Nightwave Transition Question

(XBOX)Dylan OConor

Question

So this will be my first Nightwave transition, and I'm confused on a couple of points: a) it seems like I can't currently redeem my Intermission III cred - as in, the store's no longer accessible. Is that accurate? It seems like a really weird thing to do - 'hey, this currency's about to be useless, but also you don't have the opportunity to spend it before that happens'.

Also, b) do current Nightwave tasks 'stick' across the transition? Will the same tasks I have right now also be the tasks I have on Wednesday? In other words, should I try and do all of my current tasks ASAP, because they're going to go away in just two days, or should I avoid doing them, because they're not going to go away, and if I want to make any progress this week on the new Nightwave, I'm going to need those tasks?

Thanks!

12 answers to this question

a) The Nightwave store is still accessible on PC, it sounds like a bug which DE hopefully manages to fix in time before they shutdown the current nightwave.

b) There will be a 1 week break before the next nightwave starts, none of the tasks you currently have uncompleted will be active or recoverable on august 4th, complete them now asap if you still want the creds (if you can even use them that is).

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Dylan OConor said:

Also, b) do current Nightwave tasks 'stick' across the transition? Will the same tasks I have right now also be the tasks I have on Wednesday? In other words, should I try and do all of my current tasks ASAP, because they're going to go away in just two days, or should I avoid doing them, because they're not going to go away, and if I want to make any progress this week on the new Nightwave, I'm going to need those tasks?

nope as its a differnt nightwave series so tasks you have yet to finish from previous one wont be there.

Your opportunity to spend This Nightwave's Currency is THIS NIGHTWAVE. Right now. Go spend it. Need more? Do more Nightwave tasks.

The new Nightwave comes on a new week. Which means it's a new set of weeklys. >.> what would carry over? It's a different currency.

11 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

a) The Nightwave store is still accessible on PC, it sounds like a bug which DE hopefully manages to fix in time before they shutdown the current nightwave.

b) There will be a 1 week break before the next nightwave starts, none of the tasks you currently have uncompleted will be active or recoverable on august 4th, complete them now asap if you still want the creds (if you can even use them that is).

Got it, thanks! And yeah, if I complete all my current tasks, and the store comes back on Xbox (and it's been weird since the prior update), I think I'll be able to afford one more Orokin catalyst/reactor before the current Nightwave goes dark, so, you know, fingers crossed.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, NoLife said:

Your opportunity to spend This Nightwave's Currency is THIS NIGHTWAVE. Right now. Go spend it. Need more? Do more Nightwave tasks.

The new Nightwave comes on a new week. Which means it's a new set of weeklys. >.> what would carry over? It's a different currency.

A) I can't currently spend it, the store's not working on Xbox. Hence my concern.

B) The new Nightwave arrives on the 28th, correct? Which is a Wednesday. Nightwave resets on Sundays. So my question was about the weeklies I got this Sunday, which ordinarily wouldn't reset until next Sunday.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dylan OConor said:

B) The new Nightwave arrives on the 28th, correct? Which is a Wednesday. Nightwave resets on Sundays. So my question was about the weeklies I got this Sunday, which ordinarily wouldn't reset until next Sunday.

No, that is not correct.  It starts on Aug 4.

ETA:  When it starts, there will be new challenges (if DE follows previous patterns) that will be active until the Sunday reset.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

No, that is not correct.  It starts on Aug 4.

ETA:  When it starts, there will be new challenges (if DE follows previous patterns) that will be active until the Sunday reset.

Ah, thank you; I was conflating the 'end' of the current Intermission with the 'beginning' of the new Nightwave. (I'm still not really sure why the current Intermission 'ends' on the 28th, though.)

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Greenguy5000 said:

the store broke again? it was working yesterday

As of about half an hour ago (or whenever I posted this question), I wasn't able to access the store at all, no. A few weeks ago, I could press the right thumbstick, and it would bring me to an empty screen; they fixed that, but now pressing the right thumbstick doesn't do anything at all - it doesn't even take me off the Nightwave main page.

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dylan OConor said:

Ah, thank you; I was conflating the 'end' of the current Intermission with the 'beginning' of the new Nightwave. (I'm still not really sure why the current Intermission 'ends' on the 28th, though.)

It's to give DE time to make the transition to the new NW.  There's always a break of a week or so between NW episodes.

Archived