Jump to content

What if it were possible to call in the arsenal mid-mission?


Recommended Posts

It seemed like a possibility in railjack, you could find an arsenal there before the railjack interior change, though it was unusable. Now it's removed.

I wouldn't mind it on railjack or open-world missions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One Word: Lag.

Especially on lower end computers/Switch...sometimes the Arsenal hangs up on me for a few seconds even when I'm in my orbiter.

I wouldn't want to even fathom how bad it would be in a multiplayer match...assuming it loaded period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I'm not sure I'd like being able to switch arsenal in the middle of a mission. At the moment it's like "Primary you brought not cutting it against an enemy and your secondary and melee were built poorly? Gonna have to find a way to deal with it until you come out the other side of the mission, successful or not". There's a pleasantly-clean fatalistic feeling of "Welp, time to figure out what I need to do to make the best of a bad situation since I came with the wrong tools"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

"Welp, time to figure out what I need to do to make the best of a bad situation since I came with the wrong tools"

My solution to that is to make use of my secret "head-to-wall" combat technique personally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Gear item just like archwing, mech, and so on. Cooldown of like 10 or 20 minutes. Or maybe ability to call for a specific support package, which simply sends a specific loadout - you swap out at extraction. ya know... Something along those lines. Might make some missions more fun while adding a handy utility. 

If we get raids back and we need to swap from Ignis/Ogris over to Bows/Snipers, makes perfect sense.

In general though, having an emergency weapon similar to our Archgun Launcher to provide us with one or more backup/replacement weapons would be a nice luxery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Aldain said:

My solution to that is to make use of my secret "head-to-wall" combat technique personally.

Haha. I'm not sure what this entails, but if I'm too unprepared and I don't have comfortable/fun options to deal with it, I use the "Abort-Mission" technique 😛

edit: 🤔 Although I tend to push a little bit to see whether I can discover new options

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Haha. I'm not sure what this entails

I once in a fit of blind rage spent 5 straight minutes slamming an Exalted Blade into the everything of The Wolf of Saturn Six.

That's specifically what it entails.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I once in a fit of blind rage spent 5 straight minutes slamming an Exalted Blade into the everything of The Wolf of Saturn Six.

That's specifically what it entails.

Oof. I remember The Wolf. I sort of wish I'd gotten more chances to tackle him, but it definitely felt like he was aimed at high-power players who glued in the power mods regardless of what they were doing, because I remember a group of three of us were leveling equipment, and there he was and there he went after we'd almost gotten him (He disappeared or something if players took too long, didn't he? If I recall correctly we didn't kill him, even though we finished the mission...I think)

edit: 🤔 But then again, like I said, I wish I'd gotten more chances to tackle him. Really figure out what his whole deal was from a fighting standpoint

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

He disappeared or something if players took too long, didn't he?

Not that I remember, hence why I had to slam my Exalted Blade into him, it was a Defense mission and it wouldn't let us go until he died.

...Then again those were 5 minutes of unyielding, blinding rage so me not remembering things that well kind of makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Aldain said:

Not that I remember, hence why I had to slam my Exalted Blade into him, it was a Defense mission and it wouldn't let us go until he died.

...Then again those were 5 minutes of unyielding, blinding rage so me not remembering things that well kind of makes sense.

I just asked my partner, and apparently we did kill him. I mis-remembered since we didn't get much of a reward (I don't remember what it was)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I mis-remembered since we didn't get much of a reward (I don't remember what it was)

Looking at his drop table on the wiki...probably something meaningless like a Fever Strike or Molten Impact...because him dropping common silver mods was such a good idea right DE?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Looking at his drop table on the wiki...probably something meaningless like a Fever Strike or Molten Impact...because him dropping common silver mods was such a good idea right DE?

Was decidedly underwhelming :P Ours was a Defense mission as well. God I really wish I remembered the fight better or found it more interesting or something, because I really enjoyed his story. Or just fought him more. More chances to figure out his whole deal, since I only fought him like once.

edit: Although in that particular case, I may have liked the ability to switch arsenals 😋

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Oof. I remember The Wolf. I sort of wish I'd gotten more chances to tackle him, but it definitely felt like he was aimed at high-power players who glued in the power mods regardless of what they were doing, because I remember a group of three of us were leveling equipment, and there he was and there he went after we'd almost gotten him (He disappeared or something if players took too long, didn't he? If I recall correctly we didn't kill him, even though we finished the mission...I think)

edit: 🤔 But then again, like I said, I wish I'd gotten more chances to tackle him. Really figure out what his whole deal was from a fighting standpoint

I remember those days. Careless running missions not using the most op meta at the time because you were pugging with newer players and using a build that was just for fun. Then you'd spent 5-10 minute chipping away at him. All though I do believe he was the first time I actually use ammo restores so there is that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

being able to switch guns on the fly sounds good, but then what's the point of the arsenal in the Orbiter when i could just take random weapons and then switch to what I want mid mission? I also see an opprtunity for trolling: players not opening friendship doors/going to objective/helping out in combat because "2 secs bruh, just making sure my gun is the right colour".

it's not that hard to look at a mission and decide what you might need, though AoE meta weapons will do 99.9% of content regardless at any level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...