Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Environmental Hazard - Fog!

NoeleVeerod

I just finished replying to a thread about a bug: it caused thick fog to obscure vision in the Orokin Derelicts.

I was thinking that would be an idea. I realize fog on a spaceship doesn't make sense, however it would find a place on outpost/settlement levels, as well as spaceships heavily altered by organic lifeforms (well... the Infestation, basically).

It wouldn't pose that much of a threat, aside from not being able to see beyond a certain distance. Fog might even be so thick that finding your way through would be hard if you didn't check your map. Locating enemies wouldn't be as troublesome, as you can just point at the fog until you see a health bar.

Opinions?

unless they add an option to turn off particles this would be bad everyone with an old videocard would lag 

actually, fog, like Fog Of War in RTS's, would lower your system load because a large amount of the game you have rendered already, would not be loaded anymore, because you can't see it. 

provided you're running DX11 though, DX9 isn't that good about only rendering what will be seen. 'cause it's old. 

and provided the fog isn't just like, smoke effects being spammed around the map and deleted as you move. because that would be ew. 

I just finished replying to a thread about a bug: it caused thick fog to obscure vision in the Orokin Derelicts.

I was thinking that would be an idea. I realize fog on a spaceship doesn't make sense, however it would find a place on outpost/settlement levels, as well as spaceships heavily altered by organic lifeforms (well... the Infestation, basically).

It wouldn't pose that much of a threat, aside from not being able to see beyond a certain distance. Fog might even be so thick that finding your way through would be hard if you didn't check your map. Locating enemies wouldn't be as troublesome, as you can just point at the fog until you see a health bar.

Opinions?

I'd like to see this, as long as enemies would have a reduced range for seeing players.

Once alerted, their accuracy is reduced when firing at targets outside that range.

Main concern is if it's not the Fog-of-War (Reduced-Render fog), then having heavy fog in an area would really cause issues with those of us that have low-mid end graphic cards (be it embedded or otherwise). As it is with an Intel HD 4000 I can manage, but the moment I hit a room that's floating around particles and obscure vision, down goes my FPS from 50 to  8 or 9.

So, yes to Fog-Of-War. No to actual heavy fog.

Main concern is if it's not the Fog-of-War (Reduced-Render fog), then having heavy fog in an area would really cause issues with those of us that have low-mid end graphic cards (be it embedded or otherwise). As it is with an Intel HD 4000 I can manage, but the moment I hit a room that's floating around particles and obscure vision, down goes my FPS from 50 to  8 or 9.

So, yes to Fog-Of-War. No to actual heavy fog.

Its okay that you can't buy a better comp, but its almost like you don't want....Assassin's Creed 4 to come out because your comp wouldn't be able to handle it. Don't try to hinder improvements or good ideas because you lack computer capability, just sayin'.