Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for New Nightwave Acts?

clxrffdman

Here's some ideas for new Nightwave Acts (just for fun). If you have any other ideas feel free to add your own. If new story Nightwaves are on the backburner for now, I think that the best way to expand Nightwave is to add new challenges to keep it fresh. 

Daily (1000 Standing):

- Remote Surveillance: Destroy 5 Security Measures (Cameras, Arc Traps, Sensor Bars)

- Constructor: Craft At Least 1 Time Using The Foundry

- Slippery Slope: Slide 200 meters in total 

Weekly (4500 Standing):

- Embrace The Storm: Open 2 Relics in Void Storm Missions

Elite Weekly (7000 Standing):

- Ambulas Assassin: Kill at least 15 enemies using a hacked Ambulas. 

- Bug Boost: Complete a K-Drive Race using a Velocipod on the Cambion Drift.

3 hours ago, clxrffdman said:

One requires pure luck, the other I'm not even sure is actually possible.  Last I tried you can't start a race while riding one, they run away the moment you get off, and going too far from the start to retrieve it will cancel the race.

16 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I feel like we should move towards more practical tasks rather than tedious ones.

Yeah, I think we need to move away from the current formula. Right now it is basically a rotating checklist of chores to artificially inflate the useage numbers of forgotten content for investor sake. 

Good idea to come up with new suggestions. With the staff members on vacation, DE needs all the help they can get.

- Remote Surveillance: Destroy 5 Security Measures (Cameras, Arc Traps, Sensor Bars)

- Constructor: Craft At Least 1 Time Using The Foundry

- Slippery Slope: Slide 200 meters in total 

Good.

Practical.

Fun (maybe a bit of a stretch for some players).

- Embrace The Storm: Open 2 Relics in Void Storm Missions

Reasonable.

Ambulance is interesting. The challenge itself might be finiky, but it's do-able.

Deimos k-drive race? lol. It isn't impossible, but putting on the "elite challenge" list was a good idea. For me though, it is 100% impossible :crylaugh:

Elite Weekly (7000 Standing):

Big no on the Ambulas one. Relying on the AI to do anything more complicated than "run forward" outright sucks

The Velocipod one is pretty neat though. Problem is, I don't think you can talk to Grandmother while on a Board/Velocipod

vor 15 Minuten schrieb TARINunit9:

Big no on the Ambulas one. Relying on the AI to do anything more complicated than "run forward" outright sucks

This, plus you cant do it in Public groups because everyone else will just kill the enemies before the Ambula does anything (or they hack it before you).

In general, i'd like to see more creative, fun tasks instead of the tedious checklists.

I know fun is subjective, but let me give 3 examples:

Geyser Jump:

Kill 1 enemy with a Primary/secondary after being lifted into the air by a geyser on the Plains of Eidolon.

(could also be modified so the plants on Orb Vallis also count)

Death from Above:

Kill one enemy with a slam attack from a height of at least 100 meters.

(might go even higher, i did have my fun jumping on enemies from insane heights on the plains 😁)

Fast and Furious:

Kill one enemy after dismounting from a K-Drive while still in the air.

(i might be wrong, but i think we can jump upwards while dismounting to get some time?)

Just some quick tasks which focus on the many (cool) ways we can kill enemies, but not stupid tasks everyone will cheese anyway like the "get 3 headshots in a single aimglide" from Riven Challenges for example, those arent really fun in my opinion.

Some Checklists are fine (like open 10 relics, do 3 missions of any type etc), usually the ones which revolve around just playing the game like you would anyway more or less,

but other checklists are just cheap ways to get us to do time consuming activities no one would do if they wouldnt show up in Nightwave (like mine x gems).

Ps: I am aware you can skip a lot, and thats what i do anyway, but still i think we can all agree that some tasks are just lazy and that there could be improvements.

1 minute ago, DreisterDino said:

Fast and Furious:

Kill one enemy after dismounting from a K-Drive while still in the air.

(i might be wrong, but i think we can jump upwards while dismounting to get some time?)

I think the K-drive itself has a hotbox when you jump off it. Be default it does zero damage, but there's a mod to make it deal damage

vor 1 Minute schrieb TARINunit9:

I think the K-drive itself has a hotbox when you jump off it. Be default it does zero damage, but there's a mod to make it deal damage

Well, my approach was that we have to dismount somewhere from a cliff or if we are able to get some airtime after dismounting on normal ground to then either use a gun, melee or even Warframe Ability, but using this mod should also work of course then.

This is exactly how i imagine this tasks: quick and not overly complicated with different ways to approach it.

I didnt even think about the mod so i would take a different approach, but if you suceed using the directional dismount thats perfect.

So we get some tasks which are creative in itself and make the player get creative aswell instead of "ok, now i go mining for either 5 or 20 minutes depending on RNG"

- Old War, Old School: kill 50 Sentients with a melee weapon.

- Sneaky Pete: complete a spy mission with 3 extractions and no vault alarms without using invisibility.

- Perfect Cut: kill 5 enemies with a single heavy attack.

- Storm Chaser: complete 5 Void Storm missions.

-  Maximum Firepower: complete a mission using only an Archgun in heavy weapon mode.

to be honest I'm ok with whatever acts they pull out, as they're all doable. I wonder though if they got rid of the one that requires gilding Zaws: I don't mind an excuse to use my resources and get a new weapon, but I can understand why people didn't like that one.

Archived