Can i let an alt account be on my dojo or is it against the rules?

(XBOX)BRUHck Obama

Question

Is it dangerous doing that?, i remember hearing how it could cause a ban.

I mainly want to add to my dojo another account because i want to experience the game from the start again and because my dojo has almost all the useful research done. The dojo was founded by me and only has 1 other member.

6 answers to this question

A moderator once told me (regarding a discussion) that alt accounts can't be in the same clan or even in the same alliance.

If an event happens for example and there is a cap of 100 points per player, a user with 2 accounts in the same clan will be able to do 2x more than any other player. Events also have diminishing results, meaning to get more points, the difficulty increases exponentially (enemy lvl for example), with 2 accounts you can achieve the same combined score way faster and way easier, which is an exploit.

If your clan is very big, with many users and you are the warlord, support may simply ban the account but in a way that it doesn't remove your position in the clan, this is very rare and i'm not entirely sure on why this is the case, but some accounts, even alts, can just get locked from use and this happens (oddly enough) on ocasion with clan warlords, this may prevent the clan from colapsing further due to the founding warlord status not transfering to another user..

If that doesn't happen, your account ceases to exist and players will be unable to check your profile anymore, some clans have colapsed due to this, player investment is nuked.

DE may also remove your scoring in events, if they figure out that users and clans are exploiting scores by using unintended or unallowed methods, scores will be wiped, so if you plan on helping your clan by using alts, it won't end well.

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 2

I believe the rules regarding alts are that the accounts do not interact in any way. Using your dojo would be a gray area but I don't think it is a problem. Basically they don't want you making alt accounts and grinding them with your main account with the intent to sell later. 

The rules about alts not interacting is a bit more strict on PC than consoles. We can't game the system with plat discounts like PC can.

That said, it's still at your own risk. Just be careful, best not to have your alts trade with each other.

AS people said: at your own risk. Rules are very vague and there is no official statement or clarification for this afaik.

I have a support ticket that states it's ok to have your different accounts in the same alliance, for example, but how valid this actually is... 

Also if you are trying to experience the game from the start isn't it cheating to have access to clan research from the get go? I personally build another dojo from scratch when I was doing a similar thing.