Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Golden Instinct is a good ability if you don't have all the scans & stuff done but There one minor but realistic tweak DE needs to make

Put this on nekros & replaced soul punch used this ability & it has massive potential to be an excellent ability but there's a slight problem that should be a simple easy & reasonable fix..

I have Max 500+ range on nekros the problem is The Spark doesn't last long enough to guide you to the correct location.. 

Not only is the spark quick to disappear but by time I trun around its disappeared.. simply put the life of the spark is too short 

A simple fix would be to allow the spark to last until you reach the maximum range you have on build before it disappears + allow the spark to guide you to the exact location of where the thing is.. sometimes it will stop right at the wall in the direction say an anytan is but the aytan isn't there instead it's the next hall over.. 

Right direction but wrong hall this ability has massive potential for farming frames but needs a few minor tweaks to be working as intended...

4 hours ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

Not only is the spark quick to disappear but by time I trun around its disappeared.. simply put the life of the spark is too short 

That is about the only issue I have with it.

Putting more range seems detrimental to find things if the spark's lifetime is the same.

Personally, when I finally decided to collect all the Kuria, I was pleased with this mutation. I put all the mods on the radius and just, at the start of the mission, I used the ability, if the ability is used in the mission there is a necessary location with the Kuria and/or Ayatan sculpture (of which I found a lot while looking for Kuria/Cephalon fragments)
Yes, sometimes the spark from the ability was heading towards the wall, which, as I understand it, tells you that the object is far + high/low, or in some secret place where you need to show skill to get there.
But without this mutation, I would definitely not look for the Kuria and wait for the desired location to spawn.

Ayatan's run definitely became much easier with this mutation and with the already found Cephalon/Kuria

• 1 month later...

I don't understand one thing- what radius mean- range within ability that can detect hidden object or range you can follow "wisp". I constantly clicked on Orb Vallis to find missing fragments, but avail, even I use pretty high range (265%) I haven't found anything in my 90 min search. 
It worked fine for Syndicat medallions but for  any other case- i didnt /couldnt use ability

I still dont think it works,

Im looking up the ones on Venus.  Seems they are in a 1,2,3,4,5 pattern, no matter which you have found, they are delivered in order.  

Found video shows all locations, and Im at each one and this ability ISNT working.  Iv got it ranged very wide and long and I can sit near it and NOT get anything.

What a promise.  Broken again.

Am 27.7.2021 um 16:03 schrieb (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20:

A simple fix would be to allow the spark to last until you reach the maximum range you have on build before it disappears

well the problem i have encounterd so far would be that even it would last that long you cant move through walls your are not supposed to like this time where it lead me into a dead end on jupiter and it was basicly one of the few timese where i missed something and could not find it
Warframe0619.jpg

I find it fun that its supposed to find fragments.. AND IT DONT.

Somachord are considered Fragments

Had to get the last 5 Story line fragments on venus by looking a video.

Got almost all of them except the last 2 groups.  will work on those soon.  EVEN if this thing dont work.

3 hours ago, ECACA said:

I find it fun that its supposed to find fragments.. AND IT DONT.

Somachord are considered Fragments

Had to get the last 5 Story line fragments on venus by looking a video.

Got almost all of them except the last 2 groups.  will work on those soon.  EVEN if this thing dont work.

The fragment locations are random. If it isn't there, of course Golden Spark cannot find it...

Just reload the mission and try again. Also, it's much easier to just use (Primed) Animal Instinct on your companion to see the fragments on your map.

Annoyingly, Golden Instinct clips through walls and ceilings. It's hard to follow over long distances... IMO, you shouldn't mod it for considerable range. Actually, quite the opposite (mod for NEGATIVE range).

Here's why you should mod for lots of negative range...

• The power of "Area is Barren" information is not to be underestimated. And there's NO COOLDOWN to get this information. To know a significant chunk of rooms and hallways are barren means you won't need to search them for medallions.
  • A range covering just the average room size will tell you which entry way you should traverse (many rooms have 3+ entries). Then use Radar to identify suspicious medallion locations... or do your Xaku thing or whatever (it doesn't matter).
  • Since it's hard (and annoying) to follow the spark for long distances, a considerably short (negative) range allows you to use the spark's direction like the Synthesis scanner's direction indicator. It isn't so much where the spark is going (if you can even follow it reliably), but what direction.

By the way, it seems the range for this ability does not mean simple point A to point B distance... but the actual terrain/hallways/etc... that the spark would need to traverse.

Il y a 16 heures, Her_Lovely_Tentacles a dit :

The fragment locations are random. If it isn't there, of course Golden Spark cannot find it...

Just reload the mission and try again. Also, it's much easier to just use (Primed) Animal Instinct on your companion to see the fragments on your map.

Really?  have you looked for them?  IO have a map and found allot of those I already found, AND those I hadnt.

The ones on venus are weird, as in your Collection they ADD, showing how many you have Found, NOT the ones you have found.  So as I was missing #3 in 4 different collections, the Collection I read in the ship said I was missing #5.  Nice to know how htat works.

Next time if you aint collected the items, Dont tell me how they ARNT.

