Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How The Gravius Dilema Could Have Worked Like A More Balanced War

The_Sharp_Demonologist

Infested vs Grineer!

Now you may think "dude the infested has no brain why could they comunicate and why Grinner would have targeted them?"

Here is the thing. Corpus has no power whatsoever (so much for the most advanced faction eh?) and no ractual representant while Grineer has lots of them, the biggest ones been Sargas Ruk and Captain mother@(*()$ Vor, oh and Lit. Lech Krill. the infested has 2 Phorid and Golem, and they may be smarter than most people think.

But what could the Infested propose to beat Grineer neat prizes? and why would you support the infested? thats where the Options come in: Extermination or Knowledge.

So here is how it could go: "The infested seem to have targeted the Grineer as their next... meal... the war between grineer and Infested is spreading quickly and we have to stop it. Who wins is up to you tenno."

"Would you use this chance to exterminate the Infested at the cost of helping the Grineer expand or would you help the Infested to cripple the Grineer Empire, gain knowledge of your past and posibly more power at the cost of helping the Infested to grow in power?"

It would be a more interresting choise cause you may help the Grineer at the cost of posibly loosing the change to learn your origins and posibly unlock more power or help the Infested to severy cripple the grineer advance and gain knowledge and power. Not to mention the Infested are way more capable of fighting off the grineer than the Corpus.

Sure Infested are weak against fire and Scorch are overpowered but that flamethrower will be enough to stop what could be hundreds, if not thousands, of infested charging at you? whit Healers and Toxic acients on their back? maybe or maye not but i think it would be a fight i would love to see.

Just a though i gave to this Event, the Corpus are yet to be as strong as any of the other two factions so they just had no chance. Thats what i think. Who knows maybe this will be the next event or we could see what Alad V has in store for us. We shall see

The issue here is your misconception of Corpus strength.

Their base members has zero defence, their aim is horrible and the most powerful units are Tech and Fusion MOA who dont appear that often, at least not the Fision. And the Elite wile OP whit their range they only appear in events.

I dont see their strenght and always considered them the weakest of thee factions

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

You actually believe that they have 'strength'?  As someone whose fought for the Corpus, I think you have no idea what your talking about.

This. I fought on both sides (primarily Grineer), hey, I'm honest with myself about being a monstrous mercenary that would stop slaughtering one group if they payed better than the other guys. At the end of the day, I didn't fight for the Corpus or Grineer, I fought for myself and my clan :-P

More seriously, the Corpus should've had some legitimate heavy support in the fight - the Tech or Fusion Moas don't really cut it as Corpus "heavies", they're just bigger targets with more damaging weapons than the mooks. We know there's multiple Hyenas (they're stated to hunt in packs) ditto for Jackals (you can find a dormant one on the Grineer galleon tileset)... it makes little sense to me that you don't run into some form of beefier 'bot outside of assassination missions, kinda defeats the purpose of building killing machines when they're just as (or more) fragile than people.

This. I fought on both sides (primarily Grineer), hey, I'm honest with myself about being a monstrous mercenary that would stop slaughtering one group if they payed better than the other guys. At the end of the day, I didn't fight for the Corpus or Grineer, I fought for myself and my clan :-P

More seriously, the Corpus should've had some legitimate heavy support in the fight - the Tech or Fusion Moas don't really cut it as Corpus "heavies", they're just bigger targets with more damaging weapons than the mooks. We know there's multiple Hyenas (they're stated to hunt in packs) ditto for Jackals (you can find a dormant one on the Grineer galleon tileset)... it makes little sense to me that you don't run into some form of beefier 'bot outside of assassination missions, kinda defeats the purpose of building killing machines when they're just as (or more) fragile than people.

The issue with the Jackal is that insta-death rocket attack.  If you're stuck on Solo, you're dead.  Gone.  They'd have to change that, but that would have been an nice unit to have the Grinnies to face.  Of course, the fact that you have to pull out a Corpus Boss level monster to handle things like Heavies, Scorches, Napalms and Bombards is pretty telling, ne?

Nagisawa of Clan Arisawa

The issue with the Jackal is that insta-death rocket attack.  If you're stuck on Solo, you're dead.  Gone.  They'd have to change that, but that would have been an nice unit to have the Grinnies to face.  Of course, the fact that you have to pull out a Corpus Boss level monster to handle things like Heavies, Scorches, Napalms and Bombards is pretty telling, ne?

Nagisawa of Clan Arisawa

Well, that's why I qualified it with "some form of" - ultimately, I would've liked to have seen something reasonably new - e.g. a tripedal/quadrupedal bot that actually bridges the fodder and the bosses and serves as a legitimate Corpus heavy.

At the very least, they need to replace the poor shmuck with the stunstick - I actually feel bad about killing those guys because they're so harmless.

Nagisawa of Clan Arisawa

Hyena is not really suposed to be a Boss but ore like the "Elite" of Copus Technological weapons since they hunt in packs. A smaller vertion whit just the Machine gun and some (no insta death but damaging) rockets wuld have helped.

You actually believe that they have 'strength'?  As someone whose fought for the Corpus, I think you have no idea what your talking about.

That was a incorrect assessment of my statement based on your assumtion instead of the context of the opening poster's topic.

Corpus should've had some legitimate heavy support in the fight - the Tech or Fusion Moas don't really cut it as Corpus "heavies", they're just bigger targets with more damaging weapons than the mooks. We know there's multiple Hyenas (they're stated to hunt in packs) ditto for Jackals (you can find a dormant one on the Grineer galleon tileset)... it makes little sense to me that you don't run into some form of beefier 'bot outside of assassination missions, kinda defeats the purpose of building killing machines when they're just as (or more) fragile than people.

Suffice it to say: Zanuka Project.

The Corpus are evolving just like the Grineer did. DE is getting more and more used to working on an always-on game. Again, 8 million pieces of data to help the corpus evolve will impact the game just like when the Grineer got Eviscerators and Scorpions.