Reporting a player

giovmarz99

Question

17 answers to this question

Warframe does not notify you of any actions taken against other accounts after reports afaik. Why would you even need one? I've rarely ever felt the need to report people.

Ignoring people is very easy and makes more sense if someone is repeatedly insulting you. If they tend to insult people a lot they will probably receive a chat suspension from the moderators. Certain phrases on their own can suspend you from chat or a specific type of chat.

Asking for actions to be taken on individual players/cases is not what the forums are for.

10 minutes ago, giovmarz99 said:

how did you know if they have taken action?

Thats the neat part, you don't know.

I dont think they need to share such informtation with you as gaming companies usually do those discretely and giving you a reply that goes like "The user will be dealth with appropriately, thank you for the report"

10 hours ago, giovmarz99 said:

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask you if you have ever had to report someone for insulting you all the time, and if so how did you know if they have taken action?

Thank you! 

have photo or video proof of this an send a support ticket to DE about the persons harrasment.
i had video recording of this an person only got there account suspended for awhile

Really that is why we have a block button. You can report them if you really feel the need, but you will never know what, if anything, comes of it. Blocking is faster and easier. Also if you have a habit of making reports and DE feels you are abusing the system, its you that will end up banned. So again, better to block over small disagreements. Its the internet after all, expect to get random insults from keyboard warriors.

1 hour ago, Quimoth said:

Ignoring people is very easy and makes more sense if someone is repeatedly insulting you.

I am totatlly against that.

Some behaviors should not be ignored NO MATTER WHAT. I am not talking about one calling each other stupid... but if its something more serious, I say to even find the police.

And ya the police can find the suspect, noboby is 100% hidden in the internet...

12 hours ago, giovmarz99 said:

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask you if you have ever had to report someone for insulting you all the time, and if so how did you know if they have taken action?

Thank you! 

no i haven't. because i have zero tolerance policy for toxic players. i don't negotiate with these internet trashes. 
when they start talking smack and i believe the evidences are sufficient to be reportable, i screenshot - report - move on. not a single more word.

warframe community is freedom incarnated, the wild west. people can do absolutely whatever the #*!% they want and get away with it.
i have seen people defending leeching and AFK behaviors in this very forums and actually gain supporters. let that sink in...
there's nothing stopping them to do whatever they want in the game. and it will ruin the experience for the rest of us honest players.

so with that in mind, i strongly recommend you to treat warframe as a solo game first, with some occasional online co-op functionalities, instead of the other way around. my matchmaking options is defaulted on friend only. i switch to public just when i want to do void fissures. other than that i will always set it to solo, so much better since it enables the godsent feature to goddam pause the game. ikr, hallelujah.

OP, you're doing great.  The haters just want to dissuade people from using the report functionality so they don't have to stop being haters. 

But yeah, as other posters have said, you won't get any feedback about what actions DE takes once you report it.  Report, blacklist, and then keep on' framing!  And honestly, I've found that not knowing what happens is for the best, too, because then I don't have to think about that person and their dumb behavior again.  If they haven't done anything worthwhile and aren't paying rent, they don't get to live in my brain. :)

30 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

Some behaviors should not be ignored NO MATTER WHAT. I am not talking about one calling each other stupid... but if its something more serious, I say to even find the police.

And ya the police can find the suspect, noboby is 100% hidden in the internet...

I have yet to meet people that are going much further then calling you stupid in one of the many ways because you fail to meet their meta. But yes, should someone go particularly far with their insults you can report. However I am strongly against asking if a report had your desired outcome.

In other games I play I do encounter intolerable behavior a bit more often. I often find myself enjoying when I do get some feedback on the actions taken. Being able to move on however instead of feeling a lot of resentment towards the perpetrator is healthier.

Your knowledge of how the perpetrator is punished won't change the punishment or the reason for your report. If you feel truly threatened in real-life or anything of the kind you can/should go to the police or try to persuade DE/support to sue the perpetrator.

42 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

To add, most of my unfriendly experiences have been no more than disagreements where the other party draws the "I have no good arguments so I insult you" card. Most others fall under the category of "you are so bad at this game" or "I am so good, bow to me you filthy noob". The latter is the funniest to come across. It is one of the main reasons I tend to avoid recruitment chat when it comes to eidolons, conclave and the good old trials that were removed. Heck I even avoid the modes in general because they are the least fun part of Warframe to me.

It's not about "dissuading" people from using the report function... it's pointing out a far more effective method of achieving the same result.  Block and move on, you have, without waiting on DE, removed the cause of grief in your gaming session.

The *ONLY* reason you would need feedback from DE that they banned the player you reported is if YOU wanted to use that information to FURTHER punish that player with personal reprisals and public shaming.

Unlike in other games (dota2), Warframe doesn't give you an idea what happens after you report.

The thing is you have the block/unblock button which is the next best thing. You'll never have to deal with that player again.

You'll never cross path again with him allowing you to move on. 

Tip: Talk back to that player before you block him. If you're blocked by someone else, you'll get an auto reply that you're blocked by that other person.

This way, you got the last laugh because whatever he'll reply you won't be able to read any more and all he knows it because the auto reply will show in his chatbox.

57 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

OP, you're doing great.  The haters just want to dissuade people from using the report functionality so they don't have to stop being haters. 

But yeah, as other posters have said, you won't get any feedback about what actions DE takes once you report it.  Report, blacklist, and then keep on' framing!  And honestly, I've found that not knowing what happens is for the best, too, because then I don't have to think about that person and their dumb behavior again.  If they haven't done anything worthwhile and aren't paying rent, they don't get to live in my brain. :) 

I agree totally! ^^

In my time in playing Warframe I've only ever had 2 instances where people were being unpleasant. One was a person playing Loki who decided to just warp me all over the place. i asked him why they were doing that, the reply was "you are killing every thing". I replied "well why not play solo then, you are playing  game where character can nuke whole rooms" They then said they would report me. 

I just finish the level blocked them and never heard anything from them or DE about my being reported.

Another was a player telling me how silly i was for buying a Limbo prime off of them for too much. Like i mean really, someone just bought something off you at an agreed upon price and then you go and give them grief for doing so? Maybe It was over priced, I don't know, I don't keep up with, or look at the Warframe market. Proceeded to block said person because it was getting ridiculous, they then got mad and proceeded to message me over PSN, so they got blocked there as well. 

These two instances left me in a funk, I'm not too sure why, in the back of my mind i wanted something to happen to them, like maybe getting their account banned, but in the end that makes me just as bad as them if not worse. You wanting to know what what action DE takes is to have confirmation that their action and the hurt they gave to you has repercussion. It won't make things better or worse, will you then report every instance of hurt feelings and trolling to DE because you know something will be done about it through follow up messages from DE and then be the troll yourself? There is a reason why DE doesn't reply back. It could be they already sent the person a warning and that's all needs to be done, or they could have looked into the matter and thought, nothing here move on, or they know that them replying that they have dealt with the problem empowers people to think that every time they report DE will do something and then they will use that as a threat "reporting" to other players for every instance they feel they are being affected. 

Don't allow other people to destroy your enjoyment of a games, foster friendships with clans, if you go with randoms then you will have random experiences. Block people if they are being offensive to you, report if you must, forget and carry on.

Enjoy Warframe!

Archived