Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else hate the nightwave downtime?

I hate week in between nightwaves as i kinda can't earn my potatoes tillnthe next one starts up. This break is a small exception as im still busy with sisters and new lich guns but usually every other time it just feels like dead air.

I slightly understand the giving people a break from nightwave to nightwave but fir me and others who hit max rank weeks ago is just make waiting all the more painful as i just want a new rward track to get and be able to nad the yareli and harrow alt helms

Yeah, I reached the cap 5 weeks ago, so until DE can get their act together and work out how to run Nightwave better, imo they can take as long as they like.

Don't get me wrong I love Nightwave but I'm sick of DE changing the goal posts and dragging it out.

One full week of tasks isn't enough to get a potato anyway, you'll be fine. The cushion and downtime takes away a lot of the feeling of "I have to do this," chore-type stuff that results in burnout for a lot of people. Believe me, that's a lot more important than making sure the significantly fewer people that are fine with that are appeased.

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

I hate week in between nightwaves as i kinda can't earn my potatoes tillnthe next one starts up. This break is a small exception as im still busy with sisters and new lich guns but usually every other time it just feels like dead air.

I slightly understand the giving people a break from nightwave to nightwave but fir me and others who hit max rank weeks ago is just make waiting all the more painful as i just want a new rward track to get and be able to nad the yareli and harrow alt helms

Do you eat these potatoes? I mean. How many potatoes do you need?

I don't see why DE doesn't just make a permanent NW shop that stays open regardless of if the challenges are up or not, where players could use generic NW credits to buy the items available. That way people don't have to worry about their NW credits going away, in between each cycle. It's not like being able to keep the NW credits would hurt anyone. The shop items are pretty much the same every cycle anyways. I mainly go for the NW rank rewards anyways and the shop credits are just a bonus. 

3 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

One full week of tasks isn't enough to get a potato anyway, you'll be fine. Downtime takes away a lot of the feeling of "I have to do this," chore-type stuff that results in burnout for a lot of people. Believe me, that's a lot more important than making sure the significantly fewer people that are fine with that are appeased.

Depends. You get 60 creds per week if you do all of them. You can buy 3x Steel Charge with that which translates to about 25-40 plat a piece depending on the market. Even with only 25 plat you can buy 3 potatoes with that.

But you can also spend 75 creds on 1 potato and do it that way. Whatever works for you.

*Shrugs* I've just been logging on to do Sorties and the Steel Incursions that don't take too long, then logging off to go play more Total War: Warhammer II.

Take all the downtime they need, I say. I can wait. I'll just be over here having more warcrime-tastic fun with my Poisoned Wind Mortars.

energy siphon costs 20 cred but sells for 15plat

reactor costs 75 tokens or costs 20plat

just buying energy siphon for cred and selling it for plat will give you 3 potatoes for the same cost as buying 1 potato for cred!

tldr they need to properly price the potatoes !!

10 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

energy siphon costs 20 cred but sells for 15plat

reactor costs 75 tokens or costs 20plat

just buying energy siphon for cred and selling it for plat will give you 3 potatoes for the same cost as buying 1 potato for cred!

tldr they need to properly price the potatoes !!

I'd argue otherwise, Orokin Reactors/Catalysts are something you can't get anywhere in the game save for invasions and alerts, so should be treated as a rarer resource compared to Nitain and Kuva where you can get from multiple other sources.

While I get the point that the free market price for a mod might give you enough plat for a reactor, in reality it's the supply/demand created by the rotation of rewards that causes this price, instead of every mod being available every week, during the week Nightwave isn't here, you'll see those mods and auras slowly creep up in value, because there's no supply.

1 hour ago, MorradiX said:

How dare you!

Pretty sure that is a punishable offense these days  :D 

Lol, tell me I'm wrong though. OP had time, most likely knew when it would end, and now they're complaining its gone. You don't get to complain if you know full well when NW was gonna end. Nobody's fault but yours if you procrastinated for however long or didn't spend your creds fast enough. Besides, it's not even a problem, Nw will be back soon. Like...really soon.

Edit: Only the last part was true, ignore the first few sentences lol.

1 hour ago, ReddyDisco said:

Hey atleast there isn't nora announcing glass resonance in your area every few min

I've recently finished first Assassin creed. Oh... Nora is not so annoying when you are near Beggars or Drunk people.

15 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Lol, tell me I'm wrong though. OP had time, most likely knew when it would end, and now they're complaining its gone. You don't get to complain if you know full well when NW was gonna end. Nobody's fault but yours if you procrastinated for however long or didn't spend your creds fast enough. Besides, it's not even a problem, Nw will be back soon. Like...really soon.

Um, you're wrong? I think you got threads mixed up, OP here is not complaining about missing out on nightwave but more of nightwave is over and there is nothing to do.

Archived