So I managed to last 30 minutes in mot... Using Yareli. Here's my continued notes on the frame.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

It was rough. 

Before I complain, I just wanna say that I love the short invulnerability you get when Marilina dies. Noice. 

It took r5 arcanes, galvanized mods, a riven, adaptaion, and more. Sounds good right? Wrong. I went out and forma frenzied kulstar, which was able to have a crit build with Yareli's passive. I tried to make her survivable on Marilina... She barely hangs in there. I was constantly dropping into operator form to survive fatal damage. "Why didn't you use a helminth ability? Why didn't you use a meta weapon?" BECAUSE I WANTED TO THINK THAT YARELI MIGHT HAVE EVEN ONE GOID ABILITY... Which would be her 1... Because it can stop a few enemies I guess... omg

[edit] This was done in steel path. 

Adding to your test:

While I didn't test her intensively like you did, I can confirm it was a nightmare to rank her up. I struggled to stay alive in lower level missions than Mot.
Her 1 is a joke. I could shoot the enemies and kill them faster than that.
Her 2 is cool, but doesn't stay alive long enough to matter and it's hard to control in narrow spaces (which is most missions in Warframe).
Her 3 is her best ability in my opinion, but it's still doesn't scale well into high level missions. Also, one wandering nullifier is enough to screw up this ability.
Her 4 is not good. It kills low level enemies, but it scales off to high level missions even worse than her 3. The damage is not high enough to kill and while it gathers enemies in one place, they are still a little too scattered in my taste.
Her passive is nice, but it will be better with a little delay whenever Yareli stops moving. Just 1 or 2 seconds delay is enough to make this passive incredible.

For those of you who are about to say that by switching one of her abilities with another ability will make her strong, you're just proving OP's point that Yareli's kit is bad. Yareli shouldn't rely on Helminth to make her strong, like any other warframe in the game. Yareli need to be strong without it and Helminth just gives different ways to play.

3 hours ago, Kel_Silonius said:

why you didn't feed her to helminth yet? i mean it's obvious she is useless for anything but making a heart with her hands.

You can earn vent's standing without open world... It's something.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

adaptaion, and more.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

survivable on Marilina

But with Vitality or something?

5 hours ago, FrostedMike said:

Adding to your test:

While I didn't test her intensively like you did, I can confirm it was a nightmare to rank her up. I struggled to stay alive in lower level missions than Mot.
Her 1 is a joke. I could shoot the enemies and kill them faster than that.
Her 2 is cool, but doesn't stay alive long enough to matter and it's hard to control in narrow spaces (which is most missions in Warframe).
Her 3 is her best ability in my opinion, but it's still doesn't scale well into high level missions. Also, one wandering nullifier is enough to screw up this ability.
Her 4 is not good. It kills low level enemies, but it scales off to high level missions even worse than her 3. The damage is not high enough to kill and while it gathers enemies in one place, they are still a little too scattered in my taste.
Her passive is nice, but it will be better with a little delay whenever Yareli stops moving. Just 1 or 2 seconds delay is enough to make this passive incredible.

For those of you who are about to say that by switching one of her abilities with another ability will make her strong, you're just proving OP's point that Yareli's kit is bad. Yareli shouldn't rely on Helminth to make her strong, like any other warframe in the game. Yareli need to be strong without it and Helminth just gives different ways to play.

The purpose of the 1 is CC.  I don't think it's supposed to kill enemies by itself.

I agree with you about the passive grace period after you stop moving.  At least it's not as FoMO inducing as Zephyr's 1 augment though.  And even without any changes (even before it got buffed), her passive was still probably the best passive in the game, except for maybe Wisp, Protea, and Limbo.

14 hours ago, Kel_Silonius said:

why you didn't feed her to helminth yet? i mean it's obvious she is useless for anything but making a heart with her hands.

I did that with mine right after building her.  No missions, upgrades, or anything. Straight to the tentacles with you....

But I did have a second set already building. So I think I will at least try her out.  

She is the first frame I destroyed without playing though.

11 часов назад, quxier сказал:

What do you mean it's painful to look at her? She is ok, like probably most frames.

My man, operator being a teenager is traumatizing enough for me, but in the case of warframe we can do alt skins, tennogen, buy different animations etc. etc.

But with this particular frame is just can't see me playing it, i despise k-drive, i find all of her abilities mediocre at best even for a starchart level. It is the worst waframe in 8 years.

