Jump to content

How do you feel when someone in your party is using a necramech?


Recommended Posts

As long as you're keeping up with the objective, like Vallis/ Plains bounties, I don't see an issue.

I've known people that leave missions when one person gets all the kills. If you're destroying everything in sight with guard mode maybe they get bored... IDK..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I've never seen anyone complain when I bust out my Mech+Umbra combo.

Nothing like pulling a reverse Titanfall.

I want to put some "sentience chip" on the necramech like in titanfall 2

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hotdog_Water666 said:

So I've used my necramech to farm mods and missions since I got it. I like it. It's more fun to me. My frames arent as fun to me. However sometimes people will just leave when I start using it or just stand around which is Warframe for I'm taking my ball and going home. So I guess I'm asking how everyone else feels to see if maybe I've just had a string of bad luck with pubs or if people are really as upset about it as I'm perceiving. 

I don't enjoy following around in the wake of a necramech during a void storm, trying to get kills while it does obscene amounts of damage and room nukes.

Like, I might as well not be there, honestly. And considering I don't play Warframe just to watch the number go up - I actually like the gameplay - when another player's playstyle makes it difficult to do that? Not going to have a good time.

Now, I've never outright left a mission or leeched because of it - I still try my best - but I sure as Hell am leaving the squad after mission completion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chaotea said:

I love it, because i go: "oh yea, i have a necramech and can use it in these space missions." Then there are two people using necramechs!

 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hotdog_Water666 said:

So I've used my necramech to farm mods and missions since I got it. I like it. It's more fun to me. My frames arent as fun to me.

 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I think "That's pretty cool."

yet, they still are locked in open worlds, and no, the "they get stuck" exscuse doesn't work, that's nto the problem.

 

what a shame and waste of fun gameplay.....such potential...wasted in few missions...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

I want to put some "sentience chip" on the necramech like in titanfall 2

We could have Ordis pilot it remotely, that seems like a good idea.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PSN)Hotdog_Water666 said:

So I've used my necramech to farm mods and missions since I got it. I like it. It's more fun to me. My frames arent as fun to me. However sometimes people will just leave when I start using it or just stand around which is Warframe for I'm taking my ball and going home. So I guess I'm asking how everyone else feels to see if maybe I've just had a string of bad luck with pubs or if people are really as upset about it as I'm perceiving. 

Indifferent 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got no problem with it. You kill your red dots and I kill mine. In some cases (when I'm lazy or just bored and want to look around the level with a scanner or need to attend to work), I even welcome it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't care what frame/weapon/other the players in my group are using. I use my Mech all the time, especially for Orb Vallis bounties, if someone had a problem with it I haven't noticed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm totally fine with it. I like the mechs myself and if someone feels they need it for a mission, or just wants to be a killer corncob, go for it. I don't leech but I also don't care who gets the kills as long as I get the affinity and pick up some rewards. when I want to make sure I get the kills, I solo.

nowadays though I only PUG Arbitrations and SP Incursions, for quickness and *usually* I end up with people who are competent enough to not need carrying and/or metaheads using their most OP loadouts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

yet, they still are locked in open worlds, and no, the "they get stuck" exscuse doesn't work, that's nto the problem.

Nope, there fine in open world, i think you mean in non-open world missions?

The 'they get stuck' isnt why theyre not in, its a balance concern. The space missions are likely a test ground for them to gather data on how it effects gameplay.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

That would be cool

"Team Necramechs" one comes with a saddle, and another Tenno can ride passenger and, dunno, use own energy to activate Necramech abilities or use a mounted gun on the Necramech or something. Be like a horse, and jousting from the back of the Necramech or using mounted melee weapons 

Tell the Necramech pilot "walk closer, I wanna hit them with my sword"

 

First thing I thought of was Mariokart Doubledash, or the Borderlands co-op vehicles 

I'm reminded of some of the Vital Suits in Lost Planet 2, which had little harnesses on the side that players could hang onto.

11 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Newbs are stupid.  I get bailed on all the time in XP farm when I pull out stuff that can mass murder.   They think its not fun if they dont actually get to whack something or shoot stuff and or have absolutely no damn clue how affinity sharing works.  

