Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey De: How To Easily Silence All The Complaints About Vectis Versus Lanka

[DE]Momaw

Change the mechanics of the "chamber" mods so that instead of a damage bonus applying to the first shot in a fresh magazine, they give a damage bonus;

* Once every N seconds

or

* After aiming at a target without firing for N seconds

or

* A lesser damage bonus for the first hit on a given target

Any of these changes would allow the "chamber" mods to affect all sniper rifles in an equal and fair fashion.

Or just wait until Damage 2.0 comes out before arguing over weapon balance....

You know, the sensible thing to do...

Nothing that I have heard about "Damage 2.0" makes me think that it will have any appreciable impact on a mod that multiplies weapon damage by 40% or 100% base damage in a way that only benefits one specific weapon more than any others.

Plus, with major overhauls expected and planned, the time to be brainstorming about what needs to be touched is now. It's easier to ride the wave of changes than to get a single change added after the fact when team members move on to other tasks.

Edited by Momaw

Nothing that I have heard about "Damage 2.0" makes me think that it will have any appreciable impact on a mod that multiplies weapon damage by 40% or 100% base damage in a way that only benefits one specific weapon more than any others.

Lets say the values stay the same:

Vectis Armor Piercing damage x 100%

Lanka Slashing Damage 0 bonus

Lanka's Slashing damage DoT will out DPS Vectis' armor piercing damage on targets without armor.

If they make Ancients flesh-bags, then Lanka will become the Ancient-killer hands-down.

So you are a hitscan fanboy

Well most guns in this game are hitscan...so...

I don't know what to tell you.

Then again I don't think the Vulkar is good and yet it is hitscan. I also love my Paris Prime which I forma'd about 4 times.

What kind of fanboy am I now?

Well most guns in this game are hitscan...so...

I don't know what to tell you.

Then again I don't think the Vulkar is good and yet it is hitscan. I also love my Paris Prime which I forma'd about 4 times.

What kind of fanboy am I now?

then whats your problem with the lanka?

then whats your problem with the lanka?

I just think a glorified bow is a bad idea for multiple reasons.

1) I should not be able to shoot an arrow at a similar speed that light travels from the Lanka.

2) Canceling charges on a Lanka is annoying unless you still have 10 bullets in the clip. You'd have to block cancel the reload otherwise.

3) When it comes to sniping you should not have to charge the Lanka, rather it charge on it's own so you can capitalize and snipe the target asap.

4) Charge mechanic on a gun is the stupidest thing ever. I also hate the Ballistica for the exact same reasons.

Bottom line is, the Lanka is fine, but the way its mechanics work make me hate the gun because those mechanics should have stayed unique to bows.

Edited by Anarties

Lol, Vectis is designed specifically to use charged/primed chamber. You think Dev will change it now?

Not necessarily, it was probably just created to be a "One shot One kill" type of deal, like the Level 1 Bolt-Action sniper in every CoD that ends up being Turn-you-upsidedown-no-lube insane if you become really good with it.

Back in my MW2 days, I straddled the Intervention like no other (besides the .50 cal), so the Vectis kind of feels nostalgic to me.

I bet the Primed/Charged Chamber thing was just a coincidence that appeared either when it was released or when they had finalized it.

Scott: "Hay Steev did u kno Prymed Chambur will maek Vektiss OP? lel"

Steve: "Roflyes y do u think I maid it nub"