Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't quite find a frame for my playstyle

TheOneFoop

Question

The problem is that with his halo, enemies can still hit his health even with 1,000,000 armor. Equilibrium helps with that because it converts part of health orbs for energy and energy for health. Certain enemies can bypass his halo and can suck him dry of energy and several builds do not run flow. So equilibrium help with making sure he has a constant supply of energy. 

Before I used equilibrium he would sometimes just die especially against corpus, now with equilibrium he is much more tanky. Try him without and then with it, you will see the difference.

On 2021-07-29 at 5:27 AM, TheOneFoop said:

I'm newer to warframe but I can't seem to find a frame that suits my playstyle. I like quicker characters that can get in kill stuff and get out, but I can't find a frame that suits that playstyle, any recommendations?

Get saryn, mirage, wukong, volt, titania, and chroma

17 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I never noticed vacuum not working.. then again when we're all psycho-faerie shooting and slashing everything that's in front it's kinda easy to miss :p. I use the Dex Pixia focus someone suggested cannot remember that aura's name now xD and she has Preparation so it's psycho-faerie from offset each time :p and so, so much fun

I think you're confused. Ironclad Flight intentionally removes vacuum, Razorwing Blitz makes you faster. They are two different mods.

13 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Ah ha, found it Pistol Amp heh. I've not been able to get much Vitus Essence for Aerodynamic. I also have:-

Preparation, Ironclad Flight, Streamline, Primed Flow, Intensify, Fleeting Expertise, Narrow Minded, Razorwing Blitz and regular Vitality in my main Razorwing-focused loadout. Streamline is R4 and Primed Flow is R8 all others are max.

Works wonders and never notice vacuum isn't there with how fast she goes in Razorwing mode. Buuut that list may be a long way from our OP's current place.. still might give them a project to work on

Now we're just totally off topic, but whatever. Pistol Amp is actually a very minuscule damage increase. If you really want to do a deep dive into how damage is calculated, The Kengineer just put out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3n89cZpVTg&ab_channel=TheKengineer

Basically, exalted weapons like the Dex Pixia are better off having higher power strength, so if you can get your hands on it use Growing Power (+25% power strength when you deal a status with your weapon), but otherwise Aerodynamic goes for pretty cheap (usually 20-30p on Switch, YMMV), especially with the new galvanized mods drawing people to arbitrations. Corrosive Projection is also a pretty great universal choice. I also like Enemy Radar sometimes. Just like to have extra sometimes.

10 hours ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

The augment I was referring to was the one that disables vacuum in Razorwing for 40% damage reduction, Ironclad Flight. Apparently, some people actually wanted vacuum removed according to [DE]Pablo: 

These people are idiots, but yeah.

Razorwing Blitz, on the other hand, is an absolutely stellar mod... given that you don't sprint while it's active.

Ah ha, found it Pistol Amp heh. I've not been able to get much Vitus Essence for Aerodynamic. I also have:-

Preparation, Ironclad Flight, Streamline, Primed Flow, Intensify, Fleeting Expertise, Narrow Minded, Razorwing Blitz and regular Vitality in my main Razorwing-focused loadout. Streamline is R4 and Primed Flow is R8 all others are max.

Works wonders and never notice vacuum isn't there with how fast she goes in Razorwing mode. Buuut that list may be a long way from our OP's current place.. still might give them a project to work on

You're probably looking for Ash.

The Real Space Ninja.

Quick in, Safe out.

Teleport
Ash teleports towards the target, bringing him into melee range and making enemies vulnerable to finishers. (manually press X after Teleport).

Smoke Screen
Drops a smoke bomb that stuns enemies and obscures their vision, rendering Ash invisible for a short time.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

The augment I was referring to was the one that disables vacuum in Razorwing for 40% damage reduction, Ironclad Flight. Apparently, some people actually wanted vacuum removed according to [DE]Pablo: 

Razorwing Blitz, on the other hand, is an absolutely stellar mod... given that you don't sprint while it's active.

I never noticed vacuum not working.. then again when we're all psycho-faerie shooting and slashing everything that's in front it's kinda easy to miss :p. I use the Dex Pixia focus someone suggested cannot remember that aura's name now xD and she has Preparation so it's psycho-faerie from offset each time :p and so, so much fun

On 2021-07-29 at 12:27 AM, TheOneFoop said:

I'm newer to warframe but I can't seem to find a frame that suits my playstyle. I like quicker characters that can get in kill stuff and get out, but I can't find a frame that suits that playstyle, any recommendations?

