Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reunite Sister and Hound after converting

SpiritTeA

So basically that’s it, why converted Sister abandons her Hound? 

It’s not something game breaking, but it ruins my immersion and roleplaying, especially considering how much immersion was added with that “Formal notice of partnership” .

So even if Sister will have less stats compared to Lich in exchange for hound that would be fair.

And anyway it would be nice to see Hound following Sister on Railjack, and hound with its mobility will be very good defender (not that ramslads are problem, but still).

What do you think about it?

1 минуту назад, (PSN)Unstar сказал:

Hounds are company property, access is revoked upon resignation.

Plus, at least several of the Sisters I've killed have voluntarily detonated their hounds, which makes them unfit pet owners in my view.

I was thinking about this aswell.

Of course Tenno doesn’t care they just steal hound from corpse for own using, bureaucracy isn’t our strong part. Speaking of “company property” . We actually gather remainings of hound and reassemble it for our new “partner”. If you want to look at it from this perspective. But even if you not agree, we have so many hounds from those Sisters grinding so we could just donate our own hound to sister, instead of 3000 solaris standing. Sounds more than legit as for me.

1 hour ago, SpiritTeA said:

What do you think about it?

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Plus, at least several of the Sisters I've killed have voluntarily detonated their hounds, which makes them unfit pet owners in my view.

the dialogue of the sisters sometimes has them berating their hound, and also sometimes they'll say how much they loved their hound and didn't want to blow them up, but for the most part it seems they still consider Hounds to just be combat proxies, rather than true companions. then again, I suppose you can just rebuild them or make a new one when they get destroyed, so is it really a big deal if they do get destroyed? probably not.

My issue is why the hell would I convert a sister? I could use them for a defender on my railjack, but my elite engineer with my god tier tenet envoy works better. I can’t call them in as on call crewmembers, which annoys me. If they pop into a mission, they barely do stuff (which is understandable cause AI in this game ain’t the strong suite of DE). Long story short, even if your farming sister ephmeras, just vanquish the sister. You get a hound part, hound mods, and credits for selling the hound (or ranking with SU) and a tenet weapon you can fuse or sell. 

6 minutes ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

My issue is why the hell would I convert a sister? I could use them for a defender on my railjack, but my elite engineer with my god tier tenet envoy works better. I can’t call them in as on call crewmembers, which annoys me. If they pop into a mission, they barely do stuff (which is understandable cause AI in this game ain’t the strong suite of DE). Long story short, even if your farming sister ephmeras, just vanquish the sister. You get a hound part, hound mods, and credits for selling the hound (or ranking with SU) and a tenet weapon you can fuse or sell. 

i convert them if its a weapon i do not need, currently, i am trying to get ephemeras, and since i cannot preview it when making a sister, and the weapon they will have is not something i want depending on element bonus (cause ephmera hunting might not be the bonus i want for any spesific weapon) since you will get the ephemera if you convert them, you could later trade them with someone that want the ephemera or the weapon.

22 hours ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

Well you can sell them

52 minutes ago, V2lkyr said:

Well you can sell them

Gonna be frank, have you tried selling a non-ephmera sister? It’s extremely hard to do, which is why many rather keep them. Plus if you consider the average player who most likely doesn’t trade a lot if at all, they won’t do that. My point still stands: why bother converting them if the other option is much more beneficial even if you don’t want the weapon

On 2021-07-28 at 7:48 AM, (PSN)Unstar said:

But we already get the hounds. If the hounds become our property and the sisters become tied to a contract then we should have every right to let them use the hound we stole from them.

On 2021-07-28 at 5:06 AM, Captain_Rocket505 said:

Correction. You can put Liches or Sisters on call since Gara Prime, but they are still inferior compared to regular syndicate crew.

11 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Correction. You can put Liches or Sisters on call since Gara Prime, but they are still inferior compared to regular syndicate crew.

You can, but unless I’m doing it wrong I can’t call them in. I have them basically on call from the menu even though they aren’t on my railjack, and they can’t be summoned like normal crew members 

On 2021-07-27 at 5:06 PM, Captain_Rocket505 said:

DE could have squeezed more player engagement out of the sisters if they had made hounds only given upon conversion, honestly.  As it stands, I'm with you.  I basically always vanquish, unless I plan to sell the sister (59% weapon, ephemera, whatever).

17 hours ago, NecroPed said:

But we already get the hounds. If the hounds become our property and the sisters become tied to a contract then we should have every right to let them use the hound we stole from them.

Should we?  Because each Sister tried in futility to fight an entity that for all intents and purposes is a literal god, and as a part of that fight they let this god stab their poor puppy in the face dozens of times before ultimately losing.  My take is that they are not responsible pet owners and that these good puppers deserve better.

7 минут назад, (PSN)Unstar сказал:

Should we?  Because each Sister tried in futility to fight an entity that for all intents and purposes is a literal god, and as a part of that fight they let this god stab their poor puppy in the face dozens of times before ultimately losing.  My take is that they are not responsible pet owners and that these good puppers deserve better.

Remember how you were ranking up your Kubrows... Or forgetting about DNA stabilizers? Or starving  kubrows to death each time you got dog without lotus? Aren’t we also   “responsible” pet owners, lol?

1 hour ago, SpiritTeA said:

Remember how you were ranking up your Kubrows... Or forgetting about DNA stabilizers? Or starving  kubrows to death each time you got dog without lotus? Aren’t we also   “responsible” pet owners, lol?

I can only speak for myself, but I specifically avoided the pet aspect of the game until DNA stabilizers and pet death were no longer a thing, specifically because I knew I wasn't going to be able to be responsible enough to keep them well.  And I never ask my pets to fight unless I'm right there beside them, and when they do get knocked down I pick them back up again.  So I personally am a much better pet owner than the Sisters.  I love my pets <3

I can't speak to others though.  Maybe DE should take away your pets if you're bad to them? ;)

(i'm just kidding, it's a game)

Archived