Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels Need An On/off Switch!

Brimir

DE keeps talking about how they want to improve the stealth aspect of the game. One glaring problem with stealth is that all but one of the Sentinels make stealth all but impossible when they are used. Shade is the only Sentinel with some sort of self-control when it comes to attacking enemies. The other Sentinels will instantly alert any enemy as soon as they see them, making sneaking and backstabbing impossible.

So what we obviously need is an in-game toggle to turn off and on the Sentinel's weapons:

When toggled off, it won't shoot at all.

When toggled on, it will attack according to it's attack mod.

Edited by Brimir

Or, you could just unequip it. Don't get me wrong; Sometimes you forget, or it's just a pain in the &#! to have to do that whenever you want to play stealthily.

We do need this, for sure. Here, have a +1.

Edited by Zachles

I think that Sentinels shouldn't shoot at unalerted enemies, period. Right when the enemy knows of your presence is when the Sentinel has the okay to shoot stuff.

i.e. you sneak past a Grineer Lancer and accidentally bump into it. Your Carrier doesn't do anything until the Lancer notices that you bumped into it, then it blasts that Lancer's face off so it won't notify all of its buddies right away.

Edited by SortaRandom

It's quite simple. My example is: When i want to level up some weapons,  i equip my shade with an upgrade set without the offensive precepts. Stealth is a byproduct. For Shade, i have 2 upgrade sets: a standard, with all the useful stuff and a second specifically for this situation. Try it!

Edited by renleech

Or, you could just unequip it. Don't get me wrong; Sometimes you forget, or it's just a pain in the &#! to have to do that whenever you want to play stealthily.

We do need this, for sure. Here, have a +1.

The thing is, stealth isn't rewarding enough to warrant the loss of a Sentinel. Especially with the new Sentinels released, especially Carrier. It is just so dang handy to have around. Right now the choice is to either ignore Stealth, or not bring a Sentinel. The answer to said question is pretty easy to answer.

Edited by Brimir

It's quite simple. My example is: When i want to level up some weapons,  i equip my shade with an upgrade set without the offensive precepts. Stealth is a byproduct. For Shade, i have 2 upgrade sets: a standard, with all the useful stuff and a second specifically for this situation. Try it!

We do. It's just annoying that you can't switch aggressiveness in battle.

It is easy to unequip it before you start the mission... but let's be honest, everyone has had an occasion where they wish their sentinel didn't shoot for some reason.  Having some sort of toggle for sentinel's offensive abilities would be a nice addition.  Just not a priority.

from an immersion perspective...

take a capture / recovery mission. full stealth in, sentinel triggered to off mode. find target without killing or alerting any mobs.

once target is taken care of, full agro egress, sentinel switched to on mode. guns blazing to extraction.

i mean really, he's RIGHT THERE over your shoulder, a freakin' toggle switch! :P

flip...

Edited by xethier