Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any tips to increase melee damage?

(PSN)tigagelas

Question

Hello,

Anyone have a tips for increasing melee damage? I'm using excalibur and broken war with any possible mods to increase critical damage, critical chance, status chance and base melee damage. Even though, It still felt weak when dealt with enemy level 30+++

I often look other players have more damage. Maybe any tips for newbie? If the key to damage in the mods, can you suggest which mod I should use and where to farm it?

Thank you in advance for your answer :D

Screenshot-2021-07-29-13-14-14-301-com-dScreenshot-2021-07-29-13-13-56-036-com-d

8 answers to this question

Before even starting to suggest stuff, I'd like to ask for a screenshot of your mod setup. Cause I'd like not to drop meta-uber-steel-path-5-million-credits build on a player who seems to be progressing through Uranus/Neptune judging by the enemy level you mentioned and having Broken War. Honestly I don't think you need one of those yet.

12 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

Before even starting to suggest stuff, I'd like to ask for a screenshot of your mod setup. Cause I'd like not to drop meta-uber-steel-path-5-million-credits build on a player who seems to be progressing through Uranus/Neptune judging by the enemy level you mentioned and having Broken War. Honestly I don't think you need one of those yet.

LoL. Sorry sorry. I just updated the question with screenshot. :D Thank you

First of all props for knowing what you actually equip on your weapons. And yes, they are really good mods for increasing damage at your level.

Broken war is a darn good weapon as well. So probably you haven't upgrade those mods? Max them out, broken war should have the capacity.

Other thing that i can think of is probably you're using the "flawed" version of those mods. They have crack on the picture, and doesn't give as much bonus even if you max them out.

You're on good track, mate.

========

Also props for commenter above me for being very considerate and not just drop some stupid high level builds. This forum need more people like you.

56 минут назад, (PSN)medical_knight2 сказал:

Hello,

Anyone have a tips for increasing melee damage? I'm using excalibur and broken war with any possible mods to increase critical damage, critical chance, status chance and base melee damage. Even though, It still felt weak when dealt with enemy level 30+++

I often look other players have more damage. Maybe any tips for newbie? If the key to damage in the mods, can you suggest which mod I should use and where to farm it?

Thank you in advance for your answer :D

Screenshot-2021-07-29-13-14-14-301-com-d

Well first of all, you don’t have “90 elemental damage” mods, and those are very important. Melee prowess and lasting sting are trash mods, reflex coil is trash if you not buikd specifically fir heavy attack (Broken war don’t really worth it, and as new player you don’t really need to), true punishment is also poop. So you see? -4 mods, no wonder why you have problems there, lol. Stick all elemental damage mods(60/60 or 90, either will work), maybe Quickening for attack speed and you will be fine. 

36 минут назад, (PSN)medical_knight2 сказал:

I just updated the question with screenshot

Ok, so first questionable thing I see is Reflex Coil. Unless you constantly dump your combo counter on heavy attacks you don't gain much from this mod. If you are not using heavies at all, then the mod is useless. It just allows you to not loose all the counter on heavy attack.

Same goes for True Punishment. If you are not using heavies, hell even if you use those, this mod is a pain in the ass. You have bas combo duration of 5 seconds, -50% of that and your combo basically doesn't exist.

Considering you have only cold elemental on the build Lasting Sting can maybe be of use. Longer slow duration. Otherwise it's a questionable mod, most status effects have base duration of 6 seconds, which is in general enough to take advantage of the proc. Same for Melee Prowess, 20% base status on fairly quick sword is ok.

Fever Strike is the number one you can replace any of those with. Not only it is damage, but combining it with your Vicious Frost you get Viral damage, procing which increases damage done to affected target. Also try to get heat damage mods: Molten Impact (+90) or Volcanic Edge (+60+status). Heat procs remove some armor, apply dot and also some mild cc.

Also you can try to get yourself Reach (you probably have one already) for range and Fury for attack speed

49 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

First of all props for knowing what you actually equip on your weapons. And yes, they are really good mods for increasing damage at your level.

Broken war is a darn good weapon as well. So probably you haven't upgrade those mods? Max them out, broken war should have the capacity.

Other thing that i can think of is probably you're using the "flawed" version of those mods. They have crack on the picture, and doesn't give as much bonus even if you max them out.

You're on good track, mate.

========

Also props for commenter above me for being very considerate and not just drop some stupid high level builds. This forum need more people like you.

I see. Thank you for your response. It give me confidence a bit. :D

29 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

Well first of all, you don’t have “90 elemental damage” mods, and those are very important. Melee prowess and lasting sting are trash mods, reflex coil is trash if you not buikd specifically fir heavy attack (Broken war don’t really worth it, and as new player you don’t really need to), true punishment is also poop. So you see? -4 mods, no wonder why you have problems there, lol. Stick all elemental damage mods(60/60 or 90, either will work), maybe Quickening for attack speed and you will be fine. 

Actually, I like to jump and heavy landing. :D But I understand your point. Thank you

15 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

Ok, so first questionable thing I see is Reflex Coil. Unless you constantly dump your combo counter on heavy attacks you don't gain much from this mod. If you are not using heavies at all, then the mod is useless. It just allows you to not loose all the counter on heavy attack.

Same goes for True Punishment. If you are not using heavies, hell even if you use those, this mod is a pain in the ass. You have bas combo duration of 5 seconds, -50% of that and your combo basically doesn't exist.

Considering you have only cold elemental on the build Lasting Sting can maybe be of use. Longer slow duration. Otherwise it's a questionable mod, most status effects have base duration of 6 seconds, which is in general enough to take advantage of the proc. Same for Melee Prowess, 20% base status on fairly quick sword is ok.

Fever Strike is the number one you can replace any of those with. Not only it is damage, but combining it with your Vicious Frost you get Viral damage, procing which increases damage done to affected target. Also try to get heat damage mods: Molten Impact (+90) or Volcanic Edge (+60+status). Heat procs remove some armor, apply dot and also some mild cc.

Also you can try to get yourself Reach (you probably have one already) for range and Fury for attack speed

I like heavy landing a bit much. :D But thank you for the explanation. It gave me a lot insights. :D

1 час назад, (PSN)medical_knight2 сказал:

I like heavy landing a bit much. :D

Can't forbid you doing that, having a lot of flying enemies around is fun after all. 

But still True Punishment, Melee Prowess and Lasting Sting are not giving you much if anything at all. Reflex Coil will allow to not loose all counter on the slam, yet it depends on how often you do this attack if this mod will give you any benefit.

1 hour ago, (PSN)medical_knight2 said:

I see. Thank you for your response. It give me confidence a bit. :D

No problem, mate.

Also your build is not "wrong" whatsoever (nothing is wrong against lv30-40 enemies) just need to be upgraded, start saving endo & credits to upgrade your mods like i said, you'll be absolutely fine.

Pressure point, true steel, organ shatter are good stuff. You might want to start with them. Iron phoenix is a good stance, and steel charge you will use until the end so max them as well.

Vicious frost is also good. But pair it with some toxin mods to get viral. Slash+viral destroys normal starchart.

The rest of the mods, like others have said, you can switch them with whatever. As long as the essential mods are maxed you'll do great.

Archived