Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any reason why not many people play Protea?

AzureScion

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

On Lavos I just run a very high ranged build with decent high strength, swapping out vial rush for Roar while using all 3 umbral mods. The range really helps him with CD reduction, far more than efficiency, his #4 also ends up at a rediculous 70m+ range. Just make sure to stay at 100% duration in order to not shorten the duration of all your statuses.

Growing Power, Primed Sure Footed

Umbra Fiber, Umbra Vit, Umbra Int, Blind Rage, Overextended, Stretch, Adaptation and then the last one is Augur Reach iirc.

edit: And if I remember right, my overextended is 1 from max and adaptation sits at a cost of 8 in order to fit the rest of it.

edit2: Avenger and Grace as arcanes.

Jack the everliving hell out of Range, and use all 3 umbral mods, got it. Also.. roar as in Rhino's roar? Which elements do you apply and which skill do you use to apply the elements? I like his vial rush because it gives a bit of mobility so I can stay on the move. 

2 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

there you go, that's too much work

Oh man. I guess some people really just want to farm as fast as they can to get all the stuff. Can't blame anyone for that... I personally prefer to enjoy the farming process myself.

What I can though people with Wukong Primes doing Rescue sorties, clouding to the prison, opening the gate immediately without waiting for everyone else to arrive, and by the time we arrive at the prison room the hostage is already executed. Screw them.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)ScooterLaroo said:

Wukong's clone shares the mods and I think arcanes that are on the weapons, Specters don't, they are just the base variant of the weapon, warframe, and their abilities.

Protea's turret is not a good CC or AOE ability. It constantly switches targets and there is obvious fall-off with the CC damage. That, and since it only does fire damage it isn't good against proto-shields, aka the entirety of the Corpus.

Wukong is often used because he can clear hordes of enemies quickly and effectively while being able to actually take a hit and not crumple to dust because their shield is gone.

Protea heavily relies on her abilities just to stay alive. Take away her energy, she's dead. The same can't be said for Wukong, Inaros, Hildryn, or even Lavos. 

Protea completely poops on Corpus. Even though fire isnt "strong" versus shields, the shear damage of her turrets decimates them, even in Steel Path where their health is far higher. You just need to play her around her role, which is a more stationary frame, which works wonderfully in survival, intercept and defense. Just pick your ground and create a killing floor, then profit. 

If you like moving about alot then yeah Protea isnt a frame to pick really, because your turrets will shoot at everything. But if you play her around her role she will destroy whatever she faces. There are several mission types I wouldnt take Protea to, just as there are several I wouldnt bring Wukong to, even though he is a strong frame in general.

5 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

So what I gathered from this is, she's a problem because she's an ability based frame, correct? I mean that kinda makes sense if we're fighting bosses with ability nullifying traits, but sometimes being *very* mobile and having a good gun can solve that problem. Though I do agree I feel "safer" when battling a boss if I use a tankier frame (or Titania) but if they have ability nullifying, which frame can really negate them? Armor is basically pointless in very high level content and they can oneshot any frame regardless. With Protea though, the amount of time you get after shieldgate procs will give you enough to cast another shield grenade, hopefully able to bring you back to full shield. As for CC, I think her 1 (tap, not hold) does okay CC, but I'm gonna have to test that one again, not much argument I can give on this. Also if the main problem is energy or health and the situation is dire, you can always slap a pizza and while her turret might not be as reliable, you still have your gun to take out priority targets like arbitration drones, ancient healers, or nullifiers first. That's also what you do with tanky frames, let your frame's tankiness sustain you while you barrage your enemies with your gun. Protea's turrets act as an excellent damage supplement that completely wipe out the lesser mobs that you can't bother to take one by one. 

I don't like Warframes that are too heavily reliant on their abilities. It means without energy they are easily killable. If you are playing steel path you have to wait a minute every time you place down a toothpaste pizza. That pizza is also very much stationary, the exact thing you don't want to be when playing Protea.