Il y a 12 heures, Vaml77 a dit :

That's the kind of skill that would at best serve as a warframe or sentinel passive...sculptures abound in arbitration missions.

What would be great, is that the scanner we already USE would work for all of these items.  Kuria, which Is a Fragment according to the Wiki, Are found this way.  And they are in some Really strange places.  Also the fragments (letter about Each of the AI on Venus) on Venus, ARNT being seen by Golden Instinct.

What would be cool are missions in more then a few places, that Could lead us into the areas they ARE.  Just wondering around the area's WILL NOT let the short range scanners find them.  AND Im sorry that Venus and all its snow, makes it hard to see the things in the first place.

On 2021-09-20 at 4:03 AM, ECACA said:

Really?  have you looked for them?  IO have a map and found allot of those I already found, AND those I hadnt.

The ones on venus are weird, as in your Collection they ADD, showing how many you have Found, NOT the ones you have found.  So as I was missing #3 in 4 different collections, the Collection I read in the ship said I was missing #5.  Nice to know how htat works.

Next time if you aint collected the items, Dont tell me how they ARNT.

lol

Of course I collected all of them. What are you on about? They have a pre-set collection of locations where they spawn. But where they spawn is random. Play the game a little more, and you'll see.

The void spark could be better about either sticking to the hallways or just going directly towards the item, whereas right now it seems to be 50/50 with which one it does (I'm guessing the latter happens when the former has trouble mapping a path to it), but once you pick up on which is which then you can keep an eye on your map for the tileset/direction to head in. As far as range goes it's deceptively generous. Had it on Gauss with 280% range and it could sense stuff over 1000m away, the length of multiple large tiletsets, 

My main gripe with it as of right now is that you need to keep activating it to check to see whether the area is barren or not, which gets tedious to button mash and slows down playing the game normally. I think it'd work much better if you could activate Golden Instinct and if you're out of range of anything in the level atm, it stays on passively as it's "scanning" the area, and once you do come in range your warframe emits a distinct visual/audio ping and then the regular void spark animation plays out. Would even be able to make builds for it, like modding for very small range so if it does ping you know for sure there's an ayatan or medallion within a few meters.

In my opinion, just the idea that the spark can only be cast when there's *something* nearby and doesn't work at all otherwise is good enough to let you know it's time to take a literal scorched earth approach to the mission and just nuke all the crates 'till you find the shiny. It's faster to do as well as opposed to relying on the sometimes buggy pathfinding.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb Rage_Inducer:

In my opinion, just the idea that the spark can only be cast when there's *something* nearby and doesnt' work at all otherwise is good enough to let you know it's time to take a literal scorched earth approach to the mission and just nuke all the crates 'till you find the shiny. It's faster to do as well as opposed to relying on the sometimes buggy pathfinding.

or you can just go every missions like scorced earth anyways

Il y a 13 heures, Her_Lovely_Tentacles a dit :

lol

Of course I collected all of them. What are you on about? They have a pre-set collection of locations where they spawn. But where they spawn is random. Play the game a little more, and you'll see.

That aint what you said..If you read my reply.

"The fragment locations are random."

NOPE, only certain groups are random, mostly Somachords.

5 hours ago, ECACA said:

That aint what you said..If you read my reply.

"The fragment locations are random."

NOPE, only certain groups are random, mostly Somachords.

Wait, are you talking about Orb Vallis? Why didn't you just say so. Those indeed cannot be found by the spark, and those aren't random at all.

But you said Venus, which implies Cephalon Fragments, which are indeed random.

Il y a 21 heures, Her_Lovely_Tentacles a dit :

Wait, are you talking about Orb Vallis? Why didn't you just say so. Those indeed cannot be found by the spark, and those aren't random at all.

But you said Venus, which implies Cephalon Fragments, which are indeed random.

Lets see..

Orb vallis, is ??? ON VENUS..  Can there be something there thats a Fragment ?  YES Somachords..Those are Abit random, but there is a pattern.  What else is there? WOW, all these FORTUNA fragments.. Which are NOT RANDOM and None of the Soma or Fortuna fragments Can found with GI.

And your first reply to me. I SAID VENUS.

I think you have a thinking problem.

talking about Orb Vallis? Why didn't you just say so AND But you said Venus, which implies Cephalon Fragments.

Ceph fragments are all over the system.  AND YES Orb vallis, Fortuna, VENUS..

3 hours ago, ECACA said:

Lets see..

Orb vallis, is ??? ON VENUS..  Can there be something there thats a Fragment ?  YES Somachords..Those are Abit random, but there is a pattern.  What else is there? WOW, all these FORTUNA fragments.. Which are NOT RANDOM and None of the Soma or Fortuna fragments Can found with GI.

And your first reply to me. I SAID VENUS.

I think you have a thinking problem.

talking about Orb Vallis? Why didn't you just say so AND But you said Venus, which implies Cephalon Fragments.

Ceph fragments are all over the system.  AND YES Orb vallis, Fortuna, VENUS..

lol

you are a very funny person

I kept thinking you were trying to troll, but you only trolled yourself

Archived