Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted holokeys and void storms too frustrating

Endorphinz

I wasn't particularly sure if this feedback fit into any of the current feedback megathreads; none of the 4 categories looked like they would encompass this topic, so I'm throwing this into its own thread. In addition to this post, I left some feedback already on this in one of the Granum sister/Kuva lich feedback megathread anyways just in case.

While void storms and railjack content isn't new to this update, corrupted holokeys are a new addition, and since they've been dropped right square into void storms, it forces this already-existing content front and center for this update. Corrupted holokeys are just a huge pain to farm. The combination of void storms themselves being a frustrating slog, and the holokeys being only a CHANCE reward at the end of a mission, is just unacceptable to me. I find myself putting off and flat-out avoiding grinding void storms for holokeys during my free time, despite the new rewards, the new "content" offered.

Void storm missions are too long, multi-segmented missions. I particularly hate the segments where you have to locate hackers in the corpus missions, in a headache-inducing maze, a segment which goes on way, way too long. All the while you're being damaged constantly by glowing blob things for no reason, even within the safety of your own ship, why? It's a needless hazard that only adds to the frustration while you trudge through an already too-long mission. Railjack missions require more coordination with your team as well.

All these factors added together might sound really fun on paper as a unique mission to overcome, but when you are forced to slog through it as a GRIND, all these factors become frustrations. You want the segments to be quick, you want your health to stop draining, you want to punch your teammates in the face for not destroying the crewships or putting out fires. When I'm playing these missions, when I realize I need to do dozens more of these to have a chance at any of the meaningful new rewards, I just throw up my hands in defeat, and go do something else.

What can be done? I'm not entirely sure, some people think the system is just broken at a fundamental level.

I guess I'd say to shorten the missions. Less time hacking, less time exploding pipes, less ships to kill in skirmishes. Get rid of the constant health drain void thingies; those are nothing but rubbing salt in my wounds while I force myself to play void storms. And finally, corrupted holokeys as a guaranteed drop.

void storms are not so sloggish, but it's a rather repetitive experience. i think my best run was under 5 mins solo, but we kinda need a lot of these holokeys and drop rate of 37%... yeah not really that encouraging.

i strongly recommend grineer mission on Saturn, turbine missions can be done rather quick. Corpus missions suck... they suck BAD. Mostly because of that stupid idea of DE to force cooperative gameplay on us, as if that ever was the case in this game. Multitasking? oh no-no-no - denied. So yeah, no corpus rj missions those are the worse addition to the game.

If i go solo i park RJ under or near objective, go for FA and wait for crewships to arrive blasting fighters with powers at the same time. Crewships tend to spawn at your forward arc so it is possible to ohk them on cd.

6 hours ago, Kel_Silonius said:

Mostly because of that stupid idea of DE to force cooperative gameplay on us, as if that ever was the case in this game.

It's not even co-operative gameplay. Proper co-op gameplay would mean having each player doing a separate role to speed things up... such as one player going into the installations, one player on the main cannon and one player in the driver's seat. Grineer missions, basically.

Yeah, corpus railjack is terrible and I have no intention of going back once (if) I clear the nodes. Grineer railjack didn't come out too well, either, because there is exactly one pure space combat node left (the lowest level Earth mission) and it doesn't even have void storms.

Holokeys? They may as well not exist. I've farmed up 2 full Sevagoth sets, an epitaph and 4 spare blueprints and only just about have enough keys to get one weapon. I don't see myself trying to get any more of them unless something drastic changes.

4 часа назад, DoomFruit сказал:

Proper co-op gameplay would mean having each player doing a separate role to speed things up

oh yes, in the context of grineer RJ missions for sure. I do my thing you do yours, all happy, mission goes faster.

But when it comes to corpus RJ? oh no we have to be all in the same spot in order to enter this or that area. why??? DE made each and every player walking exterminatus, there is absolutely no need for 4 people to clear this or that mission.

Why i unlocked omni-teleport if i can't even use damn thing because i have run to the extraction point and there and only there i can use teleport to rj.

just how dumb that is? Who came up with this idea? Instead of making certain things easier, DE made it more difficult and more annoying for no reason.

There is NO cooperative gameplay in this so called "coop pve game", hell people don't even talk to each other during the mission.

I would be more inclined to farm more holokeys and max out the % and element of the tenet melee weapons if RJ multiplayer were less hostile of an experience.  As it stands, playing with open matchmaking in RJ means:

• I can't depend on my maxed out crew to save my ship.
  • I can't guarantee I'll be in my maxed out ship at all.
  • I can't depend on other players to protect the ship or complete objectives.  Other players tend to sit on the side guns and do F all.

So I just do Corpus RJ exterminates, as they are the fastest to complete solo.  Rank 10 tactics should have let us keep the NPC crew (at least one of them) even in multiplayer.  The current r10 Tactics upgrade, a few extra stat points and a wonky ability, wasn't needed, not when the "entry level" crew on offer with Ticker was already capable of endlessly keeping a good ship alive, even in Veil Proxima.

Here's hoping they let us grind our excess sister hounds into holokeys or something.  They could also add a +1 guaranteed holokey on Neo/Axi void storms to take the sting out of excess Sevagoth parts.

Void Storms should allow cracking one relic per POI completion because more POIs = More time required. For example, if a mission has 3 POI you can crack 3 relics. This also incentivize players to do those optional side objectives in Corpus railjack missions, because you can get more relic rewards doing them while consuming more time to complete the mission.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Void Storms should allow cracking one relic per POI completion because more POIs = More time required. For example, if a mission has 3 POI you can crack 3 relics. This also incentivize players to do those optional side objectives in Corpus railjack missions, because you can get more relic rewards doing them while consuming more time to complete the mission.

This makes sense. So it will never happen.

5 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

I love this.  To avoid confusion with relic selection at the start of the mission, it could just be a new "relic cracking" reward item.  There could even be a different relic cracking item for each relic tier (lith, meso, etc.) if that would help with... balance?

During the past 27 void storm missions I earned a total of exactly 0 holokeys.

What a joy to play the most annoying and lengthy game modes for literally 0 rewards (except for tons of duplicate crap). 

Archived