Her 1 does meh damage, while it does stagger, it's damage is basically as dangerous as a fish looking at a rock, it doesn't really do much. As for shield grenade, the amount of damage that you can't dodge (aka hitscan weapons or the entire Grineer faction) means you won't be recharging your shields. While being mobile is a good way of staying alive it isn't a 1000% solution to the problem that is hitscan and high-level (100 or above) enemies that can 360 no scope you from Saturn while you're on Earth.

The issue is that her Turrets shouldn't be as unreliable as they are. It's more than obvious that they are her main damage dealers out of the kit. But they are very unreliable. It's the main issue people have with Wukong before he got his rework. It's too enclosed and unreliable that it isn't really worth using when enemies get too high up or they are too spread out.

It goes back to the issue that now Warframes have to compete with their weapons. Which lead to the issue that melee was going to "kill" Warframe, which lead to everything else. It's a constant issue of Warframes having to fight with their weapons for damage. Warframe abilities, imo, should always be better than the gun or melee someone is using, that is why they often have energy requirements. But with Protea's turrets... they can't even put up a fight against Arbitration Drones since iirc they are immune to damage from abilities. Ancient Healers, while easy to take care of, take less damage from abilities with a Disrupter around. So yeah, you have to rely on your weapons instead of your abilities.

7 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

Aye I'll take every tip I can get. I'm not exactly at the endgame-endgame point yet (aka MR30 with thousands of plats and every frame owned) so I'm trying to absorb as many information I can.

Same here, though I'd honestly be a bit careful with all the info people give out on here.

5 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

Jack the everliving hell out of Range, and use all 3 umbral mods, got it. Also.. roar as in Rhino's roar? Which elements do you apply and which skill do you use to apply the elements? I like his vial rush because it gives a bit of mobility so I can stay on the move. 

Yep Rhino's Roar. I tend to use Toxin versus Corpus, Gas versus infested and Heat versus Grineer. I just apply them with his 3 and 4, rarely ever use his 1 as an active skill. If you want your 4 to hit really hard bring a Cedo and just build it for 2 combined elements (viral+rad) and just spam the alt fire as needed. I did however drop Cedo since I enjoy Amalgam Serration's movement speed increase. So right now every frame runs a Kuva Zarr. Which is OK since it deals craploads of damage instead of being a status spreader.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Protea completely poops on Corpus. Even though fire isnt "strong" versus shields, the shear damage of her turrets decimates them, even in Steel Path where their health is far higher. You just need to play her around her role, which is a more stationary frame, which works wonderfully in survival, intercept and defense. Just pick your ground and create a killing floor, then profit. 

If you like moving about alot then yeah Protea isnt a frame to pick really, because your turrets will shoot at everything. But if you play her around her role she will destroy whatever she faces. There are several mission types I wouldnt take Protea to, just as there are several I wouldnt bring Wukong to, even though he is a strong frame in general.

Why put strong in quotation marks? It literally puts it as being rather ineffective against proto-shields in the game. If you play her while being stationary than she can quickly get overwhelmed by enemies since you reset her turrets every single time you put one out. They always shoot and change targets. They don't stay on the one target they should stay on or could stay on. They're unreliable to take down the enemies like heavy units or ancients. Survival is probably the easiest with her since you can actually camp out somewhere. Interception? No, too open, any enemy that sees you can put an end to you very quickly and if it's Steel Path you have to be moving everywhere because of the amount of enemies that spawn. Same goes for Defense, defense in general isn't the best for frames like Protea and Wukong since of how many enemies spawn. The only reason Wukong comes out imo is because of how tanky he is and that he can summon a more reliable companion.

Her role seems to change from person to person.

Is she meant to stand around and be a Turtle Engie? Is she meant to move so she doesn't die? I've seen arguments for both on this forum and I don't play her often enough to get a gage of which is true or false. I'd honestly try and do both.

