Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE REVAMP THE K DRIVES

12 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

As someone who really likes using a Kdrive during open world zones I completely agree. The control is sub-par. These things could use a fresh coat of paint and a tightening of controls/mechanics across the board.

the k drive are that bad and rubbish i see why the dev abounded the hell out of it they need to fix it it like handling a something that has a mind of it own they need to refine it and sort it before doing anything but they wont 

1 minute ago, minininja77 said:

for even a hope and a prayer of DE seeing the let alone revamping them this post would need to be in the feedback section

i dont even know where to find that as the website is also all over the place i only know this one in warframe there are many thing i love but k drive sucks

32 minutes ago, (XBOX)Horizon Thor said:

I'm asking de to revamp the k drive as they handle so bad they go all over the place it like you ice sliding every ware please sort it and make it better and not give up on it please the k drive was a wicked thing only to be left behind like a hunk of poo

While I agree 100% it does make some logical sense that they'd slide all over the place considering they are hoverboards (no ground friction). 

While I wouldn't say k-drives are perfect I'd settle for less 'flying across half the map' when you hit something, it's far too common even with the band aid mod added.

Using weapons could get some improvements as well if I'm being honest. 

Not that I'd use them in open worlds, it's far easier to just pop into archwing.

49 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

Agree.

Give us this

jcdpGZD.png

Imagine zipping through the ice tunnels that according to Nora the coprus are drilling on venus, blasting moa and defense turrets. Pulling out your secondary and opening fire on the swarm of drones chasing behind you. Only for the tunnels to give way to a vast underground coolant lake. Suddenly your being fired upon by corpus battleships and have to dodge and weave as you zip along the surface of the lake to avoid giant cannon shots as you line up to make an attack run on one. And as the battle rages on both sides fail to notice the ancient orokin/infested/Cthulhu monstrosity stirring from the depths. 

But instead we have Hony Tawk's my first skateboard with the training wheels missing.

I actually enjoy k driving just to relax ,

but i do agree that the controls need to be smoother (lol),

it can get a little too slippery at times.

There are a few niche builds i use that are kinda effective during eidolons, if i actually wanna do Eidolons again that is.

You can get used to the controls after some practice , but honestly , there is very little incentive outside of just fun to do so.

I think they need to lean into the minigame aspect since the maneuvrability is pretty always going to worse than a frame. Roll the tricks for damage mod into the base boards and increase the radius based on the score. A 6000 point trick should go absolutely nuclear.

Such quality feedback... 

"Waaah, it's poopy, make it not poopy !"

No description of how and why x and y aspects of kdrives are not to your liking, no suggestion on how to fix it, you don't present what you want out of this system, nothing...

For having given a good second chance to kdrives after yareli's quest, I actually find them very nice, responsive and pretty relaxing. Poor handling is the last issue of those things.

So yeah, no way I can take you seriously, and I doubt any dev worth his salt would either. I can only see a whinny kid that is incapable of handling this very simple vehicule, and that certainly doesn't seem like he's willing to learn.

Keep crying, it's not like if you could have mastered kdriving by the time you wrote this thread...

1 minute ago, Fallen77 said:

Such quality feedback... 

"Waaah, it's poopy, make it not poopy !"

No description of how and why x and y aspects of kdrives are not to your liking, no suggestion on how to fix it, you don't present what you want out of this system, nothing...

For having given a good second chance to kdrives after yareli's quest, I actually find them very nice, responsive and pretty relaxing. Poor handling is the last issue of those things.

So yeah, no way I can take you seriously, and I doubt any dev worth his salt would either. I can only see a whinny kid that is incapable of handling this very simple vehicule, and that certainly doesn't seem like he's willing to learn.

Keep crying, it's not like if you could have mastered kdriving by the time you wrote this thread...

Designers always say not to bother giving specific suggestions. They don't look at them. Players are good at finding problems, but not at solving them. When I'm suggesting such a thing I kind of know it's more for the what if discussion than anything. I think there are even legal reasons they specifically won't look at suggestions.

il y a 23 minutes, Sojufueled a dit :

Designers always say not to bother giving specific suggestions. They don't look at them. Players are good at finding problems, but not at solving them. When I'm suggesting such a thing I kind of know it's more for the what if discussion than anything. I think there are even legal reasons they specifically won't look at suggestions.

That's.... not a thing. Whatever you suggest on the public forum is not subject to any copyright.

Player often suggest stupid things, sure, but no designer with self respect would ever say no to suggestions.

The issue is that feedback can often be bloated due to the player writing a full fanfiction of what he'd like, but that's another form of bad feedback.

Because yes, there is suggestion and suggestion. You can just give an short idea of how you think the system could be improved to illustrate your point, or you can write ten paragraphs of ludicrous demands (here's ten pages of my reworking of volt, that everyone is totally gonna give 2 sheets about), then cry that the devs don't listen to the community. If any dev ever spoke against the idea of giving suggestion, it would have been regarding the fanfiction kind of suggestion.

Here, the guy is just crying "it's bad, make it good". The absolute zero of feedback. If OP can't point out any specific of what is bad, how it is bad and what could be done (at least in his mind) to improve it, then he should keep his insufferable whinning to himself, because that's all it is, insufferable whining.

Now for you good sir, I'm not sure where you're going with your answer. Should we then just point the finger at a system, say "bad" and let the devs figure everything on their own ?

The essence of giving feedback is giving suggestions on how to make something better. If we avoid doing so, it just devolves into nonsense and empty complaining like OP.

i don't think the controls or handling are that bad, I just think the overall execution of K-drives is that bad.. a jet-powered plank given to us by a bunch of cringey 8 year olds living in a vent is not how you add hoverboards into a game IMO. if they had maybe done it sooner, before adding archwing, they might have been appreciated more, but they're a fun distraction at best and a bottomless source of unfiltered cringe at worst.

Ah yes, the op who recently made a rant post about how warframe was supposedly crashing his console (though the rest of the forum suspect it was a hardware overheating issue) and basically swore he wouldn't play it anymore. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I don't think K-drives will ever be "fixed" unless they are given huge compelling reasons to be used vs. Archwing beyond having fun.

They need to be reworked to allow for the usage of primaries and melees (Even if for basic attacks per weapon class) as well as allowing you to cast abilities while riding them. They could be given generic casting animations rather than re-doing all of them to tailor the base frame. In addition, having K-drive mods be affected by WF mods for scaling would make them synergize better with the rest of your build. Still, handling and fall resistance has to be looked at.

Currently, K-Drives compete in mobility and "fun". However, "fun" tends to be secondary to efficiency/effectiveness. Thus, K-drives are only able to offer mobility and they are vastly outclassed by Archwings, leaving them with no purpose. Archwing also using primaries doesn't help K-drives either. They would have to be re-worked so they only use Archwing weapons so K-drives get the exclusive benefit of primaries.

That way, the K-Drives get a huge (Not slight, not mild; huge) distinctive combat/tactical advantage over Archwings. In turn, Archwings have the mobility advantage due to their speed.

I don't see any other way to make K-drives compelling. I'm not going to do tricks and grind walls in the middle of a survival mission when I could be killing enemies instead, and their reception indicates I am not alone in this sentiment.

Archived