Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let the speculation begin?

MqToasty

https://www.polygon.com/22596238/warframe-new-war-railjack-steel-path-interview-tennocon-2021

Polygon: Will the New War transform any existing in-game content that may be outdated or difficult for players to navigate, like the Plains of Eidolon bosses?

Rebecca Ford: The New War does not aim to address the difficulty of existing content. There are some content types that could use a logical refresh (Invasions?) but there’s nothing to confirm there right now. It will be changing one system for sure, but to be honest the spoilers [for the quest’s story] are severe and I can say no more.

So which system is it?  Eidolons?  Will we see a Voltron moment with Terry, Garry and Harry combining to reform as its former self, and will this be the new Grand Boss of the Plains?  More importantly, what is its name, and can it still have a real -arry nickname?

The only things I can think of are Transference, Morality, and that "Rage" thing they have been messing with ever since they dropped Channeling. She already mentioned that Invasions are getting tweaked, so they probably aren't the big overhaul.

Transfer is obvious, since we need to lay the ground work for how adult Z-survivors will work in Duvuri. The Yin/Yang morality system is a possible candidate, but that assumes DE hasn't just completely abandoned it. And as I mentioned, it's at least possible they might be adding Melee Rage Mode as an actual story thing rather than a "alright here is a gameplay update, just pretend it always worked like this" deal

1 minute ago, MqToasty said:

So which system is it?  Eidolons?  Will we see a Voltron moment with Terry, Garry and Harry combining to reform as its former self, and will this be the new Grand Boss of the Plains?  More importantly, what is its name, and can it still have a real -arry nickname?

it'll be called Carry, because new war holds all our expectations lol.

I don't know about the Eidolons pulling a Voltron, that would make Gara's story a bit of a joke since she blew herself up to stop "Voltronalyst" from destroying Cetus, but I do think they will play a part in the New War somewhere. I'd like the interviewer's suggestion of an invasion rework to be a thing, lord knows the system is outdated and doesn't really feel like a proper war.

if I had to guess though, I'd say the best way to go about it would be to create a third Starchart difficulty; this version of the system would be unlocked after completing the New War's quest, and would feature Sentients on every node, as well as invasion missions to aid Corpus and Grineer in Fighting Sentients. they could also add a second version of Railjack's starmap, with Murexes and Sentients making an appearance on all nodes and Sentient versions of Volatile and Skirmish. 

by having it as a toggleable starmap, you wouldn't have to fight Sentients all the time, only when you want to; but maybe to ensure people don't feel like they travelled back in time, sentient wreckage would now be visible on most regular starchart and Steel Path tilesets, so it still acknowledges that the New War has taken place and the Sentients are still around. 

It will probably be instanced. The New War worldstate will be isolated into it's own star chart. Once the new player have meet the requirements they can join the war torn origin system by switching into a different star chart. Players can toggle through normal and New War star chart as they pleased. Locking out certain old content while there is an event is not good game design imo. It limits player gameplay choice.

The New War will probably include those 3 Big Eidolons having a role in the war.

I am surprised DE are interested on making Steel Path Railjack missions. Given the bloated stats of RJ enemies it will probably be a tedious experience. Can you imagine a level 210 Gokstad officer with x2.5 stat multiplier? 

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

I am surprised DE are interested on making Steel Path Railjack missions. Given the bloated stats of RJ enemies it will probably be a tedious experience. Can you imagine a level 210 Gokstad officer with x2.5 stat multiplier? 

I just threw up in my mouth...

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

The Yin/Yang morality system is a possible candidate, but that assumes DE hasn't just completely abandoned it.

My guess is that it the morality system isn't what she's referring to, simply because at present the morality system is at most incomplete and has no effect on the game.  While changing the state of something in any way is technically a change, the context of Rebb's statement makes me think there's a system that currently works one way that will later work a different way.

