Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let the speculation begin?

MqToasty

On 2021-07-28 at 3:43 AM, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

So considering the trailer, the demo,the new war cinematics, duviri, what transference is, Wallie and the morality system. I have one big pretty radical speculation.

We know the sentients want to kill or enslave everyone.  That lotus has the ability to control us somehow.  And era in the demo seemed to be mind controller others with the red eyes "don't be afraid"thing.

The corpus have been infiltrated skynet style.  And the grinneer are outgunned.

We also know cetus is the main goal. Specifically the last orokin tower with kuva that can heal the sentients.

The new war starts and everything is being hit. Teshin does what he can but he's alone.  The grinneer are being pushed back. Cetus is under heavy siege. The corpus are in chaos as the amalgums turn on them.

We land on cetus as the last bastion assigned to reach the towers kuva vault no matter the cost. If it falls the sentients heal replicate and kill us all.

We fight through waves with corpus, grinneer, and teshin as they one by one fall or push us forward well they hold the line.  We eventually meet lotus at the top. After teshin is the last to close a door as he stands against impossible odds.

We get ready to fight lotus but she triggers her mind control. As we are ripped from our frames. We struggle as she uses us to break open the vault.

The sentients nab the kuva we have failed. Cetus and our allies get overrun and killed or worse as lotus realeses us as we watch in horror.

We are forced to run. The orbiter gets crushed ordis dies as we fall back to the railjack as the sentients Persue us as our ship is getting wrecked and the system is being crushed. A void storm nails our ship bring us into the duviri paradox.

We awaken as our paradox adult selves with a system more similar to the teshin gameplay. Que void space horse and whatever rules duviri. After a quest chain with a more lore dump we get to DBZ fuse our normal selves and paradox selves into a new being. New skills,  weapons, a actual character creator, etc.

In comes tutorial chain and a hallow self mini boss based on our moral choices.

We beat it and with our new reality breaking powers we go back in time to stop the fall of the kuva vault.

We warp in stop the sentients after our past selfs ran.  Reseal the vault. Lotuses mind control no longer works. Enter boss fight as our ssj selves.

At half hp lotus goes immune and acts as support as we get our frames ack and fight era.  We beat era back to lotus. At 25% ballas enters the fight. We beat him and finish off lotus. She's knocked out or laying crippled on the ground.

Enter whatever ballas really is (wallies true form). Lore dump.  We fight the void god and our unlikely allies break through seeing we won we decide let's all lick our wounds and fight another day.

We get to choose how handle lotus. Fin.

We now have better operates in every way. And a new world to explore.

These are my guesses.

Cool story, but it'll never happen. First of all - Reb already stated in another interview that we should not expect anything regarding Durivi Paradox anytime soon, so the involvement of Durivi in the events of the New War, is doubtful. Second, the entire thing starts with the excal-masked kid watching the sentients steamroll the Unum (the orokin tower) - it's wrecked on their arrival. Third: if the sentients need kuva to regain their replication ability than why is it preferrable to attack Cetus, rather than quietly collect kuva in a similar fashion to the Grineer? They can collect as much as they need, fix themselves, and just wipe the origin system, taking the Tenno by surprise with overwhelming numbers - war over before the Tenno know what hit them.

Lastly... How the hell did people miss the very, very, VERY familiar echo in Erra's voice? With the flashing orange eyes, the echo and the sudden mind-control ability, it is clear as day that Wally is either possessing or working with Erra.

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think it will be operator related. T, G and H reforming would not be enough to bring back the actual sentient, since their combined size wouldnt be more than the left nut of the actual sentinel they belong to. But I guess a new sentient Scrotumalyst could be a fun view, I wouldnt want to know what it is shooting at me though.

So probably focus and morale related, maybe more operator combat customization aswell since the whole Kahl, Vapo and Teshin gameplay seems to introduce us to another combat system without frames.

So...  Scarry?  Or just Scary?  I actually secretly hope for a Shadow of Colossus style, "run up their arm and stab them in the eye" type fight against a humongous combined Eidolon, but do not think the current game engine can handle something like that.  Well, one can dream.

True, the Kahl, Vapo and Teshin gameplay could prep us for when we will eventually lose all powers in the Duviri Paradox.  Only hope our operators will at least be able to use some of our accumulated arsenal of weapons, though.  Would suck to have to go back to another "unmodded MK1-Braton" again...

4 hours ago, AkHannar said:

Cool story, but it'll never happen. First of all - Reb already stated in another interview that we should not expect anything regarding Durivi Paradox anytime soon, so the involvement of Durivi in the events of the New War, is doubtful. Second, the entire thing starts with the excal-masked kid watching the sentients steamroll the Unum (the orokin tower) - it's wrecked on their arrival. Third: if the sentients need kuva to regain their replication ability than why is it preferrable to attack Cetus, rather than quietly collect kuva in a similar fashion to the Grineer? They can collect as much as they need, fix themselves, and just wipe the origin system, taking the Tenno by surprise with overwhelming numbers - war over before the Tenno know what hit them.

