Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Way to have both camera and character look on same control?

Shad0wdrag0n

Question

Is there a way, on PC, to make it so when I turn the camera, the character turns to face the same direction? So if I move the mouse/controller stick left the character also turns left, so I'm always facing forward. It seems so stupid to have two separate controls for facing, and it makes play by controller almost impossible unless you have 3 or more hands (one for movement, one for camera, and one for attacking).

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Shad0wdrag0n said:

it makes play by controller almost impossible unless you have 3 or more hands (one for movement, one for camera, and one for attacking).

I have used controller on PC for years and have never had an issue with this. Many, if not all, third-person games have separate controls for moving and camera. Smooth and non- movement isn't possible otherwise, unless I'm misunderstanding your point.

Also, you don't need a control for "attacking". Attacks always go in the direction your camera is facing (aiming), which makes sense. Unless you mean needing another hand to press buttons, which just isn't how playing with a controller works, your thumb is only on the camera stick for a moment to make adjustments and is used for buttons otherwise.

Could you clarify what you mean? Because I'm having trouble understanding what your issue is.

Archived