Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AzzyWhite1221

Question

I'm a newbie and I had created my own dojo, to get some blueprint. After I build some room like research room, nothing can be done. There is no option for me to create blueprint etc.

Then I leave my own dojo, which i didnt have dojo rn, kinda silly. Any tips for dojo, i prefer to join someones dojo. Thanks btw.

8 answers to this question

Unfortunately, making your own clan is the thing no new player should attempt to do single handedly. That will require A LOT of resources you better spend elsewhere. 

I assume what happened was that you built not the laboratory itself but the oracle which allows you to build labs. Also you should keep in mind that a plan of sorts is needed. Dojo has energy system: rooms take energy, reactors give it. So you should balance what you build in what order.

Also you not just create blueprints, you research stuff first (requires some resources), then when research is complete you can replicate a blueprint for credits. Yet again I'd like to stress out that as a new player you really shouldn't be concerned with clan tech, you have a lot of weapon/frames to get from market and bosses around the system.

If you still want those clan BPs, then you can try to hang around in recruitment chat in game. There are always people advertising their clans and looking for recruits.

11 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

Unfortunately, making your own clan is the thing no new player should attempt to do single handedly. That will require A LOT of resources you better spend elsewhere. 

I assume what happened was that you built not the laboratory itself but the oracle which allows you to build labs. Also you should keep in mind that a plan of sorts is needed. Dojo has energy system: rooms take energy, reactors give it. So you should balance what you build in what order.

Also you not just create blueprints, you research stuff first (requires some resources), then when research is complete you can replicate a blueprint for credits. Yet again I'd like to stress out that as a new player you really shouldn't be concerned with clan tech, you have a lot of weapon/frames to get from market and bosses around the system.

If you still want those clan BPs, then you can try to hang around in recruitment chat in game. There are always people advertising their clans and looking for recruits.

well I started House Markaneth at MR5; built Dojo then later restructured it to suit a base lab- it's now 4 floors. Always dislike hearing those putting it down.

Everything else is right; need a plan and you need to really keep at it but when starting a Dojo it doesn't matter if MR2 or MR Legendary2, still requires a plan of attack

1 hour ago, Darth_Predator said:

While it is the path less taken and does require a lot of work, I built my own (very spartan) dojo as a new player and it worked out alright.  Aside from most of the colors, I think I'm only missing a small handful of research items?  I agree that a good plan of attack is optimal, but since they refund all build costs when you destroy a room, only build time is truly wasted if you make a mistake.

Planning out the Dojo helps a lot.  Even though destroying rooms gives all resources back, it can be a huge time sink if you don't get it the way you want it.

I recommend this tool.
https://buff0000n.github.io/dojocad/?v=2,0,0,0&mz=BYRgNADJ0UA

But if dojo building isn't your thing and you'd just like to join a clan, why not check out the Discord?  Clans are recruiting all the time.

https://discord.com/invite/playwarframe

@MqToasty  @(PSN)Claudija

Ok, let me elaborate then. I understand that me discouraging people from doing solo clan this early may seem to you as something wrong given that both of you successfully walked this path.

When you don't know anything, when you don't have resources and have no idea where to farm those, while you have no weapons and yet need those little resources you have to craft other stuff... I hold an opinion that a new player should spend whatever resources available on crafting gear available at marketplace. It is possible to do otherwise, yes, I have 2 accounts and did build a dojo by myself on my second one, including the god forsaken process of researching Hema. It is easier now, than back in the dark ages of oldschool warframe, that's true. Is it enjoyable for a newbie? Depends on a person. Apparently you have a certain mindset and are willing to spend some time on doing research and doing some work to achieve something. Warframe is confusing to a new player and tend to explain nothing, unfortunately people don't like to ask for help - this is internet after all, trolls are everywhere including region/q&a chats.

I've seen a number people starting their own clans, being always starved on resources and plainly leaving the game cause of inability to keep up with the grind. I've seen people immediately building barracks and upping theirs clan up to Storm tier and painfully building a dojo with that multiplier by themselves cause no one wanted to join rank 0 clan. I've seen people ranting about needing too much forma to build stuff and being forced to buy those with plat. I believe you too can remember seeing something alike. That's the other reason I firmly believe a person need to at least get some understanding of the game and how to get resources needed before starting a clan. Or this should be done together with friends. Especially considering that clan research blueprints are not that mandatory, having volt/banshee/wukong/zephyr is nice, having archwing launcher is more than nice, but that can be worked around by joining some other clan.