Lastly... How the hell did people miss the very, very, VERY familiar echo in Erra's voice? With the flashing orange eyes, the echo and the sudden mind-control ability, it is clear as day that Wally is either possessing or working with Erra.

The duviri paradox is a great way for them to overhaul operaters and give us a counter to the weird mind control lotus seems to have.  It doesn't have to be the whole thing involved. A linear quest driven instance of teasing duviri could be used. Similar to the war within 

Yes I know the sentients are after the kuva to heal. Cetus is their focus. But it makes sense to create chaos and disarray by hitting everything .

For all we know the kuva vault can only be opened by us. So even with the tower wrecked at the start. The vault may be sealed in tact.  They could be drawing us into a trap.

10 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yes, but that could be completely limited to the Duviri quest line.

The topic of the thread is what specific system Rebecca is referring to when she says a specific system will be changed by the New War.

Maybe, and here's more speculation, because the New War is rumoured to lead into the Duviri Quest line, it will give Duviri a lot more impact to remove our powers, because we'll have recently had a large expansion to them.

So, if there's anything that these mainline quests have been doing over time, it's been improving our Operators as player characters, either by giving us new abilities, or by expanding our actual story and plot-based powers (the deep dive into Umbra, for example).

I don't think the duviri paradox will keep us stuck as depowered using conventional stuff forever. I think it will be used as a way to power up the tenno. By fusing the two paradoxical selves we'd be new beings with new powers and weapon. 

If you haven't read my full speculation above.

19 hours ago, AkHannar said:

Erra's voice always had an echo. Thats why no one is finding it strange.

17 hours ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

I don't think the duviri paradox will keep us stuck as depowered using conventional stuff forever.

Never suggested that.

I suggested that it's sequential? You know, New War first, Duviri after? And I even said that the de-powering would be limited specifically to the Duviri quest, meaning something that gets solved by said quest?

Again, I'm just being specific.

Rebecca was asked what things the New War would change, and she responded by saying that one specific system would get changed, and then didn't say what that one was.

So this is speculation as to the answer of that. Not Duviri, not further on. Just what's getting changed by the New War.

13 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Focus school revamp. The regrindening.

I can see it now.

"I GRINDED ALL THAT FOCUS AND DE MADE IT SO EASY NOW, MY TIME IS DISRESPECTED I'M QUITTING WARFRAME" threads everywhere...

On 2021-07-29 at 11:47 AM, AkHannar said:

Cool story, but it'll never happen. First of all - Reb already stated in another interview that we should not expect anything regarding Durivi Paradox anytime soon, so the involvement of Durivi in the events of the New War, is doubtful.

Just want to point out that devs tend to mislead all the time about what will and will not be released “soon”, so I wouldn’t take that statement as fact. And regardless, she said “we should not expect”, not “this will not happen”.

So I’d say it’s pretty safe to assume that this will be some sort of stepping stone to Duviri. It’s the next logical step, after all.

Anyway, I think the new thing will be some sort of revamp to the invasion system. Maybe in invasions, we play as one of the factions soldiers while our Operator/Tenno are off doing mission stuff. I think that’s be an interesting new addition, although it could really be anything. 

Wasn’t Wally talking to Teshin at one point in the trailer? That could be a link to DP.

I doubt the new mechanics for New War are going to be standalone things for that quest only. Like Teshin has a brand new dual nikana style; no way those animations don’t get reused. Either this becomes a regular melee class for warframes, or, my hope, this gets used in a new operator mode.

9 hours ago, Sanktai said:

Just want to point out that devs tend to mislead all the time about what will and will not be released “soon”, so I wouldn’t take that statement as fact. And regardless, she said “we should not expect”, not “this will not happen”.

So I’d say it’s pretty safe to assume that this will be some sort of stepping stone to Duviri. It’s the next logical step, after all.

Anyway, I think the new thing will be some sort of revamp to the invasion system. Maybe in invasions, we play as one of the factions soldiers while our Operator/Tenno are off doing mission stuff. I think that’s be an interesting new addition, although it could really be anything. 

Descripción no disponible.

2 minutes ago, Dirichlet2904 said:

Wasn’t Wally talking to Teshin at one point in the trailer? That could be a link to DP.

I doubt the new mechanics for New War are going to be standalone things for that quest only. Like Teshin has a brand new dual nikana style; no way those animations don’t get reused. Either this becomes a regular melee class for warframes, or, my hope, this gets used in a new operator mode.

No, Teshin was talking to Ordis (and to himself) the whole time.