Honestly the only mission I've struggled with when it comes to Wukong is Excavation (I barely ever play it) and Mobile Defense. Too many enemies spawning from too many locations and he has no CC abilities so it's best to play either Limbo or with a squad of players.

To me, I think Protea is a good Warframe, but her abilities can be rather hit-and-miss. Her one when tapped isn't all that good, it can stagger but that is about it in higher missions. Held, while yes a good amount of shields, it also means that anything that bypasses shields in higher levels like Toxic Ancients can basically 1-shot you just by looking at you (I've been very unlucky with Toxic Ancients). Her Artillery sometimes just doesn't shoot at enemies or randomly spazzes out and shoots randomly in every direction then vanishes. Dispenser is an alright ability, but the cycling instead of just basically saying what you want can be a bit annoying at times. Her 4 knocks you on your butt whenever you take fatal damage leaving the player vulnerable.

Overall, decent Warframe, but her kit makes it hard to play outside of the very few missions. She needs to have a decent group of enemies to kill, which doesn't happen all that often in extermination missions. She can't do spy missions cause he kit has nothing for spy missions. Capture missions maybe with her shields. Survival, yeah, she can hold her own there. Any form of defense mission, no, not really. Too many enemies converging on one single point and since she has no way to block the point it will get damaged or killed. Rescue, she can do rescue.

But that's all just my opinion.

27 minutes ago, AzureScion said:

Is there any reason why not many people play Protea

A lot people mainly meta slaves judge something in Warframe using this simple test

1. Does it require too much effort to play? If yes, trash. If not, good.

2. Does it nuke rooms with a push of a button? If yes, good. If not, trash.

3. Does it play part of the game for you? If yes, good. If not, trash

4. Is it immortal to the point the player can't die without paying attention? If yes, good. If not, trash.

There's probably more I missed, but the general rule is "Does this thing allows me to get the new shiny as quick as possibls with the least amount of effort possible".

Protea doesn't fall under these categories. So this can be one of the reasons.

I like her a fair bit and use her a lot. I think she is my 7th most used Frame. I like her most for Mobile Defense, certain Defense tiles. Used her and Wisp a lot on Deimos Bounties I think she is a pretty good baby sitter Frame as well, if you are playing with people you know might struggle in later waves for certain endless missions. 

I see a fair few amount of Protea players as well, I consider her moderately popular. Not the most, nor the least. She was around the middle of the pack the last time we got stats, despite not being available for some of the window, and she was used most by mr 29/30 players. I imagine next time we get stats, she'll probably be in the 25 Frames used (list is includes Primes and non Primes, so 25 is below is relatively high) 

As far as other reasons, she is relatively static, her farm can be annoying to many. It notoriously had a high fail rate (for Warframe) she can be a little static. 

Protea doesn't provide anything I want or need, neither in terms of gameplay or looks. So I can't be arsed to farm her.

I prefer frames like Revenant, Nidus, Harrow, Sevagoth and Wisp. (Honorable mention to Gloom-Chroma for extreme survivability).

They provide anything I need for any content.

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)ScooterLaroo said:

Why put strong in quotation marks? It literally puts it as being rather ineffective against proto-shields in the game. If you play her while being stationary than she can quickly get overwhelmed by enemies since you reset her turrets every single time you put one out. They always shoot and change targets. They don't stay on the one target they should stay on or could stay on. They're unreliable to take down the enemies like heavy units or ancients. Survival is probably the easiest with her since you can actually camp out somewhere. Interception? No, too open, any enemy that sees you can put an end to you very quickly and if it's Steel Path you have to be moving everywhere because of the amount of enemies that spawn. Same goes for Defense, defense in general isn't the best for frames like Protea and Wukong since of how many enemies spawn. The only reason Wukong comes out imo is because of how tanky he is and that he can summon a more reliable companion.

Her role seems to change from person to person.