As for what it would be...well, speculation is definitely the right word for it!  I would guess it's not Duviri-related because it seems too soon for that, but the teaser trailer did seem to be making nods towards the older Duviri Tenno, so maybe?  Maybe Eidolons get changed or moved to a different area because of the war?  I'm honestly at a loss.  Eager to see more speculation, though!

5 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

If they had a pure railjack survival with no on foot stage I'd love that in steel path to be honest. The on foot stages might be a bit much though. 

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Likely still weaker than the original Railjack enemies to be honest. Railjack Steel Path just sounds like a joke. People have been asking for this toggle on all the practical missions like Fissures, Sorties, etc.

So considering the trailer, the demo,the new war cinematics, duviri, what transference is, Wallie and the morality system. I have one big pretty radical speculation.

We know the sentients want to kill or enslave everyone.  That lotus has the ability to control us somehow.  And era in the demo seemed to be mind controller others with the red eyes "don't be afraid"thing.

The corpus have been infiltrated skynet style.  And the grinneer are outgunned.

We also know cetus is the main goal. Specifically the last orokin tower with kuva that can heal the sentients.

The new war starts and everything is being hit. Teshin does what he can but he's alone.  The grinneer are being pushed back. Cetus is under heavy siege. The corpus are in chaos as the amalgums turn on them.

We land on cetus as the last bastion assigned to reach the towers kuva vault no matter the cost. If it falls the sentients heal replicate and kill us all.

We fight through waves with corpus, grinneer, and teshin as they one by one fall or push us forward well they hold the line.  We eventually meet lotus at the top. After teshin is the last to close a door as he stands against impossible odds.

We get ready to fight lotus but she triggers her mind control. As we are ripped from our frames. We struggle as she uses us to break open the vault.

The sentients nab the kuva we have failed. Cetus and our allies get overrun and killed or worse as lotus realeses us as we watch in horror.

We are forced to run. The orbiter gets crushed ordis dies as we fall back to the railjack as the sentients Persue us as our ship is getting wrecked and the system is being crushed. A void storm nails our ship bring us into the duviri paradox.

We awaken as our paradox adult selves with a system more similar to the teshin gameplay. Que void space horse and whatever rules duviri. After a quest chain with a more lore dump we get to DBZ fuse our normal selves and paradox selves into a new being. New skills,  weapons, a actual character creator, etc.

In comes tutorial chain and a hallow self mini boss based on our moral choices.

We beat it and with our new reality breaking powers we go back in time to stop the fall of the kuva vault.

We warp in stop the sentients after our past selfs ran.  Reseal the vault. Lotuses mind control no longer works. Enter boss fight as our ssj selves.

At half hp lotus goes immune and acts as support as we get our frames ack and fight era.  We beat era back to lotus. At 25% ballas enters the fight. We beat him and finish off lotus. She's knocked out or laying crippled on the ground.

Enter whatever ballas really is (wallies true form). Lore dump.  We fight the void god and our unlikely allies break through seeing we won we decide let's all lick our wounds and fight another day.

We get to choose how handle lotus. Fin.

We now have better operates in every way. And a new world to explore.

These are my guesses.

Transference or Operators makes the most sense since it's supposed to be story related. I doubt it'd be Eidolons as it seems odd to refer to them as a "system" plus the War is covering far more than Cetus so I can't see the Eidolons being a major component of the story.

Plus evolving something to do with Operators could double as the jumping off point into Duviri later both story wise and mechanically.

8 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it'll be called Carry, because new war holds all our expectations lol.

I don't know about the Eidolons pulling a Voltron, that would make Gara's story a bit of a joke since she blew herself up to stop "Voltronalyst" from destroying Cetus, but I do think they will play a part in the New War somewhere. I'd like the interviewer's suggestion of an invasion rework to be a thing, lord knows the system is outdated and doesn't really feel like a proper war.

Carrie approves.

giphy.gif

Yeah, I agree a reformed Eidolon would suck for Gara.  "Thanks for blowing yourself up, Gara!  You bought us a few millennia of peace, but guess who's baaack?"  Though now that I type that out, I guess it isn't that bad?  It has been a while since the Old War, and Gara's sacrifice did buy the Ostrons many, many generations...

