To DE Regarding RJ and Weapons

Fiia

Fiia

Jul 22, 2021, 19:14 EDT

This is a mail I sent to Support directly and was directed by support to post here. It seems this is the only means to actually be listened to regarding the game. I hope you do listen.

-----------------------

I have written prior about my complete dislike of how RJ is implemented. Once more DE has chosen to force players to play RJ in order obtain the new melee weapons with corrupted holokeys.

I truly think RJ could be fun, if you made it a lot less like work and more like a game to play for fun.
since I have no idea what to do and how to do it, I do not try to play with others as my ship constantly dies, and I have very little idea what I am intended to do. Thus, I play solo mainly and rarely if ever can complete a mission. I either outright die, and fail, or I have no resources for whatever the ship needs.
I will never chose to play RJ and because I am now forced to try, it is just mounting frustration with the game.
I have been playing for eight years as a founder, and honestly I RJ is the single issue I have with the overall game. It is so off-putting to me I have written you I think three times now about RJ.
If there were ever an issue to leave the game for me this feels so frustrating I have considered it a number of times now. I do not want to have think this way.
Will these weapons be able to be gotten in any other way other then buying them in the market at stupid over inflated prices.

Please tell me there is a solution here.
I would ask again that you remove the crazy resource need in order to play RJ in any meaningful way.
It is akin to making players hunt down resources in order to be able to be revived in missions. It simply takes away from the enjoyment of the game.
Please, make a way for myself and other users like me. If I am struggling others are as well. No one is ever the only one. I am likely just a vocal person to write to you.
Can you just tell me plainly if RJ will ever be easy to get into and play, or will it forever be behind a wall that only a segment of your player base plays and likely a smaller subset actually finds fun. Thank you

First of sending mail to support is not going to do or change anything about the game even if your founder , so forget about it completely .

Secondly I suggest you to watch a guide on youtube about everything railjack related , in your case I would never start of in higher skirmishes and get to know omni tool as it is life saver and how to replenish it .

Railjack is meant to be played as coop experience and it is not a solo piece of content , very least not at the beginning then you're under equipped and not skilled enough .

Lastly you can grab higher grade sigma gear from dojos research , you should focus on getting few intrinsic points to unlock AI crew as it can play major role in keeping your railjack alive by manning turrets , repairing ship , defending your ship and on top of all that you get bonusses from your aura mods as AI crew basically get multiple instances of the same aura you use .

Well Railjack is same as Operator stuff, Eidolons/Ropalolyst, Arbitrations, Steel Path, Kuva farm etc. If you jump unprepared to it - you will be overwhelmed and downed. It’s not like this is something really hard, but it’s something you have to be prepared. 

Really a lot of new players (and not only) have problems starting with all those stuff, but when actually they put some effort, they slip through that content like knife through butter.

Like don’t you think that some people from “elite” club started RailJack with maxed ship, instrinc.. railjack skills (Really I hate this stupid word) and 100000 of each resource? Sorry my friend, I respect your high rank but all of us started by parking RJ on the edge of map, finishing mission with archwing and than mine whole map for 20 minutes to get all the resources. It took us days of such terrible grind to get through all the nodes, but the moment when you first release your finished ship on the Veil Mission and soloing it with ease.... It’s worth it. And please don’t even try saying that it’s hard. We all were finishing mission WITHOUT AI CREW, WITH FORGE, WITHOUT GREAT MODS we have now and WITHOUT tied energy , where you just pick Hildryn or Lavos and spam abilities. 

Just go to public matches and farm experience and resources there

Honestly as a mode you really need to join with a squad till you at least unlock some crew from ticker to make soloing a little more viable. 

That said i still hold out hopes that one day we can get a solo fighter sort of ship to jet about in and dogfight with instead of our lumbering whale of a ship that is railjack. That would get me to play it more as Im very much a quick agile sort of player in space games rather than the one that has all the tankiness. Just doesn't feel fun to me with a ship that big where you have to basically fast travel teleport inside your own ship. 

@bad4youLT Thank you for your response. I have leached off of clan-mates some time ago and had a dumped everything I had into my ship. I upgraded different things (honestly not sure what they were it has been so long). I even purchase a couple low level guys to help me, but they seem to do nothing. Not even sure what intrinsics are. Will watch video. In the end I think DE should make it fun and if solo is not a thing it should not be an option. Thanks for the kindness and help.

Archived