18 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

But with this particular frame is just can't see me playing it, i despise k-drive, i find all of her abilities mediocre at best even for a starchart level. It is the worst waframe in 8 years.

so....is this masochism? 

you going to a thread about her where people WILL talk about her...oooorrr....are you trying to let people drop her to...i dunno, hope that DE forgets about her and she dies in the roaster? do you have that much free time? 

You have to helmint real CC abilty on her, like Breach surge (and no you still cant use helminted skills from kdrive) and take your OP AOE weapon of choice if you want to play her at high level and rank up quickly  - I did Sedna Steel path with no issues.

Her own kit is a blunder and needs overall rework and fixes to even work.  I only find 1 to be of use as a quick CC.

3 minutes ago, Monolake said:

Her own kit is a blunder and needs overall rework and fixes to even work.

I disagree, her 1 is almost perfect.

the only thing i would change about it is by just making the number of bubbles scale on the strenght of Yareli, kinda like Nekros's 4.

The 2 is a good ability to take very little to no damage.

the only thing i would change about it is making it exalted, giving me the possibility of putting the K-drive mods in it. 

(besides, it would be an incentive to actualy lvl the ventkids up) and change the speed in wich Merulina goes in normal missions, in an open wolrd it can go as fast as it already is, in a normal mission? a bit too fast to manage it propely.

i mean...you can with a bit of experience but it would make her 2 more viable for more people. 

her 3 needs the most help imho. 

the slash proc doesn't do much, the CC that makes is good but it gets ruined by the actual range of the ability. 

so...i'd either double the range or just making it like a "normal" glaive that goes to an enemy to stun it and proc slash.

a buff on the damage on her 3 would be good too, i get that she's a purely CC frame but one skill should have a bit of damage. 

Her 4 is actualy good as it is, the only thing i would change is by making the "ball" last at least 1 to 2 seconds before exploding, most enemies don't have time to get pulled into the ball before it explodes. 

another thing that could help her is by making the cryo damage actualy slow down enemies, right now it's just pure elemental damage, it has no effect on gameplay other than just giving her elemental skills. 

3 hours ago, Kel_Silonius said:

My man, operator being a teenager is traumatizing enough for me, but in the case of warframe we can do alt skins, tennogen, buy different animations etc. etc.

If you are that sensitive... then I have no words for you.

3 hours ago, Monolake said:

You have to helmint real CC abilty on her, like Breach surge (and no you still cant use helminted skills from kdrive) and take your OP AOE weapon of choice if you want to play her at high level and rank up quickly  - I did Sedna Steel path with no issues.

Her own kit is a blunder and needs overall rework and fixes to even work.  I only find 1 to be of use as a quick CC.

Then you're playing Breach Surge, not Yareli.  Ideally, a frame would be functional in a wide range of content and levels without the need for Helminth support.  But with Yareli's current state, that simply isn't the case.

6 hours ago, Kel_Silonius said:

It is the worst waframe in 8 years.

I have only played this game for a few years, but she is easily the worst and weakest frame on release I have ever seen.  I've seen some people compare her to Xaku, but Xaku's release state still had scaling damage and defense stripping.  I think Yareli needs more than number tweaks to be effective and enjoyable.  And I worry that her effectiveness is going to be dependent on the eventual reworks of current, cramped tilesets.  We get, what, a single tileset reworked every 1.5-2 years, right?  It's going to be a long time before K Drive is viable in normal missions.

Edit: I'm also not in love with how in that Polygon interview Rebecca played off Merulina in normal tilesets as being largely dependent on practice and player skill.  Certainly that's part of it.  Just like I know which tiles I should press 5 and void dash through and which I shouldn't, due to being too cramped, I might eventually learn when and where to use Merulina best.  But Merulina is Yareli's best defense.  We should be able to use her more effectively wherever we want.

11 hours ago, Monolake said:

Only proving OP's point.
It doesn't matter what Helminth ability is good on her, what matters is her base kit on it's own. As of now, it's not good.

48 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

So Yareli can do 30 minutes of lvl 150 enemies with stats x2. She must be really bad then.

You can do this with any frame in the game if you know what you're doing and take advantage of the systems and mechanics open to all/most frames.  That doesn't mean the frame is good.

