Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Black Screen And General Lag

TunaMayo

Black screen is still prevalent after missions.

A new form of lag has appeared since Wednesday. It develops in the middle of a mission. You can't pick up any items or damage any enemies and you are effectively invincible. The reason being that you are technically "not there" in the map, this is proven as even if you are at extraction you are not counted as being there (you won't make the countdown skip) but you still get mission rewards.

Tested quite a few times with different hosts and it has effected different people who normally do not lag when playing together. Only started seeing this in the last few days.

Same problem happened to me today.

I was in T1 ext with another clan member. He was hosting and had no problems.

I was having the above mentioned problem at about 1 minute in the mission.

It manifested itself by not being able to switch weapons but still could use melee.

My team mate could not see me, there was no lag, It is if I wasn't there.

Same problem happened to me today.

I was in T1 ext with another clan member. He was hosting and had no problems.

I was having the above mentioned problem at about 1 minute in the mission.

It manifested itself by not being able to switch weapons but still could use melee.

My team mate could not see me, there was no lag, It is if I wasn't there.

Exactly - you'll aim and shoot and your bullet will kill enemies but for whatever reason it looks like you have huge latency bu if that were true your shot wouldn't have hit right ? 

Hello,

The exact same problem as TunaMayo said is happening to me in 95% of the game i'm playing with other players. (happens after a few minutes playing)

I can't open doors, i can't pick up items or mods, i can't interract with the environment... BUT, on my screen, i can still move, fire and stuff (without any effect, it seems) while other players don't see me moving. And always, at the end, the mission finish with a 1 minute wait because i'm not "physically" at the extraction point and we get a black screen as reward.

It's really annoying and force me to play alone so i don't hinder a random group or my friends...

Thanks in advance for the resolution of this problem.

Edit : Tactical_surgeon : Just to say some more facts, i shoot but bullets don't touch ennemies. Never. It's not latency, i'm really not here.

(Hope you'll still understand me, english isn't my native language =$)

Edited by Anakiel

You guys have added some stuff that I have missed. It feels like you have almost been removed from the hosts game and are almost a ghost in that you simply cannot interact with the game around you.

Also when you are suffering from this lag, other players see you as immobile and invincible, but enemies tend not to target you.

It is also worth mentioning that you cannot leave a defence mission whilst suffering from this lag as you cannot click any of the buttons, but a host migration can fix this lag.

Found this out earlier when I was playing with clan-mates, me and one other person had this uber-lag and couldn't extract with the other two. Ended up continuing by default as couldn't choose any options, host migrated and the lag disappeared and we managed to survive for 5 waves and keep our rewards.

But this is worth noting if you are playing a defence with pubs and start getting this lag early on as you might as well abort mission as you could end up losing everything by being dumped on your own when the others extract and you can't.

sounds to me like Warframe needs to get it's netcode in order 

I think it must be an internal bug which I hope gets fixed soon because there is no way anyone can do the Vectis screenshot contest with this lag 

or maybe in some way it'll make it easier - idk, but it's still a pain none the less 

It only appears to effect clients. So you can do the screenshot solo.

But it really does feel like netcode issues as I didn't have this sort of problem before.

I am also getting a lot more "session unavailable" than usual, anyone else got this one too?

True ~ ( you'd do the SS contest in mercury anyways )  

Another thing is that you can't seem to open doors, collect drops, and can' interact with downed teammates 

Considering I really don't like to play alone, this may be valid enough to make me go on a short hiatus till it's fixed 

This ontop of the fact that every time I try and host, my friend gets this lag and then I get black-screened.....

I'm thinking about it too.

I too am having these issues.  Half the time I don't even see anything (squad members or incoming enemies) and just blindly shoot towards noises our take cues from my sentinel.  I wait in front of green doors for minutes until they finally open.  I also have it where I have energy being sucked into my Carrier even when I don't need it.  Huge screen filling lines of energy following me with the hoover sound going the entire time.  Quite comical but annoying as hell.  I am relegated to playing solo, since I wonk the group.  No other issues running anything else.  Same group I have played with for months.

ARGH the black screen is SERIOUSLY a problem. it gotten to the point where i dont care about rewards, i just Alt+Tab and force shutdown warframe.exe

like i dont care about gun too op or people crying that they arent the best, and there are a few scattered legitamite points in there. but when there are problems like THIS, the team needs to deal with it quickly... i am not criticizing them, i love our DE team (shoutout to my man Skree) but ;-; fix dis ples.

Same issues here. Can't open doors, can't absorb energy, can't pick things up, enemies don't react to me, I'm basically not there. If I host, everything works as normal for me but the other players get those issues.

Something's badly broken, the game currently can't be played with other people.

Edited by Cathair

ARGH the black screen is SERIOUSLY a problem. it gotten to the point where i dont care about rewards, i just Alt+Tab and force shutdown warframe.exe

like i dont care about gun too op or people crying that they arent the best, and there are a few scattered legitamite points in there. but when there are problems like THIS, the team needs to deal with it quickly... i am not criticizing them, i love our DE team (shoutout to my man Skree) but ;-; fix dis ples.

I'm with you this. Black screen has gots to go:

I am as many others experiencing this as well. I am constantly monitoring my network for latency and packet loss, and I think i can see how this happens.

When you disconnect for just a second, you get out of sync with the game, so everything that you see is not happening according to when you see it.
If you are a host and experience packet loss, the whole team will get out of sync. If you are not the host, only you will be affected.
Also, I suspect that the "blackscreen" happens when the host has experienced network issues during the mission.

The above is just what I've seen and experienced, but I am fairly certain about the first two points I made, the latter is just a guess at this moment.

I am as many others experiencing this as well. I am constantly monitoring my network for latency and packet loss, and I think i can see how this happens.

When you disconnect for just a second, you get out of sync with the game, so everything that you see is not happening according to when you see it.

If you are a host and experience packet loss, the whole team will get out of sync. If you are not the host, only you will be affected.

Also, I suspect that the "blackscreen" happens when the host has experienced network issues during the mission.

The above is just what I've seen and experienced, but I am fairly certain about the first two points I made, the latter is just a guess at this moment.

This makes sense. Could this mean that something has gone wrong DE's side in re-syncing clients and hosts?

Could this be part of an over-arching problem with the matchmaking/invite/party system? Could potentially explain why we get so many "session unavailable" or "Session full" messages when we know that is bull.

I've also been getting the black screen after EVERY game I've hosted today. In the past month and a half that I've played, it's happened maybe twice to me.  Then suddenly every game I play tonight.   Doesn't seem to matter what type of mission I pick either.  PLEASE fix this.  It's making for a very unenjoyable time gaming.

Edited by Mari_Annette