Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the best way too farm vega toroids?

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

Question

3 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)BRUHck Obama said:

Which is the best way to farm it, i spent an hour with a drop chance booster in spaceport and only got one vega toroid, recently i discovered i could try it in the exploiter orb mission killing the small spiders, or is there a better way.

Were you using a loot frame??   Loot frame, smeeta, more people, and a drop booster can all help gets tons of roids..  Like this one time I got like 80+ from a full squad.   Solo or in pairs its really low amount but you should be able to get some.   The enemy spawns are the hard part because they break.  The alert banners have never worked well and do a crappy job of spawning enemies.  

Fight outside until enemies stop... then go inside and fight until enemies stop...then go back outside.. etc... 

-------------------------------------

Exploiter fight takes diluted thermia.... if you wanna go through the awesome and totally fun process of grinding fractures so you can do Exploiter runs...    Same rules still appy.... if you want drops you need loot frame, smeeta, drop chance...     On a typical run I usually get 2-4 roids tho with none of that..  (which is like 1-2 drops).   NOT a great way to farm in my opinion.    There is also 3 green spiders out in the wild that can spawn, usually around the mushroom forests....  

I would stick to the bases...  

A fun thing you can do is use a Nekro.  Goto the base.... activate desocrate in the middle...  Then jump into a mech and fight with it.. make sure you dont have AoE weapons.  Nekro will continue to work while your fighting lol.   

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)BRUHck Obama said:

Which is the best way to farm it, i spent an hour with a drop chance booster in spaceport and only got one vega toroid, recently i discovered i could try it in the exploiter orb mission killing the small spiders, or is there a better way.

I used Necros with subsumed Petrify with augment. (which to be honest i rarely used, mostly as OF button) I also had drop chance booster. Got 12 in about 5-10 minutes. Not sure, because i farmed at least 10 of all 3 types of toroids, while mission took half an hour. I played solo, if you can get a full group results should be much better. 

My advice is to be at the highest alert level all the time. Don't destroy alert beacons, if it starts to decrease let corpus dudes put new ones before killing them. 

Optimally you'd use poison, magnetic and high slash in your weapon, with a precise secondary to kill enemies near beacons. That's the most important thing, max alert all the time. 

9 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

A fun thing you can do is use a Nekro.  Goto the base.... activate desocrate in the middle...  Then jump into a mech and fight with it.. make sure you dont have AoE weapons.  Nekro will continue to work while your fighting lol.   

Oh, i haven't thought of that. Gotta try leveling mechs while farming toroids:-)

Archived