If you mean like an assassin maybe Ivara, Banshee or Loki. Other than that pretty much and frame can do what you are looking for.. it just takes some time, mods and learning to get comfortable with bullet jumping etc to be able to basically jump in a room full of enemies, obliterate them and literally be on your way to the next room before the last body hits the floor.

On 2021-07-30 at 7:12 AM, (PSN)Claudija said:

I have to disagree, depending on which Aug you meant. My Titania runs both Razorwing Blitz and Aviator and she's silly fast, with Iron Flight she's a little tankier too. Aerodynamic Aura I can't comment on as of this moment I don't have the Aura myself.

Aviator also works amazingly well for the modern Zephyr as it does contribute to her passive whilst mid-air :p

15 hours ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

Nezha is pretty much the definition of hit-and-run, especially with the Reaping Chakram augment paired with Equilibrium. Put enemies on spikes, hit them with chakrams that multiply and reduce enemy damage reduction, pick up a nearly unlimited pool of health and energy, all while having a ring that massively reduces incoming damage and prevents status effects and having a speed booster that deals damage with its trail, which also cleanses status. You can find him in the dojo's Tenno lab.

Zephyr is also great for hit-and-run, as she gets a crit boost while in air and can whoosh away, all while wearing an anti-bullet coat that makes her run faster, and you can make tornadoes that suck in enemies and distribute any incoming damage you or your team put into. You can find her in the dojo's Tenno lab.

Wukong gets a buddy that uses whatever weapon you're not using (or you can force him to use ONLY the weapon you're using if it's all you have equipped), can dramatically boost his armor and reflect incoming damage, and can heal himself by literally flying away as a cloud. Oh, he also has a stick he hits stuff with. You can find him, also, in the Tenno lab of your dojo.

Loki has the ability to turn invisible and mass-disarm enemies in a very generous radius. He also has a very high sprint speed. Oh, he also has a decoy he can teleport to from far away. You can farm his parts from Neptune's boss, The Hyena Pack, at Psamathe.

Gauss will be the hardest farm, with his parts only being dropped from C rotations on Kappa, Sedna. This is more common than you think, as disruption missions don't use the typical AABC rotation, instead offering C rotations for guarding all four conduits after round 3, and at least three from round 4 on. His abilities are go fast, reduce "kinetic" (IPS, heat, cold, blast) damage and prevent their statuses (including knockdown), make a spherical fire/ice blast (that unfortunately combines to blast damage if you do both), and massive speed boost for attacks and movement, as well as removing the limiter on his passive. He's janky, but he's the fastest frame in the game by a longshot.

Titania has her own quest, The Silver Grove, that's honestly really boring, but she's basically free. You can equip the Aerodynamic aura and Aviator mod (do not ever buy the augment that literally does the same thing, as it doesn't stack and is a worse downgrade that's harder to get) for a total of 66% damage reduction while in the air. You will always be in the air. Her 4 turns her into a tiny fairy that uses archwing controls that gives her a really powerful set of pistols. She can also cause status immunity and completely stun enemies, generate 4 team buffs that last 2 minutes, and kind of distract enemies with another enemy she turns into a bomb.

I have to disagree, depending on which Aug you meant. My Titania runs both Razorwing Blitz and Aviator and she's silly fast, with Iron Flight she's a little tankier too. Aerodynamic Aura I can't comment on as of this moment I don't have the Aura myself.

Aviator also works amazingly well for the modern Zephyr as it does contribute to her passive whilst mid-air :p

Nezha is also my boy.  I actually enjoy the passive as you can tap the slide to move much faster that just straight running. 

Wukong is also a lot of fun if you just want to run through things.

While other frames can be much faster I like that these two aren't as energy hungry. Because their movement abilities are low cost and their most effective combat abilities (warding halo, celestial twin) are health based and don't require constant recast at lower levels.

Also both can be build from a clan dojo for a relatively low amount of investment compared to other frames that require lots of farming. 

23 hours ago, TheOneFoop said:

Titania or Wukong would probably be nice.

Nezha is pretty much the definition of hit-and-run, especially with the Reaping Chakram augment paired with Equilibrium. Put enemies on spikes, hit them with chakrams that multiply and reduce enemy damage reduction, pick up a nearly unlimited pool of health and energy, all while having a ring that massively reduces incoming damage and prevents status effects and having a speed booster that deals damage with its trail, which also cleanses status. You can find him in the dojo's Tenno lab.

Zephyr is also great for hit-and-run, as she gets a crit boost while in air and can whoosh away, all while wearing an anti-bullet coat that makes her run faster, and you can make tornadoes that suck in enemies and distribute any incoming damage you or your team put into. You can find her in the dojo's Tenno lab.

