Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the damage bonus from the Primary and Secondary arcanes additive or multiplicative?

Kammakazi

Question

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Kammakazi said:

Is that 360% damage increase, adding on top of Serration/Hornet Strike? 165% + 360% = 525% damage?

Is it now viable to not run Serration/Hornet Strike anymore?

Yes, it's additive with base damage mods and yes, it's viable not to run them anymore.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I thought that was already common knowledge and shows how hopeless the community is if were making tutorials about bane mods 8 years later lol.

The game makes zero effort to explain this to the player :/.

I only learned about it 1 and year ago or so after watching a couple of build videos (not something I'd do commonly)

On 2021-07-29 at 3:36 AM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I thought that was already common knowledge and shows how hopeless the community is if were making tutorials about bane mods 8 years later lol.

to be fair, stuff only becomes "common knowledge" after a youtuber finds out about it years late :P 

Otherwise you usually find out about this kind of stuff yourself or by sifting through/participating in much arguing on the forums.

2 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

to be fair, stuff only becomes "common knowledge" after a youtuber find out about in years late :P 

Otherwise you usually find out about this kind of stuff yourself or by sifting through/participating in much arguing on the forums.

Not at all, actually. It's a 1:30 second Google search. But I get it, reading and typing is hard.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Not at all, actually. It's a 1:30 second Google search. But I get it, reading and typing is hard.

As far as im concerned, needing to google it is no different then watching a youtubers vid, except that the youtuber will actively bring the information to the masses (for better or worse).

5 часов назад, (PSN)Madurai-Prime сказал:

this game depends on a wiki, because in-game there is absolutely no explanation how things work. You know this? Good, somebody else might not.

But the point of the video is to give a perspecive to players, that we now have 1 free slot which we may use as we see fit. Be it Bane mod, riven, + damage mod etc. we have a very tiny choice now.

1 minute ago, Kel_Silonius said:

this game depends on a wiki, because in-game there is absolutely no explanation how things work. You know this? Good, somebody else might not.

But the point of the video is to give a perspecive to players, that we now have 1 free slot which we may use as we see fit. Be it Bane mod, riven, + damage mod etc. we have a very tiny choice now.

Or you can supplement one area via abilities, specters, teammate buffs etc.

Archived