Is she meant to stand around and be a Turtle Engie? Is she meant to move so she doesn't die? I've seen arguments for both on this forum and I don't play her often enough to get a gage of which is true or false. I'd honestly try and do both.

Honestly the only mission I've struggled with when it comes to Wukong is Excavation (I barely ever play it) and Mobile Defense. Too many enemies spawning from too many locations and he has no CC abilities so it's best to play either Limbo or with a squad of players.

To me, I think Protea is a good Warframe, but her abilities can be rather hit-and-miss. Her one when tapped isn't all that good, it can stagger but that is about it in higher missions. Held, while yes a good amount of shields, it also means that anything that bypasses shields in higher levels like Toxic Ancients can basically 1-shot you just by looking at you (I've been very unlucky with Toxic Ancients). Her Artillery sometimes just doesn't shoot at enemies or randomly spazzes out and shoots randomly in every direction then vanishes. Dispenser is an alright ability, but the cycling instead of just basically saying what you want can be a bit annoying at times. Her 4 knocks you on your butt whenever you take fatal damage leaving the player vulnerable.

Overall, decent Warframe, but her kit makes it hard to play outside of the very few missions. She needs to have a decent group of enemies to kill, which doesn't happen all that often in extermination missions. She can't do spy missions cause he kit has nothing for spy missions. Capture missions maybe with her shields. Survival, yeah, she can hold her own there. Any form of defense mission, no, not really. Too many enemies converging on one single point and since she has no way to block the point it will get damaged or killed. Rescue, she can do rescue.

But that's all just my opinion.

"Strong" is used because even with the negative versus Proto Shields (which isnt what most corpus use) it still completely destoys those units in higher content. And no, she cant get overwhelmed if you play her as she's ment to be played. Obviously if you stand in an open room with 4 entry ways you'll get overwhelmed, but if you pick your area like you should with most frames there wont be any risk of getting overwhelmed. The whole idea about her turrets is to pick the right fighting ground since they deal AoE damage and stack in strength fast thanks to it. If you die quickly while camping in interception or defense you arent managing your #1 either, which pretty much lets you make a floor of infinite shields, which also means you'll have shield gate 24/7. The only thing that can catch Protea by surprise is a toxic ancient ignoring her shields. And that ancient risk is completely removed due to Helminth and Gloom.

A thing that improves Protea alot while playing her is chaning her tap/hold function on her 1, so you can just tap tap tap to get shield drones out.

If your turrets spazz out at times etc. I think that is more of a Xbox issue than frame issue, since it never happens on PC.

For exterminate and so on I wouldnt even consider the strengths or weaknesses of frames because you simply never notice them. And she does spy just as fine as any other frame besides the stealth frames. It more comes down to if you feel you need to rely on stealth ability frames or not. I for instance never swap frames when doing lich/sister spy, I keep Revenant because I cant be arsed to change for a single mission.

Only endless of higher levels is really a place where kits matter. And given the endless types we have access to, she shines in most of them. The exceptions being Excav, which she can do reliable but not optimally and Disruption, where movement and proactive aggressive gameplay is key. For Interception, Defense, Survival and Defection she does great, solo or in group. Heck, for arbitration defense there is probably not a better frame since she's allowed to bottleneck to perfection in those just as if it was survival.

I have like 35% of my playtime on Protea.

I think it's two things? They gave away her defining ability with Dispensary, it's not her "signature" ability but it's the ability that is really the most desirable, especially to pair with other warframes. It doesn't bother me because unlike a lot of nothing you get from the majority of Helminth abilities it really does open up neat builds for other warframes, but yes, it means you don't actually need her at all.

The other one is that nobody seems to realize how ultra mobile and fun she is. I see other players usually on her in defense / static missions where they just sit there turning and turreting, which works but is ultra dull to do. Maybe it comes from the impression that having turrets and a literal anchor ability with her 4. My advice is: delete that junk. She has survivability in shield satellites, energy in dispensary and can just use the time "getting extra damage from a temporal explosion" actually just casting and shooting more. Her 4 really offers nothing once you learn to adjust and you're better off letting it go. All you really need to do is loop back to your Dispensary occasionally so she's really great on almost any mission you're not just moving in a straight line for like extermination.