Wukong gets a buddy that uses whatever weapon you're not using (or you can force him to use ONLY the weapon you're using if it's all you have equipped), can dramatically boost his armor and reflect incoming damage, and can heal himself by literally flying away as a cloud. Oh, he also has a stick he hits stuff with. You can find him, also, in the Tenno lab of your dojo.

Loki has the ability to turn invisible and mass-disarm enemies in a very generous radius. He also has a very high sprint speed. Oh, he also has a decoy he can teleport to from far away. You can farm his parts from Neptune's boss, The Hyena Pack, at Psamathe.

Gauss will be the hardest farm, with his parts only being dropped from C rotations on Kappa, Sedna. This is more common than you think, as disruption missions don't use the typical AABC rotation, instead offering C rotations for guarding all four conduits after round 3, and at least three from round 4 on. His abilities are go fast, reduce "kinetic" (IPS, heat, cold, blast) damage and prevent their statuses (including knockdown), make a spherical fire/ice blast (that unfortunately combines to blast damage if you do both), and massive speed boost for attacks and movement, as well as removing the limiter on his passive. He's janky, but he's the fastest frame in the game by a longshot.

Titania has her own quest, The Silver Grove, that's honestly really boring, but she's basically free. You can equip the Aerodynamic aura and Aviator mod (do not ever buy the augment that literally does the same thing, as it doesn't stack and is a worse downgrade that's harder to get) for a total of 66% damage reduction while in the air. You will always be in the air. Her 4 turns her into a tiny fairy that uses archwing controls that gives her a really powerful set of pistols. She can also cause status immunity and completely stun enemies, generate 4 team buffs that last 2 minutes, and kind of distract enemies with another enemy she turns into a bomb.

Hmmm...quicker characters that get in, kill, then get out.  The fact that "getting out" is a part of it suggests that this would be a frame that needs to get out (as opposed to staying in the fray), so not a tanky character.  And the fact that they can get in and kill before dying suggests that they can either kill quickly or with brief impunity.

I can't think of any frame that meets this criteria better than Ash.

• Short invisibility duration, during which enemies can't target you for attacks.
  • Casting invisibility briefly stuns enemies.
  • Can teleport to enemies and (with the Augment mod) instantly do finisher attacks.

Ash does plenty of other things as well, but this seems like exactly what you're looking for!

Just as a suggestion, but we might be able to assist you more if you give us more details about what you mean. For example play styles in other games that you enjoy, and what Warframe you have currently played before/experienced? Our suggestions advice may differ if you are brand new, or whether you have played 4 or 5 Frames, or completed the star chart and have say 10 Warframes etc

The way Warframe works, is that many characters have the potential to be fast and kill efficient, but some of that is tied to game knowledge, mod set ups, weapons, as well as Warframe's and their powers. An MR 25 with years of experience is going to make Excalibur seem like a speedster and parkour god compared to a newer player who was gifted Gauss or Nezha. 

To echo other peoples recommendations though, Volt, Gauss, Nezha, Wukong, Titania are pretty fast and good at killing fast, but some of these are harder to get than others. If you can join a Clan, Nezha and Wukong can be relative easy to get. There are also ways to make any Frame fast, like Rush mod, Sprint Boost aura, but sometimes this can be a trade off in terms of mod slots. So you may have to invest a Catalyst and Forma, or else rely on damage from other sources like powerful weapons...

This is also all assuming you are knowledge and decent at parkour, bullet jumping, wall running and keeping momentum. For a lot of us that have been playing the game for a bit, we tend to forget our muscle memory and practice have made us really fast and good at getting around fast effortlessly. Taking a moment to reflect on your question, I actually started to remember I was really slow when I first started and often couldn't keep pace with other players. Now I'm usually first to extraction and have to consciously slow down in case I am killing too fast to the detriment of other players enjoyment. 

Good luck in any case and hope you find a Frame you like. 

55 minutes ago, MaddawgTL said:

Nezha Prime/Nezha,.... solves his one problem with dying. 

Not trying to be rude....but how,in the name of Bob, is it possible to die while playing Nezha ?? 

I stopped using that frame,since anything and everything is just a cakewalk and it got boring... :/

Nezha Prime/Nezha, fast but a bit slippery so once you get used to his slides he can keep up or pass speed volt. Also get equilibrium, solves his one problem with dying. 

Wukong Prime/Wukong, good tanky frame and with cloud walker excellent mobility with a built in heal. 

Want to use whatever frame? Use the mods rush, sprint and armored agility. All will increase sprint speed.