• Yareli is bad because her abilities don't scale. 
  • Yareli is bad because she depends upon an unmoddable K Drive to stay alive, and most tiles were not built to accommodate K Drives. 
  • Yareli is bad because her kit doesn't bring anything to the table besides watered down CC and clunky mobility. 
  • Yareli is bad because she was released with what must have been very little testing done; she's the most underbaked frame I've ever seen. 
  • Yareli is bad because her abilities are some of the most mod-resistant abilities in the game, reducing player customization and options. 
  • Yareli is bad because if you take full advantage of what makes her unique (Merulina), you are going to wind up banging your head against walls and falling through cracks in level geometry.

She's cute.  Her quest was fun (gasp), with only a few minor frustrations throughout.  I like her sound effects and visual effects.  Her passive is very good, and her 1 is fine.  But she's still a bad frame.  I would say she's currently the worst frame, because at least Hydroid has supportive utility with his augments.

1 minute ago, sunderthefirmament said:

You can do this with any frame in the game if you know what you're doing and take advantage of the systems and mechanics open to all/most frames.  That doesn't mean the frame is good.

• Yareli is bad because her abilities don't scale. 
  • Yareli is bad because she depends upon an unmoddable K Drive to stay alive, and most tiles were not built to accommodate K Drives. 
  • Yareli is bad because her kit doesn't bring anything to the table besides watered down CC and clunky mobility. 
  • Yareli is bad because she was released with what must have been very little testing done; she's the most underbaked frame I've ever seen. 
  • Yareli is bad because her abilities are some of the most mod-resistant abilities in the game, reducing player customization and options. 
  • Yareli is bad because if you take full advantage of what makes her unique (Merulina), you are going to wind up banging your head against walls and falling through cracks in level geometry.

She's cute.  Her quest was fun (gasp), with only a few minor frustrations throughout.  I like her sound effects and visual effects.  Her passive is very good, and her 1 is fine.  But she's still a bad frame.  I would say she's currently the worst frame, because at least Hydroid has supportive utility with his augments.

Thing is, 80% of the content is level 40 or lower. She's fine throughout almost any part of the game. Also, do people really play 1 single frame for EVERYTHING? Haha. That's funny.

You sound like a broken record. I've read the exact same things in other topics/posts. And I've read a lot of these for almost any other frame too. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm not the least bit interested in Yareli. I just find the salt very very entertaining.

This is a bit ranty, so skip to the tl;dr at the bottom if you want.

57 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

So Yareli can do 30 minutes of lvl 150 enemies with stats x2. She must be really bad then.

To qualify that, every other frame can do this without struggle, without meta weapons, and go beyond that time easily with the right builds. Some frames can get to 30 minutes with just one ability for their survival (such as CC or Damage reduction) and a decent melee build.

Struggling to do this, dropping into Operator mode to constantly avoid fatal damage, as the OP said, is pretty troubling. Yareli can't even use the same melee tactics as the other frames if you use her 2.

Yareli isn't bad, specifically. It's that what's good about her is so very, very limited.

Her CC takes three casts to achieve its maximum effectiveness, self-destructs if it hits a wall (and because it seeks enemies through walls, this happens a lot), and has absolutely no benefits that other CCs have to offset this kind of limitation.

Her damage has absolutely no viable scaling, despite efforts to make it do so with 'the more enemies in range, the more damage it can deal', which only scales to around the mid-30's of play if you're against non-armoured enemies. It can scale a little higher on Infestation, due to higher spawns and pure Health types, but that's about it.

Her survivability is supposedly decent with a base of 75% on Merulina, but Merulina has no DR itself, so will die very quickly, even if Yareli does not. You can't even mod the poor thing with regular K-drive mods to get slightly better effects...

It's just kind of funny that, as far as base abilities go, DE have deliberately included none of the ways that they have used on almost all of the other recent frames to make them function.

Think about the run they've had up to this point:

Spoiler

Sevagoth has life steal and CC in one ability, has damage boosting over an area with another, and his other half of his kit has a CC that deliberately plays into high melee damage, while having survivability and damage boosting built into that part of the kit too.

Lavos has life steal and high base survivability, functional damage type switching for priming, support and self-buffing, area CC and area Damage all in his kit, with a little mobility too. 

Xaku has massive armour and shield stripping, personal survivability, CC that also creates aggro-thralls, damage buffing, and scaling damage with optional enemy debuffing to that specific damage type.

Protea has personal survivability, ramping damage, team and personal support with energy and health gain, a quasi-invulnerability function and even more ramping damage in her passive.

While Grendel is not considered a great frame, he has some surprising strengths in his CC and Damage potential, plus he can be a tanky boi with self-healing.

Gauss is literally one of the best put-together frames out of the box that has been designed, having a bit of everything and doing each of those things really well once his abilities are running.