I have her paired with an aerial gameplay focused build, she doesn't need to be on the ground at all except to scoop up a shield satellite and the turrets are way more fun and deadly when they're high up in the air. She's the most fun warframe I play by far :)

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

"Strong" is used because even with the negative versus Proto Shields (which isnt what most corpus use) it still completely destoys those units in higher content. And no, she cant get overwhelmed if you play her as she's ment to be played. Obviously if you stand in an open room with 4 entry ways you'll get overwhelmed, but if you pick your area like you should with most frames there wont be any risk of getting overwhelmed. The whole idea about her turrets is to pick the right fighting ground since they deal AoE damage and stack in strength fast thanks to it. If you die quickly while camping in interception or defense you arent managing your #1 either, which pretty much lets you make a floor of infinite shields, which also means you'll have shield gate 24/7. The only thing that can catch Protea by surprise is a toxic ancient ignoring her shields. And that ancient risk is completely removed due to Helminth and Gloom.

A thing that improves Protea alot while playing her is chaning her tap/hold function on her 1, so you can just tap tap tap to get shield drones out.

If your turrets spazz out at times etc. I think that is more of a Xbox issue than frame issue, since it never happens on PC.

For exterminate and so on I wouldnt even consider the strengths or weaknesses of frames because you simply never notice them. And she does spy just as fine as any other frame besides the stealth frames. It more comes down to if you feel you need to rely on stealth ability frames or not. I for instance never swap frames when doing lich/sister spy, I keep Revenant because I cant be arsed to change for a single mission.

Only endless of higher levels is really a place where kits matter. And given the endless types we have access to, she shines in most of them. The exceptions being Excav, which she can do reliable but not optimally and Disruption, where movement and proactive aggressive gameplay is key. For Interception, Defense, Survival and Defection she does great, solo or in group. Heck, for arbitration defense there is probably not a better frame since she's allowed to bottleneck to perfection in those just as if it was survival.

1. Yes, she can still be overwhelmed if you play her as she is still played. My point still stands on what missions she is and is not good with.

2. No, it's not an xbox issue, that issue came about from Triburos, who plays on PC, don't make assumptions.

3. Yes, any Warframe can do spy missions, but her kit is not made to do anything involving fast movements. So while yes, anyone can do any spy mission with any frame, I'd suggest doing it with a frame more qualified. Protea and other frames like Rhino aren't the best, Rhino cause he is slow and blocky and Protea because of her unique jumping style for bullet jumping.

4. I've rarely seen how good her kit is when I've used her as you've suggested. She isn't that good with defense because of how many enemies can spawn in and if it's infested, you are more than likely done for with how many will have the Disrupter's damage reduction from abilities. One single hit in high-level missions and boom, you have no energy.

While she can probably shine in other missions, I don't think she'd do well in Mobile Defense, mainly because of the way enemies react in that mode. They swarm it to a point that her turrets will get overwhelmed easily. Defection also requires a lot of movement. Also, the developers have more than shown that they want her to be mobile, not a sitting duck, which is why her abilities have time limits on them. She isn't meant to sit back and hold points, she's meant to be a fast damaging and from what I can tell basically a shock trooper. Go in, distrupt the enemies, kill them, then move along. If you need to wait you can with Dispenser. But her shields aren't all that helpful since armor does nothing for them and I've had shields be hit away in one hit by high-level enemies. 

I've seen defense missions where there is few points to "bottleneck". Have you seen the new defense mission for the Deadlock Ships? There is no way to bottle neck that, too much cover for the enemy and not a lot for the Warframe. She's not supposed to be a defensive frame, if she was her blazing artillery would have more than a few seconds of duration. She's meant to move and change position in a game where you are meant the fight hordes and move quickly as to not be caught.