6 hours ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

-- snip --

So are you predicting the Duviri Paradox to come with the New War update?  I would be very pleasantly surprised if they released so much content all at once!  I kind of expect the New War to resolve the Lotus situation and the Duviri Paradox as the next step to confront the Man in the Wall, but it would be very cool if your guesses are right!

My assumption is that we need a way to break lotuses mind control. The duviri paradox and adult tenno fits the narrative.  Even if my guesses are kinda right. They could do a isolated bunch of duviri quest missions to sample duviri and fit the story.

The full open world could come later.

23 hours ago, MqToasty said:

So which system is it?

Focus.

We're going to get some more Focus nodes. And if they're smart about it, they'll also fix a few lingering problems with the Schools (like how upgrading a Node doesn't actually upgrade it, the ability does more, but it costs more too, making a few of the nodes a down-grade instead of an upgrade).

If DE want to be extra-daring, we'll get a set of new melee based Amps, that change our Void Blast the same way the regular Amps change our Void Beam. So you get a Void Blast that becomes a stab, or a slash, or a slam, maybe even a spear-thrust, based on the Prism you put into it, change the damage balance, status and crit with the Brace, and then we can have a 'heavy attack' variant with the Scaffold to allow us two different methods of applying damage, just like the Amps do.

But...

I'm almost never proven right by these things, let's see how it goes ^^

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Focus.

We're going to get some more Focus nodes. And if they're smart about it, they'll also fix a few lingering problems with the Schools (like how upgrading a Node doesn't actually upgrade it, the ability does more, but it costs more too, making a few of the nodes a down-grade instead of an upgrade).

If DE want to be extra-daring, we'll get a set of new melee based Amps, that change our Void Blast the same way the regular Amps change our Void Beam. So you get a Void Blast that becomes a stab, or a slash, or a slam, maybe even a spear-thrust, based on the Prism you put into it, change the damage balance, status and crit with the Brace, and then we can have a 'heavy attack' variant with the Scaffold to allow us two different methods of applying damage, just like the Amps do.

But...

I'm almost never proven right by these things, let's see how it goes ^^

The duviri trailer seems to imply no powers and us using conventional weapons.  Perhaps after we DBZ fuse into our new more powerful selves our amps will become more akin to guns.

How neat would it be to have void energy melee weapons.  Have the tenno operate like the teshin trailer.

But we just have to wait and see.

On 2021-07-27 at 11:42 PM, MqToasty said:

Will the New War transform any existing in-game content that may be outdated or difficult for players to navigate, like the Plains of Eidolon bosses?

New War does not aim to address the difficulty of existing content

So which system is it?  Eidolons?

sounds like a "no" from what I am reading

10 hours ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

The duviri trailer seems to imply no powers and us using conventional weapons.

Yes, but that could be completely limited to the Duviri quest line.

The topic of the thread is what specific system Rebecca is referring to when she says a specific system will be changed by the New War.

Maybe, and here's more speculation, because the New War is rumoured to lead into the Duviri Quest line, it will give Duviri a lot more impact to remove our powers, because we'll have recently had a large expansion to them.

So, if there's anything that these mainline quests have been doing over time, it's been improving our Operators as player characters, either by giving us new abilities, or by expanding our actual story and plot-based powers (the deep dive into Umbra, for example).

On 2021-07-28 at 12:42 AM, MqToasty said:

I think it will be operator related. T, G and H reforming would not be enough to bring back the actual sentient, since their combined size wouldnt be more than the left nut of the actual sentinel they belong to. But I guess a new sentient Scrotumalyst could be a fun view, I wouldnt want to know what it is shooting at me though.

So probably focus and morale related, maybe more operator combat customization aswell since the whole Kahl, Vapo and Teshin gameplay seems to introduce us to another combat system without frames.

Archived