Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo first RJ mission with 1 Crew +free intristic.

quxier

Question

I have RJ after the quest and I hired 1 Crew.

Is it possible to make a crew defend ship so I can just use Archwing? When I've put a crew on Defender and go Archwing I was able to kill most enemies (few ships and 2 main ships).

I heard you can pilot your RJ into end of a map and do everything with Archwing. I somehow have done it once but 2nd time I wasn't able to do it. I have 1 free point so I guess I can put it into Pilot intristic to use boost but I'm not sure if it's right choice.

10 answers to this question

Assuming you want to solo and not just join a squad to get the higher tier component drops, Heres my suggestion :

1) get atleast the highest sigma variants of all the components (shield , plating , engine) you can afford to make your railjack not feel weak. Pick the hitscan weapons (talyn/ photor , i forget) for gunners as the AI sucks with weapons that have lead time.

2) Do not go directly to the high level , but slowly clear the proximas, saturn is very much manageable with sigma parts , collect resources and salvage over time and build the weapons you can afford (i personally prefer carcinnox on pilot but you may enjoy something else).

3) get enough intrinsics to have 2 crew as it will make the missions a lot more manageable.

4) put one crew on ENGINEER and one on GUNNER. the engineer is important cause the defender does not normally repair the ships , and your ship will most likely be destroyed by fires and hull breaches by external forces more than any boarding parties. Try to get engineer with as much repair skill as possible - repair skill is what will help keep your ship healthy (few points of repair on gunner too).

5) The gunner should take out most ships so you take less damage anyway and keep the heat off you so you can focus on the objectives.

6) Tactical mods like void cloak is very useful in early stages to keep the damage to ship at minimum.

Try to get atleast Rank 3 in commander so you can have 1 defender and one gunner

Pressing L on the keyboard will allow you to reassign roles  to your crew on the fly so you can have 2 gunners to defend your ship and if any board you can reassign to defend.

Certain side turrents will greatly help your npc crew delete any fighters even fly near your ship. ( I use Zekti Pulsar III for my npcs)

(edit: Also try to find npcs with atleast high stats with gunnery and combat with either +3 in both so when you do high rank in commander you can max out defend and gunnery and have them dedicated to those rolls. Also Engineer fills the same roll as defender but will prioritize ship fire hazards first then combatants second)

TBH even though I hate RJ group with a passion, when I was first starting, I did like 2-3 quick missions with others just so I could get enough command intrinsic experience for full crew.

It was worth the slight annoyance, as even as a RJ noob, I can handle proxima showdowns on my own now easy peasy and I've barely leveled or modded that much yet. 

38 minutes ago, EpicD said:

Is your Railjack not tanky? Do you have a clan with tier 3 sigma parts and are you using them?

I have RJ out of the main quest (nothing changed), I'm planing to buy some sigma parts from dojo but I don't have enough resources (that's why I want to spam first mission few times ).

hmmmmmm  Are you trying to "earn" your way through RJ??  I get that desire but its a complete waste of time....  Nobody cares HOW you got to the end.   My advice is get help, and get strong asap.   Then you can have fun just doing whatever nodes you want or going after the stuff in RJ that is farmable.  

Also you talk about using Archwing to advance through RJ.   AW pretty much sucks in Railjack...  True it IS more powerful than newbie turrets and gear at the early levels lol.   If I join pub matches in earth I will definately not think twice about jumping outside and fighting from AW rather than use junk RJ parts lol (actually thats not true anymore... My plexus should make junk guns still mow stuff down)...    But my advice here is that it is NOT a good plan....   but if you are totally 100% commited to AW'ing your way through RJ then dont forget there are RJ mods that can help make your AW perform better.  (They go in your plexus where you should be mostly focused on turret damage....)

===============

But asking for help is soooooo much better...   If you ask to be taught someone cool might let you use their maxed out RJ and teach you everything while in veil prox so your also earning Mk3 gear and also lots of intrinsics.... 

==================

EVEN complete RJ newbs can try to join public squads.  You may not know how to do ANYTHING RJ,  but you can still help by doing the enemy bases or defending the railjack and getting a little experience that way while getting some good gear.   In Corpus side you get dragged kicking and screaming into the final enemy base.    

But I think learning HOW to RJ is way better than trying to farm your own gear. 

===================

If you want set yourself up to be good at Solo...   You need Tactical 4 so you can warp back to ship.   Gunnery 5-7 so you can slingshot.   Piloting u need atleast BOOST but I highly recommend not stopping till you also have DRIFT.   Engineering.. I dont even know... definately need to be able to make your own Artillery ammo (cuz the stupid ass AI wont).  Command... you could get by with just 1 guy..  (Pilot would be best help for solo..., engineer keeps your ship from dieing/mission faiing...)

===============================

Good Luck...  maybe when xplay is here I could help lol.   

18 hours ago, quxier said:

Is it possible to make a crew defend ship so I can just use Archwing?

I guess I can answer this one more directly....    Yes....

AI Pilot can drive your ship, shoot the pilot turrets (and supposedly align you to critical shoot spot)

AI gunner will mow down everything it can see with side turrets

AI engineer runs around the ship repairing damage mostly. (losing your ship = mission failure)

AI Defender just run around killing people who board your ship....    

----------------

Of those you technically only need the Engineer to keep the ship alive....   but if he is alone he might get ganked by boarders so you should probably pair him with a defender (Lich!!).  

On 2021-07-26 at 8:20 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

hmmmmmm  Are you trying to "earn" your way through RJ??  I get that desire but its a complete waste of time....  Nobody cares HOW you got to the end.   My advice is get help, and get strong asap.   Then you can have fun just doing whatever nodes you want or going after the stuff in RJ that is farmable.  

Also you talk about using Archwing to advance through RJ.   AW pretty much sucks in Railjack...  True it IS more powerful than newbie turrets and gear at the early levels lol.   If I join pub matches in earth I will definately not think twice about jumping outside and fighting from AW rather than use junk RJ parts lol (actually thats not true anymore... My plexus should make junk guns still mow stuff down)...    But my advice here is that it is NOT a good plan....   but if you are totally 100% commited to AW'ing your way through RJ then dont forget there are RJ mods that can help make your AW perform better.  (They go in your plexus where you should be mostly focused on turret damage....)

I cannot play with other people so I need to somehow do it alone.

I'm well aware of archwing being good ONLY early in RJ missions.

On 2021-07-26 at 10:12 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

4) put one crew on ENGINEER

On 2021-07-26 at 8:28 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

AI engineer runs around the ship repairing damage mostly. (losing your ship = mission failure)

And this guy makes me not fail a mission. That helps a lot.

Having shield/hp thing is huge help as well.

Thank you guys/girls.

Hi all Yes it is possible. i do solo all the time,except for  void storm missions for keys. get the highest level you can pilot, gunner and engineer, level up your ship as much as possible.

Also spend some time after missions if you can fly around and collect all the loot you can, resource booster helps in this. Lot of loot and mods are used to upgrade ship.

Archived