Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolyte Spawn Rate

I am not quite sure what you're on about. In regards to steel essence at least. I can easily make 30-50 steel essence by doing the alerts and a few regular survival missions. My impression is that they increased the steel essence drops, but nerfed the hardcore farming mechanics. 

Okay, for Endurance runs, like Survival and Defense, the change will not have really affected anything. They're still linked to the Rotations, there, so you should get 1 every 5 minutes or 5 waves, but that's more guaranteed now, so you can't go a rotation without missing one.

For non-Endurance it actually has changed things, because it means the Acolytes actually spawn before the 5 minute mark. Meaning you aren't standing around for 8 minutes at the end of a Capture waiting for one.

The whole point of the 'disappearing loot' change was (genuinely, no joking) specifically to prevent your use of Kavatt buffs to gain more Steel Essence per mission than you're supposed to. Triggering the buff should get you maybe two, or four times more Essence from a one pickup, but DE don't want you using that to get the same bonuses from every pickup.

So, if you were using that trick before, of course you're going to get less.

If you weren't, then Endurance runs will get you the same, while you are more likely to get Essence over time from the non-Endurance modes.

I've not seen a single acolyte for months now. I don't care for endless missions, I just do spies, captures, sabotages and rescues when they pop up in the alerts list. The "stand around for X minutes before it appears" mechanic is incredibly annoying and quite frankly, I don't care enough to pander to it.

16 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

I've not seen a single acolyte for months now. I don't care for endless missions, I just do spies, captures, sabotages and rescues when they pop up in the alerts list. The "stand around for X minutes before it appears" mechanic is incredibly annoying and quite frankly, I don't care enough to pander to it.

Because that's not the mechanic......you don't stand around....

I've been playing SP daily incursions with a friend since the update. I would say the acolyte spawn rate got more consistent and steady on endless run types of missions. I don't think anything was changed for non-endless missions, which I'm a little bit disappointed with, but I guess makes sense (probably those are the most commonly played mission types in SP and DE catered to those mission types specifically).

For survival, the acolyte spawns are very consistent. Interception as well. Heck, even defection. Still waiting to see Infested salvage pop up in an SP daily (actually I'm not sure if that one even pops up in sortie rotations?). For those missions types, you can get an acolyte to spawn 5 minutes or less (or between each "reward rotation" for that endless mode), even on SP daily (though defense is sometimes hit or miss on SP daily. Regular SP node I imagine would be fine-ish)

If you try SP exterminate, capture, rescue, spy, yeah it's a lot harder to get acolytes to spawn because you might end up killing too quickly/too fast and you end up running out of enemies (since those missions have a spawn cap limit, especially after the objective is over).

Archived