Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

just discoverer Oberon

_Anise_

Question

literally discoverer I happen to have all his prime parts sitting in my foundry so I started building him.

now I am curious about how he works ...

his smite seems to be a more active version of wisps breach, seem just like its spamable ? no synergies with anything ?

hallowed ground seem like just another damage ability to cast that causes damage, also it dosn't state on the tooltip but it seems to remove enemy ground aoe clutter.

Renewal, ok this is his main thing I feel, he is a support / heal frame but seems to have a lot of costs associated with this though seems weaker than the heal over time wisp has. also it seems to give some bonus armor but I only ever saw it go onto one other player and seem like recasting this ability removed the armor ??

reckoning seems kind of like mags crush except without giving overshield and also not actually hitting half the stuff even when standing directly next to it, but it drops health orbs and armor strips ?

my questions...

1)what are his best / worst abilities (thinking about what if anything I should use helminth to replace and what I should be casting most)

2)what are his most favorable stats, my impressions are range and duration ?

finally how well does he perform in higher level content ?

Thanks !

3 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

1)what are his best / worst abilities (thinking about what if anything I should use helminth to replace and what I should be casting most)

His 1 is ok, some people use augment and build his 1 for weapon buff.

His 2 and 3 works well together, giving you armor, status immue, healing. Also damage enemies and applied confusion on them.

His 4 is kinda lacking. 

2)what are his most favorable stats, my impressions are range and duration ?

STR for sure.

The stronger your STR, the stronger your abilities effect. You do need a bit of range/efficiency/duration of course, but stack STR after that.

finally how well does he perform in higher level content ?

Any frame can perform in any content. Game is powercreep even SP mobs get melt like butter.

7 минут назад, _Anise_ сказал:

his smite seems to be a more active version of wisps breach, seem just like its spamable ? no synergies with anything ?

Not really breach. Rad procs and no status spread. As of synergies... Well, you could run Smite Infusion augment to give yourself and allies +rad damage, esp good for eidolon hunts. 

10 минут назад, _Anise_ сказал:

hallowed ground seem like just another damage ability to cast that causes damage, also it dosn't state on the tooltip but it seems to remove enemy ground aoe clutter.

If you stand in it, you are immune to status. You may be pushed out but no slash/toxin/magnetic/knock downs/etc

12 минут назад, _Anise_ сказал:

Renewal, ok this is his main thing I feel, he is a support / heal frame but seems to have a lot of costs associated with this though seems weaker than the heal over time wisp has. also it seems to give some bonus armor but I only ever saw it go onto one other player and seem like recasting this ability removed the armor ??

Considering how old Oberon is, no surprise he is toned down. Also with some stats tinkering you can make it cost virtually nothing to upkeep in a regular mission. I think (I may not remember this correctly, so take this with a pinch of salt) it costs me less than 1 energy/second per target in my build + augment allowing target affected by it not die every 90 seconds.

To get armor buff the target affected by renewal needs to stand in your hallowed ground for a bit. When you disable the ability the buff is kept for a duration, if recasted, they need to enter your grass patch once again to stop the timer.

17 минут назад, _Anise_ сказал:

reckoning seems kind of like mags crush except without giving overshield and also not actually hitting half the stuff even when standing directly next to it, but it drops health orbs and armor strips ?

Pretty much. To have additional 50% (rank 3 at 100% strength) chance drop the health orb, enemy needs to die from your 4. For armor strip enemy needs to survive your 4 while standing in hallowed ground.

Also rad procs and cc included.

To answer your questions:

1) Strength all the way. For renewal some duration and efficiency to lower drain. Hallowed ground would also want a bit of range

2) If you want to not pay attention to anything, then I recon only Inaros is good for high level. Really depends on your playstyle. People do SP with unmodded warframes, so you probably should try him out and see for yourself.

Oberon was my main warframe for about 5 years, lol. While he’s pretty much outdated, it’s still cool to go max_strength-umbra-adaptation-rage build and face-tank SP survival missions. Unfortunately for the same purpose Hildryn really better because she won’t die of sudden ability turn off by Acolyte. He still has good abilities (1 one is great when reloading, 2 is radiation and 4 due to long animation is good knockback resist untill you get primed sure footed, and mass radiation overall is one the good surviving tools) so you can have some fun with him.

Archived