Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do I have permission to delete my account on this website and sign up again using the same Username as before in order to reset my join date due to personal reasons?

KUNGFUJEDIMASTER24

Question

Greetings and salutations brother and sister Tennos!! I just wanted to know whether it is possible to reset my join date; meaning deleting my present account and signing up again using the same Username as before. It is due to personal reasons that have got nothing to do with the community or the game itself, but my problem is that since recently websites technically don't allow resets as far as I know, taking into account the design model used by Facebook which just restores your previous account to its current state if you utilize the same username, but if you delete an account and get a new one with a different username then it is not a problem, as the server stores the user account's information permanently. There are other situations in which the website would let you delete your account, but the information won't be removed from the server, so when you try to sign up again using the same username, the website says that the username already exists and doesn't let you take that one, indefinitely. I just wanted to know whether this is the same situation over here as well and please rest assured; I am not doing this for any nefarious designs, political agendas, selfish ambitions, ulterior motives, malicious intentions or anything that would even remotely go into the territory of illegality.

7 answers to this question

"How can I delete my account?

If you wish to delete your account and remove all your information permanently, you will need to contact customer support and answer a few security questions to verify that you are the creator of the account.

You can submit your request here."

From: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203728870-How-can-I-delete-my-account-

35 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

"How can I delete my account?

If you wish to delete your account and remove all your information permanently, you will need to contact customer support and answer a few security questions to verify that you are the creator of the account.

You can submit your request here."

From: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203728870-How-can-I-delete-my-account-

Thank you for the feedback NovusNova. I have already read the support page, but they don't clearly state that if you delete your information on the website whether it would affect your in-game account as well and whether you would be able to sign up with the same username and there is also another link that says that you cannot reset your account, which is this one => https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182120-Can-I-reset-my-Account-

So, if that is the situation then I don't want to create an unnecessary risk of not only losing my account but also not be able to get my username back. Are the website and game accounts linked together and even if they are not, will I be able to sign up using the same Username as before? Because I definitely don't want to lose my in-game progression, but resetting or deleting my website forum account information is just fine, on the assurance that I am allowed or permitted to get the same Username as before.

Your forum account is linked to your ingame account: you have the same name, use the same login data and your current glyph is also you forum avatar, etc.

So I doubt you'll be able to delete just your forum account without deleting your game account.

4 hours ago, KUNGFUJEDIMASTER24 said:

I am not doing this for any nefarious designs, political agendas, selfish ambitions, ulterior motives, malicious intentions or anything that would even remotely go into the territory of illegality.

Then why are you even wanting to reset your account with the same name? It wont change anything to make a new account, you will later be able to acquire all the gear you could pick from at the Introduction mission.

4 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Then why are you even wanting to reset your account with the same name? It wont change anything to make a new account, you will later be able to acquire all the gear you could pick from at the Introduction mission.

Because I wanted to "modify" my forum account for the sake of experimentation and not my in-game account because my target is not the game account, but the forum account, but since they are linked, it is not going to be possible. There was a time when you could do that without any questions asked, just like doing an exchange or a refund at particular stores on specific items, but I guess things have changed due to security issues and I understand. A few years ago people were doing resetting of their accounts, but now since the server stores the information indefinitely even on website forums due to security reasons; this is not possible anymore, which is just fine, I was only looking for a possibility, but it is not a necessity. The Zendesk has also mentioned that you can't reset your account, so I guess the issue is resolved; thanks anyway.

3 minutes ago, KUNGFUJEDIMASTER24 said:

Because I wanted to "modify" my forum account for the sake of experimentation and not my in-game account because my target is not the game account, but the forum account, but since they are linked, it is not going to be possible. There was a time when you could do that without any questions asked, just like doing an exchange or a refund at particular stores on specific items, but I guess things have changed due to security issues and I understand. A few years ago people were doing resetting of their accounts, but now since the server stores the information indefinitely even on website forums due to security reasons; this is not possible anymore, which is just fine, I was only looking for a possibility, but it is not a necessity. The Zendesk has also mentioned that you can't reset your account, so I guess the issue is resolved; thanks anyway.

that's not the reason, we honestly dont care if u do, it just doesn't make any sense lol

unles u wanted r account made on 6/9 at 4:20 in the morning or somethiing?

we are just interested y lol, not because  need a reason or anything 

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

that's not the reason, we honestly dont care if u do, it just doesn't make any sense lol

unles u wanted r account made on 6/9 at 4:20 in the morning or somethiing?

we are just interested y lol, not because  need a reason or anything 

I understand; thank you very much for your feedback, brother. It is a long story, but lets just say that I was trying to test something, but don't worry, it wasn't anything serious. I absolutely love the game and want to keep playing it as long as I am able to, while obviously keeping my game and forum account and game's progression and save file synchronized and untouched.

Archived