Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could the (Automated) Trade-ban punishment system be looked at?

One-Eyed_King

18 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

This isn't a thread about getting one specific issue resolved by support.  This is about the slew of issues their automated bans create when they effect players who are literally doing exactly what DE wants.  You buy boosters with plat; DE wants that.  You spend a lot of time playing and increase their player engagement statistics; DE wants that too.  You farm up a companion that they put in the game with its own resource boosting ability and then slap a bunch of forma on it so it can hang with you when the enemies hit triple digit levels and that's all good with DE too.  As soon as you put all those things together and then get a little bit of luck on your side which causes you to get a bunch of resources, DE bans you from trading with no real appeal process.  You are punished for grinding too effectively and/or getting lucky.  

People do nothing wrong and get trade banned in numbers far larger than anyone should be comfortable with and yet we can't even get them to acknowledge that it's a problem.  I had a really good trade lined up once and only found out I was trade banned when I went to make the deal.  I didn't even get a notification about it.  The only thing that could have triggered it was some really lucky smeeta procs on Exploiter while having a resource booster while there was double drops from one event or another.  I did absolutely nothing wrong, got punished for it, it cost me a great deal on a riven and that made me stop playing for months.  I still obviously have a really bad taste in my mouth about it, and it absolutely effects how much I interact with the microtransactions in this game and my attitude toward them in general.  

The more issues like this they leave in the game, the more disrespectful they are of our time, the more negatively I view them.

You summed up perfectly how I feel. I hope we can somehow convince DE to be a little more personal when it comes to banning players...

Archived