Defense: Heavily depends on the map

Defection: No, you have to move too much to keep the hostages alive and can rarely set up points to gun down the enemy.

Survival: Other than Yareli, name one frame that doesn't at least have a good chance in Survival

Interception: 4 points, three turrets, all spread out (One of the Corpus one is way, way too big for her turrets to even cover it properly), so her 1 needs to be used, some enemies aren't staggered or have a lot of shields/health so they'll outlast it. Best to do in groups to cover bases because Protea will have to be moving around constantly, something you said she shouldn't do because she is supposed to be a frame that acts like the Turtle Engineer.

I get how she can be really good in all of these modes, don't get me wrong, but her kit has the glaring issue of how you say she is supposed to be played. She can't be a defensive Warframe, all of them have some form of shielding, she doesn't. The best she can do is basically camp in corners and rack up kills. So in terms of her being stationary, not really, being still in the game of Warframe is a death sentence through and through, moreso on Steel Path.

The problem with Protea is getting her.

Her kit is decent, put allot of duration on her with some strength and she can hold her own. Her 4 is her weakness, I replaced it with gloom and tesla nervos, gloom for when need heal and a slow and nervos for cc and target finding. One thing I did also to her was put in a shield mod which helped her survival ability. She is a Protector Warframe, so interception, defection, mobile defense/defense are her play ground. 

56 minutes ago, (XBOX)ScooterLaroo said:

1. Yes, she can still be overwhelmed if you play her as she is still played. My point still stands on what missions she is and is not good with.

2. No, it's not an xbox issue, that issue came about from Triburos, who plays on PC, don't make assumptions.

3. Yes, any Warframe can do spy missions, but her kit is not made to do anything involving fast movements. So while yes, anyone can do any spy mission with any frame, I'd suggest doing it with a frame more qualified. Protea and other frames like Rhino aren't the best, Rhino cause he is slow and blocky and Protea because of her unique jumping style for bullet jumping.

4. I've rarely seen how good her kit is when I've used her as you've suggested. She isn't that good with defense because of how many enemies can spawn in and if it's infested, you are more than likely done for with how many will have the Disrupter's damage reduction from abilities. One single hit in high-level missions and boom, you have no energy.

While she can probably shine in other missions, I don't think she'd do well in Mobile Defense, mainly because of the way enemies react in that mode. They swarm it to a point that her turrets will get overwhelmed easily. Defection also requires a lot of movement. Also, the developers have more than shown that they want her to be mobile, not a sitting duck, which is why her abilities have time limits on them. She isn't meant to sit back and hold points, she's meant to be a fast damaging and from what I can tell basically a shock trooper. Go in, distrupt the enemies, kill them, then move along. If you need to wait you can with Dispenser. But her shields aren't all that helpful since armor does nothing for them and I've had shields be hit away in one hit by high-level enemies. 

I've seen defense missions where there is few points to "bottleneck". Have you seen the new defense mission for the Deadlock Ships? There is no way to bottle neck that, too much cover for the enemy and not a lot for the Warframe. She's not supposed to be a defensive frame, if she was her blazing artillery would have more than a few seconds of duration. She's meant to move and change position in a game where you are meant the fight hordes and move quickly as to not be caught.

Defense: Heavily depends on the map

Defection: No, you have to move too much to keep the hostages alive and can rarely set up points to gun down the enemy.

Survival: Other than Yareli, name one frame that doesn't at least have a good chance in Survival

Interception: 4 points, three turrets, all spread out (One of the Corpus one is way, way too big for her turrets to even cover it properly), so her 1 needs to be used, some enemies aren't staggered or have a lot of shields/health so they'll outlast it. Best to do in groups to cover bases because Protea will have to be moving around constantly, something you said she shouldn't do because she is supposed to be a frame that acts like the Turtle Engineer.

