Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy damage in corpus RJ survival is too high

MistressMoonpaw

Me and my squad just did a round of Lu Yan or whatever its called, a RJ survival and the enemies inside the ship did ridiculous damage. They were below 60, around 58-59 and their damage was just ridiculous. They one shot my hound with 1500 hp, and me, a chroma with vex armor on and umbral mods, they take me down in 2-3 hits, sometimes 1. Im mastery legendary 1 with over 4180 play hours, so im not a noob, im not running a normal Loki without vitality on. I have a good feel for enemy strength from playing this game for literally years, and compared to other enemies at lvl 60 theyre WAY too strong

Try farming ambassador lol.  Through my bazillion run throughs of RJ survival...

The first big threat are the sentinels and moas that instantly lay x6 stacks of electric, heat, or cold on you.  If you dont have DR or armor this can be insanely deadly.   The sentinels can easily one shot pets.

But yeah your right.. one of the corpus deals huge burst damage,  Anytime I didnt have DR or Shields I would get splattered all over a wall.   They have lots of new fancy guns and I cant tell which guy specifically was doing it...   All I know is there is a killer archwing gun wielding guy with like a corpus version of imperator. 

22 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Try farming ambassador lol.  Through my bazillion run throughs of RJ survival...

The first big threat are the sentinels and moas that instantly lay x6 stacks of electric, heat, or cold on you.  If you dont have DR or armor this can be insanely deadly.   The sentinels can easily one shot pets.

But yeah your right.. one of the corpus deals huge burst damage,  Anytime I didnt have DR or Shields I would get splattered all over a wall.   They have lots of new fancy guns and I cant tell which guy specifically was doing it...   All I know is there is a killer archwing gun wielding guy with like a corpus version of imperator. 

I did have Adaption equipped too, so i had 90% damage reduction on top of the vex armor armor-boost and still i went down quickly, and so was the rest of my team. Some corpus enemy's damage is totally whack

note: within the past Week or so, we got nerfed. we all take more Damage now. 
a varying amount depending on how much survivability you were stacking before, but taking ~40% more Damage is pretty common after the nerf. the more you were stacking, the more you lost in the nerf.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

note: within the past Week or so, we got nerfed. we all take more Damage now. 
a varying amount depending on how much survivability you were stacking before, but taking ~40% more Damage is pretty common after the nerf. the more you were stacking, the more you lost in the nerf.

i guess playing Inaros or dying every 15 seconds is the new meta

43 minutes ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

i guess playing Inaros or dying every 15 seconds is the new meta

Damage avoidance is better than damage reduction. Inaros and Chroma really don't scale well (if you are dying as Chroma, you'll probably also die as Inaros), especially because 90% adaptation stacks against puncture won't do anything to help against a sudden large electric proc (for example). 

For this reason, playing at high levels has always been dominated by crowd control methods because preventing the enemy from attacking you is a far more effective form of defense. I suggest trying out some different frames & playstyles instead of trying to tank everything.

Using specters also helps a lot, they draw fire away from you and also use abilities which can be super useful!

If all else fails, you can always fall back on 

4 hours ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

normal Loki without vitality

because staying invisible is another good form of defense that works really well!

12 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

because staying invisible is another good form of defense that works really well!

then you die to stray bullets or AoE.

And also, tanking everything worked really well up to this point. We had a rennaisance of crowd control in the early days, but things shifted to stacking survivability.

5 hours ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

then you die to stray bullets or AoE.

Yes, it requires that you're mindful of positioning. You can also use shield gate with augur set / brief respite to help when you make a mistake. Or switch to operator when shield breaks. Loki also has an ability that removes enemies' ranged weapons, so there's no stray bullets to begin with.

5 hours ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

And also, tanking everything worked really well up to this point. We had a renaissance of crowd control in the early days, but things shifted to stacking survivability.

Tanking has always been a mid-game strategy. The people who do extremely long survival missions (not me, I don't have the patience) will tell you that they never even considered using Inaros. There is a case to be made for Chroma as a damage buffer, but it only works if the other teammates bring crowd control.

Railjack enemies have boosted stats for their level compared to star chart enemies, so it may be worth moving on from mid-game strategies in these missions. 

Archived