Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stropha with 2 interchangeble modes

Radu955

The way Stropha works right now is a little awkward. You don't know your next hit will be a melee slash or a gunblade shot. I think having these two modes separate would make this weapon appealing to more players. Quanta and Fulmin are two examples of guns with two different fire modes that the player can switch between. The Stropha would work in the same way, the player would manually switch between gunblade and blade.

wow... just wow. The sheer ignorance in this post makes me sad.

It isn't just the stropha, it is the same for all gunblades.

It's the stance and its combo that matters.

All heavy attacks are being done with shots.

And no, I do not think it is healthy to make the gunblades even easier. They are already quite good and powerful as is.

1 hour ago, Quimoth said:

And no, I do not think it is healthy to make the gunblades even easier. They are already quite good and powerful as is.

While OP doesn't know about stances I still agree with him/her that there shouldn't be melee attacks in Bullet dance (in 4 combos at least).

43 minutes ago, quxier said:

While OP doesn't know about stances I still agree with him/her that there shouldn't be melee attacks in Bullet dance (in 4 combos at least).

its a gunBLADE not a gun. It already has a major benefit of not using any ammo. It can easily deal 2m in a single heavy attack WITHOUT any combo multiplier. Making it stronger/easier (to me this is the same since they are already pretty easy and strong) would be to make gunblades more meta than they already are. big no from me.

8 minutes ago, Quimoth said:

its a gunBLADE not a gun. It already has a major benefit of not using any ammo. It can easily deal 2m in a single heavy attack WITHOUT any combo multiplier. Making it stronger/easier (to me this is the same since they are already pretty easy and strong) would be to make gunblades more meta than they already are. big no from me.

But do you see how it actually work?

- Forward + block is nice => as fair I remember, t moves you to some direction and attack 2 times with guns and you can just "don't do" 3rd attack

- Block combo is... okeish => for group of enemies or nullies it's pretty good, for single target it's not because

- Forward combo is bad => it stops your movement (!) and slash things around you (not like Cleaving whirlwind of Heavy blade that slash things around you AND moves you forward).

- Standing combo looks like it wants you to move forward/backward

It's called Bullet dance not blade dance. Bullets could "touch" farther distances than blades (in general cases) so it makes sense than Forward combo shoot forward (like Standing combo is now). And standing combo doesn't move you but deal damage near or around you. That's what Standing combo is doing now. And to add cherry on top Gunblades got a bug where every shot from small distance have small damage and knockdown effects. That might be bad... but I haven't tested it.

20 hours ago, quxier said:

And to add cherry on top Gunblades got a bug where every shot from small distance have small damage and knockdown effects. That might be bad... but I haven't tested it.

Afaik, The Redeemer Prime, if fired from point blank range, is intended to have a shockwave that ragdolls nearby enemies (going by the effects created on shot).

30 minutes ago, (NSW)Zergmaster999 said:

Afaik, The Redeemer Prime, if fired from point blank range, is intended to have a shockwave that ragdolls nearby enemies (going by the effects created on shot).

I may be wrong but I think only Stropha should have this feature. Still even Sarpa has it and doing ground finisher do low damage because of this (sometimes afair).

surround

On 2021-07-28 at 3:24 PM, Quimoth said:

idk if u understand, i just wanted to be able to switch between blade attacks and gun shots. currently if you attack with stropha u will have a combination of blade attacks and gun shots but you can't control when u use the blade and when u shoot. i know about stances but they don't make a difference here. using the gun most of the time is not the same as using only the gun. here is why i want this: the gun is more effective against single targets while the blade is more effective against multiple targets. if u are surrounded by enemies you might want to switch from gun to blade in order to kill them faster.

On 2021-07-28 at 4:52 PM, quxier said:

what makes you think i don't know about stances?

9 minutes ago, Radu955 said:

what makes you think i don't know about stances?

Well:

On 2021-07-28 at 2:16 PM, Radu955 said:

You don't know your next hit will be a melee slash or a gunblade shot.

Most* movements are not random - you know exactly what move you are going to make (unless you are going ultraspeed but that's on you). So, if you said something like this then you don't know about stances. At least not about Gunblade's stances.

* there is a case where you are doing "wall attack" (not sure about proper term) instead of "aim-glide(block) + attack" (e.g. Vitrica or Exodia contagion).

4 hours ago, (NSW)Zergmaster999 said:

At first I thought every Gunblade has that with the first shot of the Stances (It has been awhile since I last Forma'd the Redeemer Prime, so I'm not sure if it's one or both stances).

Although due to that ragdolling, I find it hard to actually land a melee hit with the Gunblade (Aside from the forward-combo). Understandably they are still part-gun, but I think it would be nice if they could either move the ragdolling effect to the last hit / shot of a particular combo, or maybe in the Arsenal screen have a "Safety" toggle to switch off the ragdolling (Like the safety pin on a gun).

• Another idea could be if a new Gunblade stance was introduced with the ragdolling being last, alternating melee hits with Gunshot blasts.

Such as;
    • Melee -> Melee -> Gunblast -> quick spin around as you crouch -> A stronger Gunblast (Which also explains the ragdoll effect, coincidentally)

• Melee -> Gunblast -> Melee -> Gunblast

• Heavy Attack:   A two-part move where you spin around (Or uppercut them?) to lift enemies in front, and send them flying with the Gunblast.

• Spin attack:   This could be an automatic-fire all around you as opposed to shotgun-style blasts, so it deals a bit of damage to everything in a different way to most spin attacks. Probably not too strong, but variety is nice.

Just some food for thought; More stances couldn't hurt in the future.

2 hours ago, Radu955 said:

surround

idk if u understand, i just wanted to be able to switch between blade attacks and gun shots. currently if you attack with stropha u will have a combination of blade attacks and gun shots but you can't control when u use the blade and when u shoot. i know about stances but they don't make a difference here. using the gun most of the time is not the same as using only the gun. here is why i want this: the gun is more effective against single targets while the blade is more effective against multiple targets. if u are surrounded by enemies you might want to switch from gun to blade in order to kill them faster.

Only if this would given you an unmodded or otherwise heavily nerfed gunblade would this be even remotely okay to me.

Archived