Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis Wraith mod help

(PSN)skydaddy79

Question

Hi,

I’m hoping to get some suggestions for modding my Ignis. I’ve just purchased Galvanised Aptitude and am really struggling with which mod to remove to fit it in. 

Currently I’m running  the following:

Galvanised Chamber, Serration, Heavy Caliber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Rime Rounds, Malignant Force and Vile Acceleration. 

I have Aspergers so get really worked up as to whether I’m running the optimal build (sad I know!), and I just can’t figure out which one to lose. I’m leaning  towards Serration or Heavy Cal but losing flat damage boosts just feels wrong. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks. 

16 answers to this question

55 минут назад, (PSN)skydaddy79 сказал:

160% assuming 2 stacks and 2 status effects which is only a minor increase over other damage mods

Some people go for Hunter Munitions in their build thus giving you Ignis slash damage procs as well to help with heavily armored enemies, you'll probably need to sacrifice some base damage for that though. Don't want to do math while not at home, so can't say if doing that is more benificial comparing to regular builds.

Thanks for all the replies, has given me a lot to think about!

Primed Shred I never really considered because of the body punch through as standard on the Ignis has always seemed to worked just fine but will defo give it a try. 

Losing Vile Acceleration is something I’m really reluctant to do as 90% increases fire rate is pretty much doubling my damage, right?

One comment that really got me thinking was the fact I only have 2 damage types on my Ignis (viral/heat) so unless I’m priming with another weapon - which I’d rather not have to keep swapping weapons all the time - I’m not benefiting that much from Galv Apt, ‘only’ 160% assuming 2 stacks and 2 status effects which is only a minor increase over other damage mods. 

But anyway as I say I really do appreciate the suggestions, oh and I am currently using the merciless arcane (only rank 2 atm but am working on it!).

23 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

Wouldn't aptitude be good on Ignis then, given it's status chance? Or you recon base 29% + 34.8% from 2 dual stats are enough and it's not worth it pushing just over 100% with 3 dual stats and aptitude? Cause I do the latter, seems to be effective. Is my perception wrong?

If it stacked more than twice I'd be inclined to use it. Up to the point of what Ignis Wraith is good against it's fine without it, then past that point it doesn't give enough to make a real difference.

17 минут назад, -CdG-Zilchy сказал:

Right mod for the right weapon, not just on everything.

Wouldn't aptitude be good on Ignis then, given it's status chance? Or you recon base 29% + 34.8% from 2 dual stats are enough and it's not worth it pushing just over 100% with 3 dual stats and aptitude? Cause I do the latter, seems to be effective. Is my perception wrong?

7 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Aye, while that is true, most objects and walls either do not allow punch through or are too thick for it to matter with the limited amount you get from these mods. Only guns with Infinite punch through like the Fluctus or Zenith would work. I find that it's just not worth it if you already have body punch through since the value you get out of it is circumstantial. Unless of course you like to camp a spot in a specific mission right next to a wall. I rarely do that though. And even then, things that arc between enemies like the Atomos, secondary Gaze, Amprex and Vermisplicer may prove to be more potent.

Yeh that's fair enough, I can understand that approach. I think Primed Shred would be able to pass through but normal Shred, yeh probably not.

14 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Incorrect, it has infinite body punch through as you mentioned but won't go through walls without Shred.

Aye, while that is true, most objects and walls either do not allow punch through or are too thick for it to matter with the limited amount you get from these mods. Only guns with Infinite punch through like the Fluctus or Zenith would work. I find that it's just not worth it if you already have body punch through since the value you get out of it is circumstantial. Unless of course you like to camp a spot in a specific mission right next to a wall. I rarely do that though. And even then, things that arc between enemies like the Atomos, secondary Gaze, Amprex and Vermisplicer may prove to be more potent.

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Shred or Primed Shred make the Ignis that much better with the punch through.

Dunno, I kinda find the opposite to be true, you lose the ability to catch multiple enemies in the AoE
by hitting one enemy close to others or just shooting the ground between enemies.

Punch Through makes it so the AoE portion of the shots (the sphere at the end of the beam)
ends up inside walls / the air, it's similar to how you usually don't want Punch Through on Launchers.

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Split Chamber

Already using Galvanized Chamber.

3 hours ago, (PSN)skydaddy79 said:

Galvanised Aptitude

You're only getting two damage types from Ignis, I don't see that Mod doing a whole lot for you,
especially since you already use two dual stat elemental Mods and Heavy Caliber.

3 hours ago, (NSW)TheBenBenBen said:

Fire rate just makes it run out quicker.

It's a significant DPS (including procs) boost, Ignis can easily afford it with its huge mag, half ammo used per shot, and 60 ammo per pickup.

Archived