When will we be able to multitask?

I wonder why in the same node there are 5 different missions and i can only farm 1 thing at a time for the same mission. why cant i do the steel path kuva flood lich taxed fissure node on nightmare?

EDIT: while that node is also a steel path incursion

Edited by --RV--Earth
  • Like 5

Because DE is reluctant to increase player fragmentation, and thus hasn't added different mission types like fissures et al. to SP yet. 

Who knows, they may still change their minds. They reserve the right to do so, but if they do it will probably be slowly and cautiously due to the aforementioned fear. 

As for the rest, there is only a certain amount of multitasking they are going to allow in one mission type. Partly due to their spaghetti code, but partly because if you farm too efficiently, doing too many things at once, you won't spend as much time playing. And that's bad for player statistics, which they need to show to investors and their companies CFO team. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 3

seemingly never, or as far off into the future as absolutely possible, by their attitude about this kind've stuff.

even though it's a major contributor to Players that have been around for a while burning out or getting bored. 

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Because DE is reluctant to increase player fragmentation, and thus hasn't added different mission types like fissures et al. to SP yet. 

but what this user is asking for reduces the number of Mission permutations overall. in specific cases it could add some, but overall there will be a lot less permutations.

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

if you farm too efficiently, doing too many things at once, you won't spend as much time playing.

assuming that the predatory strategy is actually successful for longterm Players, and doesn't just make them not bother at all because they get too bored to bother.

• Like 1

Too much reward for too little time probably.   

Given how big the game is now, you could certainly make a strong argument to reduce grind in order to make it manageable, especially at lower levels.  Id hate to be joing the game now, would feel like standing at the bottom of Mount everest wearing flip flops.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

but what this user is asking for reduces the number of Mission permutations overall. in specific cases it could add some, but overall there will be a lot less permutations.

assuming that the predatory strategy is actually successful for longterm Players, and doesn't just make them not bother at all because they get too bored to bother.

I'm not saying I'm okay with it, just explaining why they don't seem interested in budging. Zero multitasking on SP due to fragmentation fears. I get that within SP it would decrease fragmentation, but it would increase fragmentation between SP and non SP, and I believe that worries them. 

As for why they allow almost zero multitasking on the rest, because they want you to play longer as a rat in a maze. I can't say I defend it. I just get burnt out and bored on tedious grinds, it doesn't keep me playing. Just explaining (what I think) is their reasoning. I am certainly not saying I am okay with it, or think it is really that great for long term player retention. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm not saying I'm okay with it, just explaining why they don't seem interested in budging. Zero multitasking on SP due to fragmentation fears. I get that within SP it would decrease fragmentation, but it would increase fragmentation between SP and non SP, and I believe that worries them. 

As for why they allow almost zero multitasking on the rest, because they want you to play longer as a rat in a maze. I can't say I defend it. I just get burnt out and bored on tedious grinds, it doesn't keep me playing. Just explaining (what I think) is their reasoning. I am certainly not saying I am okay with it, or think it is really that great for long term player retention. 

Cross play / save may solve the fragmentation problem if all players are in one big pool.   Still can't see it happening though unfortunately.  DE seem to be scared of giving too many rewards too quick, I suppose cos we players have a tendency to burn through new stuff at mach 10 and the devs can't keep up with that.   Could certainly reduce the "normal" grind though without impacting any new stuff.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Who knows, they may still change their minds. They reserve the right to do so, but if they do it will probably be slowly and cautiously due to the aforementioned fear. 

As for the rest, there is only a certain amount of multitasking they are going to allow in one mission type. Partly due to their spaghetti code, but partly because if you farm too efficiently, doing too many things at once, you won't spend as much time playing. And that's bad for player statistics, which they need to show to investors and their companies CFO team. 

Kuva SP would be so busted considering that SP is already the method for the fastest kuva farming in the game by an enormous margin.

Lich/Sister of Parvos SP missions would be an interesting challenge, and DE could even add a flat bonus for the weapons' elemental dmg % or an increased chance of getting an ephemera if the Lich or the Sister is spawned and fully completed in SP as an extra reward.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

i'm not even really asking for everything to be snooze path, just the bare minimum so that the game isn't just always this crap.
tpR3cM8.png

snooze path being separate is understandable. but there has to be a way to reduce these permutations of exactly the same Mission.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i'm not even really asking for everything to be snooze path, just the bare minimum so that the game isn't just always this crap.
tpR3cM8.png

snooze path being separate is understandable. but there has to be a way to reduce these permutations of exactly the same Mission.

