Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis Should Have A Higher Conclave Rating

Hallowieners

Ignis is honestly the most OP Conclave wep ingame in terms of not 1shotting everything.... I mean... it shoots through walls... its range comes off as short but is much longer which pisses some off... it f'ing blinds you... it's just... fantastic. My 5 Forma'd Ignis makes a Ironskinned maxed out Rhino look like a Ember packing no Vitality or Redirection or Overheat, I've yet to find someone that can face me for over 4 seconds in the deadly purple flames, but that's kinda also the reason I stopped conclave... so much rage.

It may be OP but it has one major flaw.

Range.

I just shoot it with a soma, far away and I'm set for the next 10 games.

Other than that, shouldn't weapons like the Soma, Sandal, Brakk, Acrid and other OP weapons should have a higher conclave rating?

Kinda just stupid to put it on the Ignis only.

Edited by Ephesus

Destroyed Ignis users with Soma and Embolist myself. Also...

250px-FlameRepellentMod.png

It's not much, but it's something.

If anything needs a higher Conclave rating, it's the Soma

hit me up ingame, Rompido. I'd like to see how you can "destroy" Ignis users.

hit me up ingame, Rompido. I'd like to see how you can "destroy" Ignis users.

Region? I'm in Asia(SouthEast), lacking maxed Redirection. I generally hold down the trigger while pointing my Soma at the general direction of bright green flames. I'm not proud of it... but it gets the job done. Yeah yeah I know I know, I'm using an overpowered weapon. But then again the Soma really should have a higher Conclave rating like people have mentioned.

Region? I'm in Asia(SouthEast), lacking maxed Redirection. I generally hold down the trigger while pointing my Soma at the general direction of bright green flames. I'm not proud of it... but it gets the job done. Yeah yeah I know I know, I'm using an overpowered weapon. But then again the Soma really should have a higher Conclave rating like people have mentioned.

I don't have any issues with Soma, even if they do some silly damage with accuracy, the Ignis has a large cone of damage and the range is farther than it seems. Your redirection shouldn't really make a difference against someone with a maxed Ignis, my Saryn has max Vitality, Redirection, and Vigor, yet I still die almost instantly against Ignis. It's much worse if the Ignis user happens to be a Rhino with Ironskin using Dual Zorens. 

Edited by DesuEx

I don't have any issues with Soma, even if they do some silly damage with accuracy, the Ignis has a large cone of damage and the range is farther than it seems. Your redirection shouldn't really make a difference against someone with a maxed Ignis, my Saryn has max Vitality, Redirection, and Vigor, yet I still die almost instantly against Ignis. It's much worse if the Ignis user happens to be a Rhino with Ironskin using Dual Zorens. 

Amistyrja got a chance to see that in action ( about the Rhino with Dual Zorens )

we played a few private matches, in hopes that he could show me how he destroys them. Because like you DesuEx, Rhino + Iron skin + Dual Zoren + Ignis always demolish me . pretty much the most powerful set up in Europa Conclave ( wish more would play pluto )

Amistyrja did very well but was still no match in the end against the power of an Ignis.

http://youtu.be/vbgIRLqHu0U

I did ask if it was ok for me to post this video up, he said it was fine. and explained to me that most of the Ignis users he has run across don't have a fully modded / maxed Ignis like mine.  and in case anyone wishes to know whats on mine.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Kodiak24/Warframe2013-11-0312-48-11-34.png

I think Ignis should have a higher conclave score as well. much higher.

Edited by Rompido

Yeah just had some fun with Rompido. I personally run maxed Vitality with Steel Fiber and Flame Repellent all the time so I'm a *little* sturdier, but then I met said Rhino with Ironskin using Dual Zorens with a Heavy Caliber. Quite the enlightening experience. And here I thought Ignis users were Frost Primes who hid in Snow Globes to wait for enemies to come close to them for a barbecue.

I don't think Ignis should be alone in this though. Soma and Brakk(Ogris costs 100, Brakk costs 75 and Soma only costs 20 iirc) could use higher conclave ratings as well.