It seemed to me that OP will need some time to get familiar with the game. Looks like they are just overwhelmed a bit with information and lack of directions provided. Thus I think it is for the better to make a stockpile of resources and at least get the idea of what they actually want in the game, make some priorities, maybe find some people to build clan together. You are still free to disagree though.

30 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

@MqToasty  @(PSN)Claudija

Ok, let me elaborate then. I understand that me discouraging people from doing solo clan this early may seem to you as something wrong given that both of you successfully walked this path.

When you don't know anything, when you don't have resources and have no idea where to farm those, while you have no weapons and yet need those little resources you have to craft other stuff... I hold an opinion that a new player should spend whatever resources available on crafting gear available at marketplace. It is possible to do otherwise, yes, I have 2 accounts and did build a dojo by myself on my second one, including the god forsaken process of researching Hema. It is easier now, then back in the dark ages of oldschool warframe, that's true. Is it enjoyable for a newbie? Depends on a person. Apparently you have a certain mindset and are willing to spend some time on doing research and doing some work to achieve something. Warframe is confusing to a new player and tend to explain nothing, unfortunately people don't like to ask for help - this is internet after all, trolls are everywhere including region/q&a chats.

I've seen a number people starting their own clans, being always starved on resources and plainly leaving the game cause of inability to keep up with the grind. I've seen people immediately building barracks and upping theirs clan up to Storm tier and painfully building a dojo with that multiplier by themselves cause no one wanted to join rank 0 clan. I've seen people ranting about needing too much forma to build stuff and being forced to buy those with plat. I believe you too can remember seeing something alike. That's the other reason I firmly believe a person need to at least get some understanding of the game and how to get resources needed before starting a clan. Or this should be done together with friends. Especially considering that clan research blueprints are not that mandatory, having volt/banshee/wukong/zephyr is nice, having archwing launcher is more than nice, but that can be worked around by joining some other clan.

It seemed to me that OP will need some time to get familiar with the game. Looks like they are just overwhelmed a bit with information and lack of directions provided. Thus I think it is for the better to make a stockpile of resources and at least get the idea of what they actually want in the game, make some priorities, maybe find some people to build clan together. You are still free to disagree though.

I see your point and agree with you.  The dojo (research requirements) were designed for multiplayer and it would suck a lot for a new player to unwittingly go down that path.  I did some research beforehand and sort of knew what I was getting myself into, so I have no regrets.  But if someone told me, "Oh it's easy!  Everyone goes it alone!" and I started my own dojo because of them, then I probably would be cursing their name.

20 hours ago, MqToasty said:

I see your point and agree with you.  The dojo (research requirements) were designed for multiplayer and it would suck a lot for a new player to unwittingly go down that path.  I did some research beforehand and sort of knew what I was getting myself into, so I have no regrets.  But if someone told me, "Oh it's easy!  Everyone goes it alone!" and I started my own dojo because of them, then I probably would be cursing their name.

I always say when asked; I did build mine alone however I don't advise it unless you really have a plan and direction. I built mine randomly, then learned about dead ends and so on; found a lab Dojo template then took a month restructuring it. Come floor 1 that has the Dry Dock, Trading Center etc. I was much more aware of room sizes, floor spacing, accounting for possible future expansions. It took two years to get it where it is. Luckily my Clanmates have been helping with Researching and we're staying as Ghost as it's the most cost-effective means to undertake any research- I still do give a balanced view to anyone who asks about Clans, Clan management and Dojo queries so they decide themselves if they really feel they're ready to follow you and I making their own, joining another to just learn how it works etc.

Yup. just join for now bro. See if there's someone recruiting in the Recruiting Tab. PM that player and ask if there's any requirement for getting in.

Beside the fact of having free dojo stuff from that clan, you'll kinda get a vibe of what to do when you start your own clan.

It'll be easier to build your own clan in the future where you'll be swimming with extra resources after you finish up with your own stuff.

Archived