Wisp is undeniable in the power of her first three abilities, and having a dud 4th is not a great drawback.

Hildryn, again, incredibly survivable, strips defenses to add to herself, team support with a wide-area CC that spawns energy, and even her 1 hits so hard that when you combine it with her defense strip functions she almost never runs out of damage, or Shields...

Baruuk seemed strange out of the box, but when people found you could ignore Duration on him to max Efficiency instead, you could combine his defensive abilities for massive damage reduction and survivability, spam his CC cast for slow and sleep and combine the three to build his 4 constantly, meaning that you could use one of the highest-damaging melee abilities in the game infinitely.

Garuda needed tweaking, and takes a bit to understand, but once you do get her going, she need never die, has a combo that can nuke almost infinitely with Bleed procs (although that's not so good on Shields anymore), and can even keep her team alive. Plus she has an infinite energy combo, unlike a lot of other frames.

And the only one that needed some significant changes or buffs was Revenant, who had the problem of the team changing his focus from being a Vampire frame with Eidolon visuals to an actual Eidolon-based frame. But even before that he had decent survivability, a room-clearing ability, an infinite-scaling kill combo, and could CC and create aggro-thralls... so he wasn't as bad as he could have been.

Before that, Khora, Gara, Harrow, Octavia, Nidus...

Titania has had reworks recently to make her incredible, but before that she was still high-damage and had functional CC.

Inaros is functionally boring, but immortal, when built and played right.

Nezha was a mini-rhino and players liked him well enough for being fast and having good CC, but now he's had an amazing rework to make him one of the top tier frames. 

Ivara is still amazing, with survivability, CC, Damage and loot.

Wukong was what Inaros has become, almost completely un-killable if built right, while boring for the most part, the ability to not die was incredibly useful at the time. His rework has since made him so good that he was the stand-out most-used frame of 2020,

The last frame to be so under-whelming on arrival was Atlas. Back in 2015. Because all he did was low damage, raise a little wall, CC some enemies in a way that made them immune to Status and so prevented players from scaling properly against them at higher level, and summon minions that had crappy AI and could not draw aggro away from defense points.

He's now acceptable since they gave his 1 melee-mod scaling, the recast-scaling and multiplied damage against Petrified enemies. They still haven't fixed his little wall, but his CC has a loot augment and enemies are now able to be damaged properly with Status so there's no down-side to that, it also generates his new passive Rubble to give him self-healing and better survivability. Atlas fans have some very good reasons to be his fans now.

If you look back, DE has had an amazing run of functional and unique frames that all can scale their kit up in some way to make it effective (at what it does) against every level of the game.

Heck, the reworks to the older frames have given them the same thing, with frames like Vauban, Zephyr and Ember now having kits that are way more viable than they used to be. Say what you want about these frames compared to others, that they're less effective or lesser choices than other frames. But all of them are so far above the base-line that Yareli has set.

Yareli drops into game with some surprising problems, compared to all of those other frames.

Heck, even her more reliable damage cast, Aqua Blades (which, with a viral primer, can do some impressive Bleeds) has this weird problem where, if you listen and watch carefully, they only apply three instances of damage, then pause, and apply three more again to each enemy. When you're in a crowd it's not noticeable, but DE have actually limited the damage capability of an already-low-damage ability...

It's just...

Strange.

It's strange that Yareli doesn't have functions like other frames do.

Her comic even shows her getting run to ground and defeated by a Grineer mid-boss, not even a proper Boss enemy, and needing help from the people she saved before she can even kill the bugger.

It's like she was completely designed to not be capable of the things that 46 other Warframes can do.

tl;dr

If you're not interested in Yareli, why do you think there's all this feedback about her?

I'm not being facetious here, I genuinely want to know. If you actually think about the frame, compare and contrast her with other warframes, why do you think people are actually finding her to be disappointing?

It's not because the majority of the game is under level 40, because those parts of the game genuinely aren't important in terms of this discussion. The parts of the game that actually drop good Loot all start at level 80.

So why can't Yareli compete with other frames at those levels?

6 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

If you're not interested in Yareli, why do you think there's all this feedback about her?

You must be new. People here cry over everything. DE has stated that their way of releasing things is deliberately underpowered because buffing things receives better feedback than nerfing things. This tactic is to appease the cry babies that cannot handle nerfs and land into real life depressions.

7 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

The parts of the game that actually drop good Loot all start at level 80.

What loot?

Archived