General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Dojo lighting broken again, by Sisters update.

The day Sisters update hit consoles, the lights in our spawnhall are displayed entirely different from what they are set as. 

The 3 lights are set by polychrome to 1-black, 2-dark brown, 3-black.  This results normaly in a fairly dark earthtone over entire room. However, since update, when you spawn into our dojo, the room is very bright, and very extremly purple. If you exit the room by teleporter or by walking completely out and then returning, the lights revert to normal. Leave the dojo, spawn back in, it is purple and bright again. We polled many people in clan, it happens with PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, and PS5. Re'polychroming the room has no effect. It happens to 98% of the people we polled, including people not in our clan. The old bug that randomly spawns you in your Rail Jack hits you, and the Drydock turns purple, same bug, self corrects by exiting and reentering room. 

The end result is everyone who visits our dojo is greeted by horrible bright purple lighting that we can't get rid of, it is hard to look at on a high-end monitor. The last update before Sisters cost us 33 polychromes to fix what you did, this time we can't fix it. Please help.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

After lots more testing, any room in dojo can have this issue, walking into and out of the sannme room multiple times has resulted in 3 or 4 different lights being applied, I have a room that was blown out bright, looked like a grey light perhaps, exit, re enter, it was bright purple, exit, re enter, it was dark reddish brown.  A hallway I tested was 4 different colors just walking in and out. It doesn't seem to be bleeding in from other rooms, as attached rooms don't have these colors either. I tried to polychrome a few rooms, because we won the dojo contest, but I can't even tell what colors will show or how often they will change. Please help.

• Like 1

The problem is room lighting is inheriting polychrome settings from rooms nearby or rooms you have loaded through. A good example is right here: 

This is something they're aware of. I don't know the exact conditions to get a room to inherit nearby poly settings, but we know it's happening at least, and so do they. They'll get it eventually. It's pain that it still exists though.

• Like 1

I know they are aware, I was told it was a low priority atm. It sucks that for the second time, we are going on display with our dojo broken by an update. It is not a well known bug, I was told to add info here so I did. I have more pics to upload, but if they are not wanted, i'll refrain.

I can say that some of the things it is doing to lighting are not coming from adjacent rooms, nor from recently visited rooms. Some of it appears to be just random colors and brightness levels. I've tested this many times.

Edited by (PSN)Dorian-Hawkmoon
  • Like 1

I'm not commenting to say you shouldn't say anything about it, I only commented to let you know they know about it, lots of people are encountering it, and we all want it to die. I'm not sure who told you it wasn't well known though.

If you're able to nail down exactly how the bug functions and reacts then by all means yeah keep posting the information because that'll speed up resolution a lot. Every instance I could find it happening though, pulled lighting from nearby rooms that were polychromed, that doesn't necessary mean that's the only way it could happen, but it's the only way I've seen it occur so far. If you get bored enough there's a dojo discord where reports like this file in and depending on the bug it gets tag teamed to figure out exactly how it works, and there's a lot more people there besides you and me who also reported this the same day it happened that can compare notes with us.

DE Janno responded to a ticket i made on this over a month ago. I was told they had no info on the bug, that it may be isolated to our dojo and was therefor low priority.

Some of the colors I can get to happen, likely are being grabbed from nearby rooms, or rooms I traveled through. However it goes beyond that. If I enter my dojo, polychromed black-brown-black, teleport to a known room with 1 attached hall, it has a vivid dark red light. The hall and rooms attached to hall, have no red lights. If I exit this room many times and reenter, I have seen at least 6 completely different light schemes, the intensity of color and brightness levels can not be set on purpose with a polychrome, only 1 instance did the lights resemble the attached hallway, and even that was overly bright by far from what can be polychromed. It could be grabbing other rooms, but not adjacent or that I traveled through, and the intensity and brightness levels it does at times are not something you can polychrome on purpose. It was fine before Sisters update, so something was changed. It acts like it can grab multiple colors from where ever, and also change intensity of color and brightness levels randomly.

If it is well known, I was told it wasn't, by DE. I'll go back to my corner, have new crayons to play with.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You might check, if you have an elevator attached to the room with light issue, it is possible the light colors are bleeding into your spawn room. This occurs in several places in our dojo. Try polychroming the elevator to what you want in spawnroom. There are 2 seperate lighting issues, one is elevators bleeding into other rooms, the other is tied to the room 'barriers' the so called red zones near doors DE 'fixed' so you can build next to doors. It is my belief the barriers on some rooms are now to close, the game doesn't seperate light from one room to the other as it should.

This gives the appearance of dragging colors from one room to the next, the barriers are to close or overlap, so there is no seperation of lights. As you travel back and forth across the barrier, light will keep settings from last room, blend both rooms together, or mess up in other ways. It appears to be a low priority for DE. The issue can be random and affect only a few roooms, it depends on your dojo layout. Some rooms are fine. I'd guess the barrier is different depending on room rotation, a 4 door room can have only 1 door with issues, or all 4 depends on what is attached, and rotation of room.

I just provide what info we tested out, you can hide some of the worst stuff polychroming rooms with issues to be very similiar to each other, so crossing the barrier doesn't show, and be polychroming elevators to the attached rooms, so the bleed over doesn't matter. I hope at least some of this will help you hide your issues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...