Edited by Amistyrja

It even punctures storage crates. It's quite astonishing.

thus in my opinion, making it way to powerful.

this is taken from wiki.

under tips

"The AoE of the Ignis is treated as Puncture due to the flames being considered as explosions.  Despite this, the flame will not puncture enviromental objects.

• Therefore the flames are not effective when directly pointed against Shield Lancers."

so basically if you want to hit someone hiding behind something all you need to do is this.

Ignisaoe.png

yes i know I have MAD paint skills :D

oh and if you start the video at this time 1:58 you can see where i went through the wall twice. first one was pretty obvious. second one I was hitting him before he got behind a wall, but as he went behind i was still able to hit him for a short while.

http://youtu.be/vbgIRLqHu0U?t=1m58s

Edited by Rompido

thus in my opinion, making it way to powerful.

this is taken from wiki.

under tips

"The AoE of the Ignis is treated as Puncture due to the flames being considered as explosions.  Despite this, the flame will not puncture enviromental objects.

• Therefore the flames are not effective when directly pointed against Shield Lancers."

so basically if you want to hit someone hiding behind something all you need to do is this.

Ignisaoe.png

Coincidentally, I was helping some random test his Ignis in Conclave earlier today. His Ignis was hitting my Saryn through crates perfectly fine. Then he tried it with Firestorm, but it seems that the range of Ignis increased by Firestorm can't hit through obstacles.

Coincidentally, I was helping some random test his Ignis in Conclave earlier today. His Ignis was hitting my Saryn through crates perfectly fine. Then he tried it with Firestorm, but it seems that the range of Ignis increased by Firestorm can't hit through obstacles.

intresting

It may be OP but it has one major flaw.

Range.

I just shoot it with a soma, far away and I'm set for the next 10 games.

Other than that, shouldn't weapons like the Soma, Sandal, Brakk, Acrid and other OP weapons should have a higher conclave rating?

Kinda just stupid to put it on the Ignis only.

You're kidding right?... it shoots through f'ing everything, the range doesn't matter when I can shoot through the damn floor or just bum rush you while blinding you and anhilate you all at the same time.

Destroyed Ignis users with Soma and Embolist myself. Also...

250px-FlameRepellentMod.png

It's not much, but it's something.

If anything needs a higher Conclave rating, it's the Soma

You haven't fought someone with a 5x Forma'd Ignis have you?... cause you honestly wont last more then a few seconds no matter where you are.... even Rhinos...

You haven't fought someone with a 5x Forma'd Ignis have you?... cause you honestly wont last more then a few seconds no matter where you are.... even Rhinos...

whoah! relax , this has been settled already. Him and I had a friendly private match. He just has been really lucky and fighting bad ones. 

ANYWAYS

So back to the OP. ( original post ) raising the conclave ok sure I'm 100% with that idea. but today.... I went to Pluto. brought my Ignis. and got nothing but tears about Ignis. ( yes i understand OP blah blah ) but its PLUTO! you have tons of conclave points to use! up to 1500 points!

Am I wrong not to care about the QQ I got while using Ignis in Pluto? or do you guys think only Sedna 1500+ is the right place for weapon like that?

your thoughts. ( this is on topic because your opinion bears on how high should the rating of this weapon be raised )

I already did, and survive for a few seconds without Iron Skin. But that's probably because I've always been running Flame Repellent, Lightning Rod and Steel Fiber. Heavy Caliber is a miracle.

whoah! relax , this has been settled already. Him and I had a friendly private match. He just has been really lucky and fighting bad ones. 

I did duel two Ignis users with really high damage quite like yours before, but unlike you they were both Frosts who hid in Snow Globes to wait for enemies to pass by. Embolist solved the problem nicely, and Soma scored a few kills when they were running to the energy orb.

your thoughts. ( this is on topic because your opinion bears on how high should the rating of this weapon be raised )

Let's compare to some other weapons. These base ratings are taken from wiki and may not be accurate.

Ogris - 100

Acrid - 20

Twin Gremlins - 30

Ignis - 30

Soma - 20

Strun Wraith - 30

Snipetron Vandal - 30

Brakk - 75

Hope this helps.