Undocumented Kuva Nukor Changes

(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom

Question

Kuva Nukor now creates two child beams that split off from the enemy hit by the main beam. Previously, it used to be that the main beam would create a child beam, which would create another child beam, and so on, to a max of 4 child beams. So now it behaves like primary Vermisplicer/Tenet Cycron instead of Amprex/Atomos/Larkspur.
It also received an undocumented nerf to the chain damage coefficient. Went from 0.75 --> 0.5

25 answers to this question

Honestly I don't get the negativity in the majority of these replies. OP is highlighting an undocumented change, which is information... if some don't find it useful so be it, keep scrolling then. There's no need to pour cold water on him for that.

And to those who would say stuff along the lines of "get used to it" or "undocumented changes happen all the time", why then should DE bother even releasing changelogs in the future? Might as well just release an update and say job's done, time to have some lunch. DE are people and people make mistakes or miss stuff, so posts like these do the community a service.

I don't use the Nukor a whole lot and haven't noticed these changes myself, but I appreciate being made aware of this. Thanks OP.

You mean this?

Kuva Nukor

the general output is being notched down slightly with the following change:

- Chains targets reduced to 2 from 4

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1269749-update-305-sisters-of-parvos/

If not, then it's another oversight or they just forgot to tell us. Which something that you might as well want to get accustomed with when playing warframe.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

It didn't behave like that prior to U30.5. Look at a video with Kuva Nukor prior to its changes and you'll se it behaved like the first image.

Just watched a video demonstrating the weapon from like a year ago. It does look like you're correct, though the most targets that would be hit was 4 regardless of where those beams originated.

Though I think what is happening is a result of the reduction to only 2 targets. It looks like it just targets the nearest enemies. Regardless of whether or not it follows the old style I don't really understand why this makes much of a difference. 2 targets isn't really enough to make child-beams useful.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

People keep thinking that my issue is with the changes. It's not. It's that they're undocumented.

Well if that's your only issue then I think it is time to move on to a different topic, my dude. DE does undocumented stuff on the regular.

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Guess I shouldn't have bothered letting people know follow through was nerfed in an undocumented change too

I definitely appreciate you and others who document these changes.  Particularly since it's not always clear even DE is aware of them, like in the follow through example.  We might still be laboring under an apparently accidental nerf if you hadn't brought it up.

Just now, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Oh gotcha, yea that was not in the notes, and is there a reason why that's a problem? 

Are you having issues killing the super easy enemies?

If I had issues with killing enemies, I would made claims like "Kuva Nukor is complete garbage, thanks DE" in the OP.
What I don't like is undocumented changes (and people not actually reading, but I doubt that's gonna change)

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

If I had issues with killing enemies, I would made claims like "Kuva Nukor is complete garbage, thanks DE" in the OP.
What I don't like is undocumented changes (and people not actually reading, but I doubt that's gonna change)

Not sure if you know this, but this game is a private entity that is allowed to modify their game with or without your consent. 

It's in plain old regular English in their Terms.

Just now, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Not sure if you know this, but this game is a private entity that is allowed to modify their game with or without your consent. 

It it's plain old regular English in their Terms.

Obviously DE can make changes to the game. I don't care about the changes themselves that much, but the fact they they are undocumented is bothersome.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Obviously DE can make changes to the game. I don't care about the changes themselves that much, but the fact they they are undocumented is bothersome.

So if they added a little sentence in their original announcement...that's all you would have needed, correct? Just making sure. 

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Kuva Nukor now creates two child beams that split off from the enemy hit by the main beam. Previously, it used to be that the main beam would create a child beam, which would create another child beam, and so on, to a max of 4 child beams. So now it behaves like primary Vermisplicer/Tenet Cycron instead of Amprex/Atomos/Larkspur.
It also received an undocumented nerf to the chain damage coefficient. Went from 0.75 --> 0.5

I'm not really sure what you're saying with regard to how it functioned previous to these undocumented changes.

As far as I've observed it functions the same as it always has (the amprex style chaining is always what I have assumed is happening). Can you explain a bit more about what you mean by child beams? If you are saying it would link from linked targets this is incorrect as far as I remember. It may have looked this way, depending on how your nukor was set up but I've personally never observed this kind of interaction unless I had punchthrough on the weapon.

29 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It's in plain old regular English in their Terms.

Exactly.

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

With the game they can make any changes they want without announcing them. Most changes they inform us of are more along the lines of a courtesy. They may have it documented on their side on how it works. They don't really have to tell anyone. What you're seeing is the public documentation. Not the private. (And if you are seeing the private, that's DEF against terms). Most games wouldn't tell you about a nerf/buff. It would just happen on their major update (IF they're even doing updates)

However, I agree with Legesai, from what I was seeing on the gun ever since I first had it, it was always shooting one beam, then from there it split. Even on the amprex i've only noticed that it may show a second/third/etc. beam but that beam never attacks an enemy. It's only the main one. 

4 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I'm not really sure what you're saying with regard to how it functioned previous to these undocumented changes.

As far as I've observed it functions the same as it always has (the amprex style chaining is always what I have assumed is happening). Can you explain a bit more about what you mean by child beams? If you are saying it would link from linked targets this is incorrect. It may have looked this way, depending on how your nukor was set up but I've personally never observed this kind of interaction unless I had punchthrough on the weapon.

S#&$ty MS Paint skills activate.

Before

N11EECN.png

After

KV2kikx.png

Just now, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

S#&$ty MS Paint skills activate.

Before

N11EECN.png

After

KV2kikx.png

Yeah.. as far as I'm aware it has always worked like the second graphic. Slap punchthrough on it and it will look like the first graphic.

Archived