Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hi do I get stronger? (I know it is a pretty noob thing to ask)

sauceyboii11

Question

So I have a maxed  chroma prime, Loki(almost) and umbra.

I am already crafting limbo, volt and mirage prime.

I still find the index frustrating to run because I keep dying and I was hoping if there some good mods out there that can help me with the star chart.

My skiajati has viral with the stormbringer and virulent scurge, fury for attack speed, life strike for health and killing blow for the finisher damage.

Exalted blade uses the same mods that I use for my skiajati.

I find endo frustrating to farm even tho I sold most of my ayatans.

So how do I get stronger without spending that much endo.

Still farming corrupted mods and dual stat mods.

Sedona is currently my limit and running with a friend is my go to when doing Sedona missions.

7 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, sauceyboii11 said:

I still find the index frustrating to run because I keep dying and I was hoping if there some good mods out there that can help me with the star chart.

Firstly, you wanna use guns that have high DPS and Toxin for index, as Toxin ignores shields, leaving only their health/armour to deal with (you can find out what certain elements do on the wiki or your arsenal mod configs by hovering over the element), many people run Rubico for instance, one of the highest damage dealing weapons but requires Mastery Rank 12.

To get mastery, you want to acquire as many weapons and warframes as possible and max them out, you can check the market for blueprints you can buy for credits, and you can check your Dojo's labs for several inventory's worth of weapons and frames, as well as archwings and Dragon Keys for deimos vaults (which I'm assuming you're already running)

As for "good mods" it's entirely dependant on the weapons you use, and the warframe you plan on using, as there's a wide selection of mods for every weapon type, you can refer to Overframe, a website that lets people show off their builds to get an understanding of the most common ones you want.

Once you've done that you can then check warframe market (an external website) for acquiring those mods with platinum you can buy or trade other players for with Prime items, etc.

20 minutes ago, sauceyboii11 said:

My skiajati has viral with the stormbringer and virulent scurge, fury for attack speed, life strike for health and killing blow for the finisher damage.

Killing Blow is near useless unless you're using something to open them to finishers or using Area Of Effect weapons to lower mob health enough to finish them. Again, I'd say check Overframe for a decent build.

23 minutes ago, sauceyboii11 said:

Once you've done every node on the star chart, you'll unlock Arbitrations and The Steel Path.

Arbitrations are harder missions that will reward you with plenty of Endo, Ayatans, Mods etc, and Vitus Essence which you can buy Galvanised Mods with from Arbitration Honours from the arbiters in any relay. 

25 minutes ago, sauceyboii11 said:

So how do I get stronger without spending that much endo.

Unfortunately, every mod worth their salt has pretty high endo/credit requirements (save for ones with lower capacity cost), such is the grind of warframe.

22 минуты назад, sauceyboii11 сказал:

well i would recommened RJ. In ~ 30 mins you might get up to 10k endo by selling RJ parts and mods and level your stuff as well in the process.

Let me guess: you are trying to max (or have already maxed one of) your Umbral mods?  I suggest you take a close look at the Endo and Credit cost for each rank and how much you gain from each rank.  If you are still aching for Endo and Credits, then it is probably not worth it to get them up to Rank 10 as the cost is exponential while the benefit is marginal.  Stop at Rank 6~8, and they can also fit on non-Excalibur Umbra frames that do not have 3 Umbra polarizations.  Same with the two Umbra melee mods, even though they are less useful on other melee weapons.

A few tips:

• Endo costs double with each rank and are a bit higher with more rare mods (silver -> gold -> primed). Rank the mods that go up to ten only to 8 unless you can afford it. They're almost as good but cost 1/4th of a R10 mod.

• You don't really need Life Strike. You can offload healing yourself to something else, or if you're playing smart, use Shield Gate/abilities as much as possible before they hit your health. E.g. for Operator, try to get your hands on Magus Elevate or Magus Repair. Then use that slot for more damage.

• Check Overframe.gg or Warframe Builder for better mod configurations. Test a few things in the Simulacrum, too. You say you're using a mod for finisher damage. Those are generally not used in good builds, there are simply better options. But maybe it works well with what mods you have at the moment and what you're doing, so I'm not going to tell you to remove it outright. Testing in Simulacrum: turn AI on and make yourself invulnerable, so you don't get the "unaware" damage bonus.

• When in doubt about damage/status especially against higher levelled enemies: just go Viral + Slash status procs. (Because the devs have trouble balancing their game.) If you can't proc Slash status reliably, other damage types might fare better, check the wiki and learn about damage types/multipliers/procs.

Maybe also post screenshots of your current weapon builds, so people can give you advice on what to keep and what to change.

Archived