Facing the wrong way...why?

(PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk

Question

7 answers to this question

DE are trolling us?

I know when ever I do a mission on Lua with the platform with no rail I'm always facing out into space or standing in space with nothing under my feet so if I move an inch in the wrong direction oops, it's got me a couple of times, spawn in start to move, then plunge to my demise then respawn.

wile-e-coyote.jpg

Edited by Slayer-.
  • Like 1

I find that it kind of depends on the stage.  I cannot even remember what the "back" of the starting room looks like on Jupiter, for example.  Also depends on whether you spawn in after the mission has started or with the squad in the beginning, I think.  But barring a definitive answer from DE, I think @Slayer-.'s answer is the best we've got to go with...  🤣

• Like 1

Keep you on your toes. Tenno has to be prepared at all times. Never know when the Stalker, a Syndicate Invasion, or Host Migration may occur. I hear in some Steel Path missions, they start you spawned upside down as well as turned around, and then everything in the map is also reversed and flipped... so you are actually facing the right way... twisted stuff really! 

5 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

When you start missions, you sometimes spawn in facing away from the objective. When you enter a boss room, the cutscene deposits you facing as if to exit the room like the boss has frightened you. Why is this?

I've always wondered about this. There is one Grineer tileset that has a starting room with a pipe in the back. Sometimes the objective is in front of you, sometimes it's through the pipe. I can't count the number of times I've taken off from a mission start, only to realise that I'm going the wrong way and have to back-track. Bonus points if the rest of the team follows you 😁

The boss cut scenes just don't make sense. I run into the room ready to fight, cut scene plays, suddenly I'm facing the door? Frankly, I wish there was a way to disable at least some cut scenes - especially the ones I've seen a hundred times before (I'm looking at you Phorid!)

• Like 1

I've seen this issue since before 2017. You're facing north. You transfer into your operator then back out again. You're NOT facing north. You get a cutscene... you're no longer facing where you were before the cutscene / transfer / enter or exit anything.

It's just gotten so much worse this year for some reason. I'd get this issue in 2020 maybe once a week and I'd put it down to lag. Now I get this every mission whenever I do the above regardless if I'm hosting or not.

Doing the RJ missions Sister/Lich guarantees I'll get this at least 4 times in the mission every since DEy 'fixed' the cinematics. I tried doing things like not touching the controls just before the cinematic/etc... naah. You still get it. And it always seems to want to point you 180 from where you were facing originally. It's gotten to the point I just assume I have to do a 180 after every cinematic / transference or entering/exiting a mech. It wouldn't be so bad is this feature happened 100% of the time... not it's between half the time and 3/4 of the time.