11 hours ago, TheOneFoop said:

What's funny is because that playstyle is the most basic playstyle in warframe, literally almost everything in this game can get in kill stuff and out fast.

You probably just haven't got the mods, or knowledge to build your frames towards that goal. And that's fine.

Some frames are just simply fast moving, like gauss or volt. Some other frames are fast because they can move freely, like wukong or titania. There are also frames who are fast because they'll just nuke everything in the room with one press of a button, such as saryn or ember. There are also frames that feels fast because you'll be actively killing stuff with their abilities, like mesa. 

Aside from the frames, there are builds. You can make excalibur a REALLY fast sprinter with mods. You can make him a really fast swordman with quick attacks.

From where i stand, it seems that you just need more time with the game, mate. Good luck.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)ScooterLaroo said:

Well darn, thank you for the extra info and clearing things up for me.

Yeah, unfortunately none are particularly accessible. Best bet is to try and get into a Dojo that already has Wukong or Nezha researched and start from there, or alternatively find some people willing to help with or carry Ropalololyst/Silver Grove spectres/Disruptions.

Good news is that people are almost always farming Gauss's disruption node, so at the very least it's easy to find a party.

If you decide to try the Dojo route first, Nezha is the easier of the two to obtain since Wukong needs about 6 Nitain (which can be obtained from Nightwave in exchange for credits), while Nezha's only "hard to get" material is Argon Crystal, which can be gotten in any Void node or from enemies in higher level Gift of the Lotus missions. (Most commonly the anniversary GotL missions since they usually have one that's 30+)

People are usually farming Mot or the void Defense for Argon Crystals, so you'll probably find a Nekros or Hydroid every once in a while.

Just now, Flannoit said:

2. Gauss comes from Disruptions, which is pretty difficult and requires going all the way to rotation C (Which has a different Rotation mechanic than other missions) which can make him a bit harder for lower-level players without some carrying/luck.

3. Silver Grove is relatively difficult mostly due to the Orokin Spectres having pretty nuts resistances and doing a lot of damage.

4. Nezha does come from the Dojo, yes.

5. Unfortunately, Wisp comes from Ropalololyst (or however the hell its spelled), which is one of the more difficult boss fights due to its stupid mechanics, the fact it's a sentient, and also being one of the absolute late game bosses.

Well darn, thank you for the extra info and clearing things up for me.

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)ScooterLaroo said:

2. Gauss: Fast and furious in a Warframe. While not as durable (arguably) as Wukong, his main gimmick is 'go fast' In tighter space missions he can get stuck or get stopped, but his abilities can do a lot of damage or help with killing enemies. I don't entirely know how to farm him so I'll get back if I find it.

3. Titania/Titania Prime: Fast little butterfly girl with Mini Archwing and Archwing weapons, some would say faster than Wukong in his cloud form. She can be gotten from her quest The Silver Grove, which may be a higher level than what you normally deal with. (I don't know it's been a long time since I've played it) Titania Prime is similar to Wukong Prime in terms of prices.

4. Nezha/Nezha Prime: Slippery Boi with fire. He's overall a fast Warframe that can be gotten iirc (If I remember correctly) from the Clan Dojo similar to Wukong.  His prime version is similar to the previous prime versions.

5. Wisp: Floaty. Her Speed Mote helps increase attack and movement speed allowing for quicker melee attacks and movement. She can be made generally as a support and attack frame if needed.

Those are what I would suggest. They are generally the go to frames for damage and speed. Loki and Volt are also good options but Loki. Volt is also a starter frame. So Volt and his prime version will probably be better.

2. Gauss comes from Disruptions, which is pretty difficult and requires going all the way to rotation C (Which has a different Rotation mechanic than other missions) which can make him a bit harder for lower-level players without some carrying/luck.

3. Silver Grove is relatively difficult mostly due to the Orokin Spectres having pretty nuts resistances and doing a lot of damage.

4. Nezha does come from the Dojo, yes.

5. Unfortunately, Wisp comes from Ropalololyst (or however the hell its spelled), which is one of the more difficult boss fights due to its stupid mechanics, the fact it's a sentient, and also being one of the absolute late game bosses.

Depends on what you mean really.

1. Wukong/Wukong Prime: He's fast, durable, and with his clone (first ability) you can easily clear rooms if you have the right weapon (if you want to use a gun and you want your clone to use the gun as well remove the melee) and has a cloud form that moves fast and heals health. However, regular Wukong can only be gotten from Clan Dojos. Prime is honestly much easier to get but the price of platinum will very from seller to seller.

