Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some K-drive suggestions to make them a bit more useful

Azamagon

So, just some relatively simple suggestions which could maybe make K-drives more useful:

• Ragdolling - Can now ONLY occur while landing during a non-completed trick.
    • The mod Perfect Landing helps save your from these ragdoll falls. It could potentially be increased to a higher chance as well (100%, even?)
  • Low obstacles - Riding into low obstacles (think loot containers and such) simply makes the board get on top, like if it went up a set of stairs.
  • High obstacles - When riding into something that you wouldn't be able to get on top of (like a wall), you now instead "climb" the object by turning the board parallell to the surface, flip 180 degrees and then descend teh obstacle, and start going the opposite direction. If you were boosting, the boost is turned off (this would be the sole penalty)
    • This makes it impossible (when not doing tricks) to ever collide and cause self-incapacition!
  • Wall "running" - Can "wall-run" with K-drives, but you slide down rather quickly over time. If hitting a wall head on, the above suggested "high obstacle climb-and-turn" occurs.
  • Mission useage - Can now be used in regular missions, perhaps?
    • In open worlds, Archwings are simply the superior option for traversal. On regular missions however, you could potentially use K-drives as a legit speedy option (especially if you no longer crash and collide with anything)
  • Abilities - Can use almost any Warframe power on K-drives! Some exceptions exist (Such as exalted melee). This would make them far more useable both in open worlds and regular missions.
  • Primary weapons - It would be nice if we could use Primaries while on K-drives as well, but I dunno how that would work keybinding-wise (since F is already used to toggle between gun-useage or doing tricks)
  • Fishing platform - Being able to fish while on a K-drive would be an immensly useful utility (at least on PoE and OV)

Sidenote: Merulina would need heavier changes (like moddability, useability for races etc), but that's not really the main topic here, even if Merulina would be indirectly aided by the above suggestions as well.

Would you agreed with these suggestions?

• 1 month later...

To add to this, there are two things I would like to see them get.

1) Remove the inertia from k-drives, it`s annoying and while it`s realistic it does not make gameplay better.

2) Operators can now ride on k-drives.

Spoiler

Warframe 20210429082852 by Aaronj-c

If these things were to happen I would use them a lot more often.

• 2 months later...

I have a suggestion...

Set K-Drives to always Boost... Infact ...we are still waiting for this Option in the main Game 🤔.

Another thing that would be nice is Camera Assist...I can't move the camera while I'm charging for Jumps...

Another thing I would like is Vehicle Controls.... In otherds I want to move forward with The Right Trigger and Brake with The Left Trigger...

Archived