Ah, yes. I see what you are saying there. They could at least tweak their algorithms to avoid situations like that, no question. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Ah, yes. I see what you are saying there. They could at least tweak their algorithms to avoid situations like that, no question. 

specifically avoiding it wouldn't really make it better, either way you'd still need to play Missions 3-4x as much, as that's what the game is asking out of us. play __ Mission 239023 times to grind stuff, then do that again for other different stuff, then do that again for other different stuff.....

like, Kuva Siphons should be able to be in normal Missions. it can just be like a teaser that a new Player sees from time to time. it's optional to Mission completion which works out quite alright there, especially if people are always allowed to self extract.
Void Tears could be.... adjusted to work differently so that they also, can just be a part of the normal Mission. 

Liches are high enough difficulty that like snooze path, i get that merging those permutations isn't practical. but what i mentioned would be such a big improvement already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

DE dances back and forth across this line, yes. Most of the time they do things the healthy way, where the goal is less "playing 80 hours a week" and more "playing every week." But every now and then they do stuff like the Hema, the Ambassador, the original version of IsoVaults.

But they also roll back every now and then. Liches were originally going to be MUCH longer grind, then they felt that wasn't healthy and rolled it back to five hours per Lich (which is why it got delayed so many times, they had to rebuild it from scratch and decouple it from Squad Link). IsoVaults were changed to make it faster to restart a mission and spend less time doing lower-tier vaults. They dug their heels in with the Hema, but eventually conceded an inch of ground by making more missions drop Mutagen Samples -- namely the entire Pacifism Defect event, letting us grind the event and the Hema at the same time, which brings me to:

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

like, Kuva Siphons should be able to be in normal Missions. it can just be like a teaser that a new Player sees from time to time. 

I seem to remember that's how siphons originally worked. I was just doing a normal Uranus mission and suddenly Worm Queen started talking and a... thing I couldn't damage appeared

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I seem to remember that's how siphons originally worked. I was just doing a normal Uranus mission and suddenly Worm Queen started talking and a... thing I couldn't damage appeared

Which only further compounded into the omnipresent issue Warframe has of not explaining anything.

Back when I was trying to get Umbra I didn't know where to get Kuva...so I had to go on the wiki to figure out how Kuva Siphons even worked.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

DE dances back and forth across this line, yes. Most of the time they do things the healthy way, where the goal is less "playing 80 hours a week" and more "playing every week." But every now and then they do stuff like the Hema, the Ambassador, the original version of IsoVaults.

i don't even really care (for the most part) how 'long' some content takes to do, as long as it's actually interesting. stuff is only super boring when we're expected to play "just a Mission" all over again a whole bunch of times, and only a slight difference.
the game is made to be all about collecting junk, getting to the goal - but i just want the journey to be interesting.

Ambassador could be alright if they... created a unique Railjack Endless Mission. they created Volatile, a unique non Endless. so why not tie a new thing with a new Endless......?
just idling in a Survival is not exactly my ideal of an enjoyable journey.
Iso Vaults pretty much fit that bill. something new to do that was somewhat different, so i was happy to grind that. and it was kinda cool for the Tiers of Iso Vaults to be kinda sorta like an Endurance Mission. it's more convenient now for sure, but it's a step or two closer to being less unique.
Mutagen Samples completely lacks any interesting things to do along the journey, that's the problem there.

i don't remember how Siphons were on release anymore, dunno.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

so I had to go on the wiki to figure out how Kuva Siphons even worked.

Guild wars 2 have an ingame support for the wiki. And to be honest, I feel it's better to have a strong and complete wiki, than ingame 'guides' made from people that never played the game.

Warframe could also do the same, since our warframe wiki is really good.

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Which only further compounded into the omnipresent issue Warframe has of not explaining anything.

Back when I was trying to get Umbra I didn't know where to get Kuva...so I had to go on the wiki to figure out how Kuva Siphons even worked.

Kuva Siphons are one of the worst explained things ever. 

I don't know if they fixed it cause I haven't had reason to do a siphon in a long time, but they didn't just not explained it, they literally told you to do the wrong thing, which led to mass confusion. 

• Like 1

it'd be nice, but also too convenient for players: they want you to keep that play time stat as high as possible. multi-tasking can be done in some cases, like getting intrinsics, prime parts AND a chance at Holokeys all at once in Void Storms, but something like a Steel Path Arbitration Kuva Siphon Lich Nightmare mission, fun as that sounds, is probably not gonna be a thing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, taiiat said:

tpR3cM8.png

BuT ThIs Is CoNteNt

/s

• Like 1

I'd hazard a guess that if such a thing existed then it's all that people would play.

And then people would get bored of it.

And then people would ask for something else they can play that awards everything.

Variety is the spice of life.

• Like 1