Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starting a mission from the helm of our railjack.

Maka.Bones

If I start a mission from the helm of my railjack, then I don't want to be put into someone else's session. Instead, I would like to pilot my own railjack. 

Please let me host a public mission, if I'm starting it from within my railjack. If I wanted to join someone else's session, then I would picking a node from the orbiter's proxima map. (Meaning if I'm not inside my railjack)

25 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

start the mish, and then quit

Do you know it is even worst? You can (and prob will) be placed in the same railjack squad over and over and over...

Happened to me yesterday. Had to quit the same railjack 4 times then I gave up and did a matchmaking on solo.

It should be reverted back to this. It was working perfectly fine the way it was.

I spent 6 minutes last night trying to find a host for an Axi Skirmish. I don't mind so much finding groups, but it's the entire process...

1. Select mission
  2. Select relic
  3. Ugh, 10s timer so I'm host
  4. Hit Y to cancel queue
  5. Repeat over and over again until someone else is finally hosting.

My Railjack is fairly good, my internet is not. I'm not hosting something like Railjack when everyone that can join me will lag. 

Regardless, I'm just getting 36 more Holokeys and 2 new Lich weapons then I'm done with all things Railjack related until the next new content needs us to go back.

12 minutes ago, Hello said:

It should be reverted back to this. It was working perfectly fine the way it was.

I spent 6 minutes last night trying to find a host for an Axi Skirmish. I don't mind so much finding groups, but it's the entire process...

1. Select mission
  2. Select relic
  3. Ugh, 10s timer so I'm host
  4. Hit Y to cancel queue
  5. Repeat over and over again until someone else is finally hosting.

My Railjack is fairly good, my internet is not. I'm not hosting something like Railjack when everyone that can join me will lag. 

Regardless, I'm just getting 36 more Holokeys and 2 new Lich weapons then I'm done with all things Railjack related until the next new content needs us to go back.

The solution is really simple but DE doesn't implement it for some reason...

When selecting missions you should be shown a list of available matches and given the choice to host a new match or join one of the ones currently in session. I'm really amazed they haven't implemented this yet considering it is a tried and true method of online matchmaking that has been successful for what... 20 years? 

Look at the popularity of Diablo 2 compared to Diablo 3. There is a reason (well tons of reasons...) why Diablo 2 remains active with tons of players decades later. Because the matchmaking/online system is well designed. Diablo 3, on the other hand, is pretty bad. Diablo 3 uses the same "match with random people" thing that Warframe uses unless you make a private match. 

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

The solution is really simple but DE doesn't implement it for some reason...

When selecting missions you should be shown a list of available matches and given the choice to host a new match or join one of the ones currently in session. I'm really amazed they haven't implemented this yet considering it is a tried and true method of online matchmaking that has been successful for what... 20 years? 

Look at the popularity of Diablo 2 compared to Diablo 3. There is a reason (well tons of reasons...) why Diablo 2 remains active with tons of players decades later. Because the matchmaking/online system is well designed. Diablo 3, on the other hand, is pretty bad. Diablo 3 uses the same "match with random people" thing that Warframe uses unless you make a private match. 

Something like this would be nice

O2Sedd8.png

It worked for Scarlet Spear and people seemed to like it. If this was an option for every mission, then at least I would like it. I had hoped at that time this was a testing phase to make it game wide, apparently not.

7 minutes ago, Hello said:

O2Sedd8.png

It worked for Scarlet Spear and people seemed to like it. If this was an option for every mission, then at least I would like it. I had hoped at that time this was a testing phase to make it game wide, apparently not.

That's a great point!

On 2021-07-26 at 2:24 PM, DarkSkysz said:

Do you know it is even worst? You can (and prob will) be placed in the same railjack squad over and over and over...

Happened to me yesterday. Had to quit the same railjack 4 times then I gave up and did a matchmaking on solo.

That's you gotta wait 30s-2min before trying again. 

On 2021-07-26 at 4:13 PM, Hello said:

O2Sedd8.png

Yes, this please. 

Archived