2. Gauss: Fast and furious in a Warframe. While not as durable (arguably) as Wukong, his main gimmick is 'go fast' In tighter space missions he can get stuck or get stopped, but his abilities can do a lot of damage or help with killing enemies. I don't entirely know how to farm him so I'll get back if I find it.

3. Titania/Titania Prime: Fast little butterfly girl with Mini Archwing and Archwing weapons, some would say faster than Wukong in his cloud form. She can be gotten from her quest The Silver Grove, which may be a higher level than what you normally deal with. (I don't know it's been a long time since I've played it) Titania Prime is similar to Wukong Prime in terms of prices.

4. Nezha/Nezha Prime: Slippery Boi with fire. He's overall a fast Warframe that can be gotten iirc (If I remember correctly) from the Clan Dojo similar to Wukong.  His prime version is similar to the previous prime versions.

5. Wisp: Floaty. Her Speed Mote helps increase attack and movement speed allowing for quicker melee attacks and movement. She can be made generally as a support and attack frame if needed.

Those are what I would suggest. They are generally the go to frames for damage and speed. Loki and Volt are also good options but Loki. Volt is also a starter frame. So Volt and his prime version will probably be better.

Gauss, Nezha, and Wukong. All three are also in an incredible spot, currently.

Gauss - Speed is quite literally his thing, and all of his abilities can be activated while using his 1. His 1 is a high-speed dash, his 2 is a barrier that converts (extremely common type, but not all) incoming damage to energy, his 3 creates a damage field (tap for cold, hold for heat) that changes if his 4 is up (cold freezes, heat becomes blast), and his 4 turns him into a walking bomb at high battery. Redline (his 4) also increases all speeds, including melee, fire, reload, and holster. Usual gameplay is to pop his 2 (Kinetic Armor), pop his 4 (Redline), then run around with his 1 (Mach Rush) while leaving puddles of his 3 (Thermal Sunder) around and going to town with whatever weapon you prefer. He can also hold stuff like Datamasses, keys, etc. while using Mach Rush, making him very useful for stuff like Mobile Defense, Excavation, etc. He's a ridiculously good Jack of All Trades, with the exception that he doesn't have a method of self-healing.

Nezha - A god among frames. His 1 (Fire Walk) is a speed boost and damage trail that deals heat (which iirc can strip armor to a limited degree). His 2 (Blazing Chakram) increases the damage intake of any enemies it hits and homes in on nearby targets, and the augment for it makes it give out tons of HP and energy for Nezha and couples grossly with Equilibrium. His 3 (Warding Halo) is a powerful buff that decreases the damage you take while giving you a Slash damage aura around yourself with a relatively high status chance. His 4 (Divine Spears) is a hard-CC which locks enemies in place and stops them from firing, and any enemy hit by his Chakram while affected by the spear causes the Chakram to split into two, and this can happen theoretically infinitely in tight spaces, making him great at clearing clusters and hallways.

Wukong - His 1 creates an AI version of Wukong that will use the opposing combat type you are actively using (Melee if you have a gun equipped, guns if you have a melee equipped). His 2 is a localized stun (low-tier CC, but CC none the less) that gives him ridiculous speed, ridiculous HP regen (including for your twin), and can be used to bypass stuff like security lasers, traps, etc. His 3 (Defy) is a invincibility counter that your twin will duplicate. His 4 (Iron Staff) is an exalted weapon form that gives a stupidly powerful exalted melee weapon that your twin will use as well. (When his 4 is active, both you and the twin will be locked into Iron Staff mode for the duration, and your twin is disgustingly good at melee combat) Plus his passive gives me 3 Death Defies for every life, meaning Wukong can die up to 15 times before he can't revive anymore. (16th is permadeath)

Gauss and Nezha work well with any weapon, though Wukong's twin is famously awful at using guns.

If you want something more stealthy, you can always build & subsume a regular Octavia to Helminth, then give her Resonator to Loki in place of his Decoy. Loki is a classic stealth frame.

Wukong is so boring... not mentioned yet;

Valkyr- Hysteria makes her immortal while she has energy and she leaps into combat to slash things to death.

Mirage - fast and fun but she needs lots of dodging as she's not a tank.

Nova, Mag- both excel at controlling enemies and if used to their best can be lethal.

Wisp- has her own bonus buffs, a death ray, impossible to hit if airborne and she's crazy fast. Wisp is one of the best frames out there if you get your hands on her.

Khora- comes with her own cat, farms items and whips things to death but she can hold her own in melee brawls too especially if her cat has a Hunter mod that heals you everytime she attacks enemies for you to focus on killing stuff up close and personal

Archived