Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

no more companion interaction?

Knightmare0

i don't have any loyalty or genetic stabilizer options anymore, i on;y have four, "regress genetic aging" {unavailable for helminth chargers), "learn about helminth chargers", "consing companion" "rename companion. i've been away for some months now, is there some change i may not know about?

From update 30.5 patch notes:

Stability & Loyalty Removal
We have removed the DNA Integrity and Loyalty groups from the Companion Management Screen, and removed DNA Stabilizers from the Market. Previously only the Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment could eliminate DNA degradation. No more Stability or Loyalty degrading!

24 minutes ago, Myscho said:

From update 30.5 patch notes:

Stability & Loyalty Removal
We have removed the DNA Integrity and Loyalty groups from the Companion Management Screen, and removed DNA Stabilizers from the Market. Previously only the Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment could eliminate DNA degradation. No more Stability or Loyalty degrading!

i kinda thought that those made kinda of a reward for playing and interacting with your companion, but i guess the removal of loyalty and DNA integrity is alright, keeps the health and damage from degrading for those who aren't able to play everyday

Just now, Leyvonne said:

Is there a specific keybind for it? When I walk up to my pet I don't see any option to interact with it at all.

It doesn't give a prompt. Just your usual interact button while standing close and looking at them.

Why haven't you been trying to randomly pet them all this time you monster?

But yeah, always been there. Happy petting.

Yeah, you can still pet them if they walk around the ship, but if they're sitting on the petpad you're kind of pat-blocked until they step off of it.

DE needs to change the pet console so that the pet isn't just immediately summoned to it when you interact with it.

1 hour ago, ENIAK_Prime said:

Yeah, you can still pet them if they walk around the ship, but if they're sitting on the petpad you're kind of pat-blocked until they step off of it.

DE needs to change the pet console so that the pet isn't just immediately summoned to it when you interact with it.

I find I tend to have success with petting them if I approach the petpad from a little on the right if they're standing on it, outside of when the option to interact with the petpad appears. I have to hit "Use" a few times since it's non-obvious when I'm in range

11 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Why haven't you been trying to randomly pet them all this time you monster?

I have tried, but there was no indication I could when I walked up to it and nothing happened when I was pressing buttons.

11 hours ago, Cerasium said:

Walk up to them and press "x".

Wonder if this a controller / bind issue because I have changed my binds for both keyboard and controller and pressing the usual interact button did nothing when I last tried. I've had to copy the default keybind file several times from another PC because mine keeps getting broken (binds won't save or stop working) I guess I'll have to try again tonight.

15 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

Wonder if this a controller / bind issue because I have changed my binds for both keyboard and controller and pressing the usual interact button did nothing when I last tried. I've had to copy the default keybind file several times from another PC because mine keeps getting broken (binds won't save or stop working) I guess I'll have to try again tonight.

Maybe you weren't quite aimed at them just right. Look at their head. I have my interact changed to F for buttons and whatnot and it works just fine for petting as well.

Archived