I get how she can be really good in all of these modes, don't get me wrong, but her kit has the glaring issue of how you say she is supposed to be played. She can't be a defensive Warframe, all of them have some form of shielding, she doesn't. The best she can do is basically camp in corners and rack up kills. So in terms of her being stationary, not really, being still in the game of Warframe is a death sentence through and through, moreso on Steel Path.

1. No, she doesnt get overwhelmed. Play her before claiming things that just arent true. If you play her in a way that suits her design you will not get overwhelmed, not even solo with Steel Path density and levels.

2. Then he has issues because it has never happened to me and I've played Protea alot since her release. So maybe dont assume that just because one person experiences something it applies to all?

3. Of course they arent, just as I said. But it is also spy, a mission type that is never ever important, and so uncommon to actually run as a regular activity that changing frames to a more optimal one is often 100% pointless. I can count the times I've ran spy over the last year on my ten fingers and I can count the times I've felt the need to change to a spy frame on zero of those fingers.

4. So you've clearly not played her at all. She shines the most versus infested. Disruptors are never an issue for her since you always pick a good spot to farm in, and in that spot you have your dispenser, which means you always have spare energy even in one-off situations where a disruptor for some reason manages to go ninja on you.

And you keep bringing up pointless missions. Why? Mob Def is as simple as it can get since you have so many options with her to completely lock down areas. Then you just place a turret in each direction as needed. I mean it isnt like she has energy problems, shes as spammable as spammy can get.

The revamped corpus ship defense tile is probably the most forgiving for her since no matter who you play you are always visible. You can easily park her on the pod with a dispenser on it, then you just pop 3 turrets and guard the 4th lane with your gun. It isnt hard. Though I wonder why you'd even set foot on that map freely outside of the arbitration version? Again, sit down and actually learn Protea before assuming how she is.

And everything "depends on the map". No one freely plays the bad maps when you come to a point where you want the most efficient farm session. I also dont understand where you get the idea from that "She's ment to move and change position". Her turrets have short duration to avoid afk gameplay. It doesnt imply that you need to move around much, just that you need to be active with the kit.

Regarding defection. You dont need to set up any points to gun down enemies. You set up a few dispensers as you go so there are always energy when you back track, then you just alternate between tap/hold of 1 as you go, keeping shields up and halting enemies. Then when you need turrets you tend to have good lanes to place them in, clearing everything infront of you as you run (unless you cheap out on range mods for some reason).

And interception is silly easy to solo as Protea. Again, dont play the bad maps, which applies to every single frame.

I think you are also taking the "stationary" part a bit too litterally. You arent ment to stand as a statue in a spot, you set up a killing floor/defense area and then move around in it. 

Again, learn to play her since without experience your input on her is flawed and made up of very false assumptions.

5 hours ago, AzureScion said:

Which ability is her subsumed one? Oh god please don't tell me it's the turret. I'd have to farm 10 more Proteas to slap her turret into every other frames I like.

Once you’ve subsumed it once, the ability is there permanently. 

6 hours ago, SpiritTeA said:

In my situation I not play her because I didn’t bother with granum farm (and not planning too), and I don’t want buy her with platinum for now.

Me in a nutshell. 

The Granum farming just feels like a pain to me, I don't feel like doing it. I've tried it a couple times, it's not hard, just not enjoyable to me. I hate the layered mission just to get to the mission, and then the mission itself is really short. It is one of my least favorite grinds of all time. 

I would like Dispensary and a Protea to use as well, but I don't want to spend the platinum right now to buy two copies, and I don't want to do the farm. Definitely interested in using her though, all her abilities sound fun to mess with, I just, really don't have the time for trading and can't afford that right now, I'm too busy to do long, tedious farms either. I barely find time to play most days lately. 

Maybe when I get a 75% off discount and decide to splurge on a bunch of plat. Until then... 

Archived