Ah yes, how dare people actually want to play the game. The audacity! Everything must be totally efficient, all the time!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, (PSN)Hotdog_Water666 said:

So I've used my necramech to farm mods and missions since I got it. I like it. It's more fun to me. My frames arent as fun to me.

give it some time it will rub off.
happened to me as well.

 

don't worry you'll be back to your good ol frames in no time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Soy77 said:

give it some time it will rub off.
happened to me as well.

 

don't worry you'll be back to your good ol frames in no time.

Nah I don't think so. There's no point to using a frame now except for the abilities that can help the mech like wukongs clone. I don't do star chart missions anymore. I haven't even started steel path because I don't wanna go back to the star chart. I only do open world and railjack now. The only reason I use frames now is for MR and ive got 6 or 7 frames and about 30 weapons I haven't even touched yet because I just don't want to go back to farming defense or running through onslaught. I only made this topic to see what other people thought I had no intention on changing the way I play because someone else is upset with it. If I get bored with the mech I'd probably just quit playing again for a while.

 

Edited by (PSN)Hotdog_Water666
Words
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (PSN)Hotdog_Water666 said:

I only made this topic to see what other people thought I had no intention on changing the way I play because someone else is upset with it.

so basically it's like you're smoking in a public place with unclear smoking policy, then you stop to ask everybody there "i'm sorry ladies and gentlemen is my smoke bothering ya'll? cuz i don't have any intention to stop. just wondering how many of you are pissed."

 

 

words of wisdom: everyone can do whatever the heck they want in warframe.

in solo.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, chaotea said:

Nope, there fine in open world, i think you mean in non-open world missions?

yeah, i mean that necramechs are available only in open worlds, and that's a shame.

 

17 hours ago, chaotea said:

The 'they get stuck' isnt why theyre not in, its a balance concern. The space missions are likely a test ground for them to gather data on how it effects gameplay.

"balance" isn't the problem, i mean, what balance issue do they have?

-too weak? maybe a bit, but i don't think ti should be a valid reason to not make them available in other missions, nay, if they are weak, let the playes test them and correct the flaws.

-too strong? please, we have nuke frames lsuch as  saryn,mesa or equinox, or other frames that can deal abnormal damage with a single ability(like sevagoth's shadow), the only op ability  for the mechs, is voidrig 4th ability, yeah, strong indeed, too bad it has no mobility, so the "it's too op to be implemented" isn't a valid reason(bonewidow 4th ability is balanced btw).

the gameplay will not change too much, and even if it does, is that really a bad thing?, on the countrary, it will add more variety to the gameplay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

yeah, i mean that necramechs are available only in open worlds, and that's a shame.

And non-open world space battles. You can use them in all the mission types in railjack.

 

49 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

"balance" isn't the problem, i mean, what balance issue do they have?

IDK, maybe the ability to 1 hit level 100 enemies with an AoE rapid fire blast?

 

50 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

-too weak? maybe a bit, but i don't think ti should be a valid reason to not make them available in other missions, nay, if they are weak, let the playes test them and correct the flaws.

Hardly weak, they're tankier than most warframes and hit harder. Also, players are testing it, in space missions.

 

51 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

-too strong? please, we have nuke frames lsuch as  saryn,mesa or equinox, or other frames that can deal abnormal damage with a single ability(like sevagoth's shadow), the only op ability  for the mechs, is voidrig 4th ability, yeah, strong indeed, too bad it has no mobility, so the "it's too op to be implemented" isn't a valid reason(bonewidow 4th ability is balanced btw).

Bonewidows 4th definatly isnt balanced, its very strong. Still, yes we have nuke frames. Im not saying 'too op to be implemented'. Im saying 'too op that it disrupts the balance and thus becomes the only legitimate way to play'.

 

53 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

the gameplay will not change too much, and even if it does, is that really a bad thing?, on the countrary, it will add more variety to the gameplay.

Yes, it could be. As stated above, it could force a situation where if youre not using a voidrig then your just handicapping yourself. In doing so it will add less variety to gameplay.

Think of all the op weapons people used to death that had to be nerfed.

I want necramechs in normal missions as much as the next guy, but i want them in in a manner there they wont immediately suffer some god awful nerf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...