Dual nikanas on Teshin are there since the introduction of the character tho, also Double sword/daggers mechanics exist in game before the trailer (Dual skanna, Dark split sword, Nami skyla, Fang prime...)

It was the bit where he approaches some device in the Murex and a voice says one of Teshin’s lines from TWW. It’s Teshin’s voice, but distorted like Wally’s normally is, and it’s doesn’t sound like Teshin himself said it, or it’s in his head.

Edit: the line is: You shouldn’t have come here. You’ve ruined us both.

13 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Descripción no disponible.

No, Teshin was talking to Ordis (and to himself) the whole time.

Dual nikanas on Teshin are there since the introduction of the character tho, also Double sword/daggers mechanics exist in game before the trailer (Dual skanna, Dark split sword, Nami skyla, Fang prime...)

That…. Doesn’t disprove what I said at all? You can have aspects of a quest without actually releasing the quest itself. We saw this with SoP and even with the Entrati. I never said they were going to release Duviri this year, I said that they were going to probably add some mechanic that will have to do with Duviri once it releases. All that that says is “Duviri will not release in 2021” not “Nothing that has anything to do with Duviri will release in 2021”. It’s a pretty significant distinction.

27 minutes ago, Sanktai said:

That…. Doesn’t disprove what I said at all? You can have aspects of a quest without actually releasing the quest itself. We saw this with SoP and even with the Entrati. I never said they were going to release Duviri this year, I said that they were going to probably add some mechanic that will have to do with Duviri once it releases. All that that says is “Duviri will not release in 2021” not “Nothing that has anything to do with Duviri will release in 2021”. It’s a pretty significant distinction.

Then I misread your comment, my bad

On 2021-07-30 at 3:05 PM, Galuf said:

Operator overhaul/rework would be decent. Maybe we'd get into stasis and wake up later as older people. Having the game in old no operator state until mid 2020 for the next episode of the story.

My guess is that after we lose cetus and are running for our lives the duviri stuff will happen. Mind you a story driven set of maps teasing duviri. Like war within. The full duviri open world would  be later.

Setting up the paradoxical older tenno and giving us the powerup to counter lotuses mind control. And giving us new operaters with new powers equipment etc.

Our powers break reality at will.  We should in theory be able to materialize whatever body we want. Wherever or whenever.  Insert age slider child, teen, adult, and elder.

On 2021-07-31 at 2:12 AM, Skaleek said:

Focus school revamp. The regrindening.

I don't see why they could just tweak the existing focus tree. Add more skills

With better operaters we could have the amps turn into new more gun like gear. Void energy melee weapons.  Then use focus points for more talents and to boost our operater gear.

I could see operaters function much like teshin. Just with many of our current tenno abilities.

Il y a 23 heures, (PSN)Kakurine2 a dit :

I don't see why they could just tweak the existing focus tree. Add more skills

What has been teased actually is using weapons in operator form(from dp trailer in 2019). I don't think it would blend with current focus system, also if there is a massive overhaul it won't give any benefit for people who have maxed focus trees.

1 hour ago, Galuf said:

What has been teased actually is using weapons in operator form(from dp trailer in 2019). I don't think it would blend with current focus system, also if there is a massive overhaul it won't give any benefit for people who have maxed focus trees.

It seems to me from the duviri paradox and the new war stuff. That lotus has a means to control us.  We will need to DBZ fuse with our older paradoxical selves to beat her.

The duviri paradox implies things like time travel, parallel realities, pocket dimensions, and the multiverse theory.

After we fuse our 2 selves we could literally use a new better system for the tenno that incorporates what we have now and what the trailer showed.

Would be kinda cool if the morality choices/system actually mattered. 

Maybe a slight buff to an operator stat per choice you make. 

Drink the Kuva: 5% amp damage.  Don't drink the Kuva: 5-10% armor.

Also, a bunch of more choices in mission. Like that one mission to save the passenger ship or leave. Stuff like that could go to the morality system, but make it rather rare. Like the glitched loading screen and "Hey kiddo"

Il y a 22 heures, (PSN)Kakurine2 a dit :

It seems to me from the duviri paradox and the new war stuff. That lotus has a means to control us.  We will need to DBZ fuse with our older paradoxical selves to beat her.

The duviri paradox implies things like time travel, parallel realities, pocket dimensions, and the multiverse theory.

After we fuse our 2 selves we could literally use a new better system for the tenno that incorporates what we have now and what the trailer showed.

Or just a fast forward :)

3 hours ago, Galuf said:

Or just a fast forward :)

Assuming my guesses are at all on point. We need the power to go back in time and stop the sentients from getting cetuses kuva and killing everyone.  DBZ fusing with our paradox selves to achieve a new more powerful form that lotus can't mind control achieves this.

We also overhauling the operaters and getting us prepped for the full duviri paradox.

Archived