Nitain

BoBo91CZE

Just wanted to say that me and bunch of my friends are fed up with this S#&$. Im this close to uninstalling the game because i need nitain for everything and it just doesnt exist in the game. Just did about 20 ghoul runs, got one nitain, while i need about 50 of them. This game is nothing but grind but suddenly for me, nitain made it 100 times worse. And please dont talk to me about nightwave i hate that S#&$. You get cred offerings every 5 or so nightwave lvls thats 50k goddamn points. Like im sorry but im a working adult, i cant spend 15 hours a day just to farm nightwave points and im definitely not about to spend money on S#&$ like this... I loved this game till now but enough is enough...

• Like 5

Best idea to get Nitain is doing Nightwave and spend the credits on that. I agree, getting it anywhere else is an insane grind.

But Nightwave just ended, you'll have to wait for the next installment to start, in August.

Edit: I might add, Nightwave is a lot more bearable when you just do some of the challenges on the side and only those you feel like doing. That's of course not helping in your situation, when you absolutely need the credits for that Nitain.

Edited by Kontrollo
  • Like 2

i'm also a workin adult and to be honest some challenge are quite easy. Not that its any use right now because nightwave is currently ended.

I do understand the frustration for nitain.

Welcome to the forums tenno.

Just a quick tricks that i use a lot.

- keep the maroo quest ayatans for an easy nightwave challenge when the ayatans one shows up. 

- Use forma on a kubrow/kavat/sentinel that you use all the time when the challenge shows up

Edited by trunks013

I hate Nightwave and everything about it. It's a terrible system for anyone who doesn't play every day, all day. So I am with you on it being ridiculous having such an important and rare resource tied to it. It would be one thing if Nightwave was designed to reward players strictly based on playing the game and not trying to be a petty little island dictator telling you what you are allowed to do or be punished. But even then, that system still wouldn't be very well designed for anyone who doesn't play 24/7/365. People who have multiple full time jobs or Warframe veterans who can't play every day like myself at the risk of burnout would still be punished by that system unless they moved to a pure credit system that allowed you to take only the rewards you wanted.

As it stands now, I don't believe any important resource should be tied to that awful Nightwave system. Credit rewards are too far apart for anyone who can't play constantly.

Edited by Ceryk
  • Like 3

1 час назад, bad4youLT сказал:

Nitain rewards from Nightwave could use some changes , I think Nitain should be given to player every time he ranks up , this could reduce strain on new players .

Rank up would not be enough I'm afraid. There should be more reliable way to get it from drops or elsewhere. I have a lot of it mostly cause when Nightwave was introduced, I played long enough to not need it in large quantities AND having 2 daily alerts for nitain every day. THese days I don't have much to spend nightwave cred either but on potatoes and nitain. So as usual stuff benefitting new players most is a nightmare to obtain for them.

I dunno, put it in railjack or something, reward it from syndicate missions or rep shop, add to login reward pool, return nitain alerts for void's sake.

This. They should make nitain rare drop in railjack missions, like argon is in the void. Atleast people would have a reason to play railjack and it wouldnt be just a blindspot without purpose.

On 2021-07-29 at 10:09 AM, Ceryk said:

I hate Nightwave and everything about it. It's a terrible system for anyone who doesn't play every day, all day. So I am with you on it being ridiculous having such an important and rare resource tied to it. It would be one thing if Nightwave was designed to reward players strictly based on playing the game and not trying to be a petty little island dictator telling you what you are allowed to do or be punished. But even then, that system still wouldn't be very well designed for anyone who doesn't play 24/7/365. People who have multiple full time jobs or Warframe veterans who can't play every day like myself at the risk of burnout would still be punished by that system unless they moved to a pure credit system that allowed you to take only the rewards you wanted.

As it stands now, I don't believe any important resource should be tied to that awful Nightwave system. Credit rewards are too far apart for anyone who can't play constantly.

Nightwave challenges don't require you play daily, let alone all day. The duration of a season, even at DE's original intended duration, allows you to skip so many challenges and still reach r30. What is also being ignored is a good chunk of relevant rewards for progressing are within the first half of the ranks anyways. You can check yourself.

I ignored over half of the current Nightwave, and still went through prestige ranks.

Then there's the fact Nitain Extract quickly becomes a useless reward.

• Like 2

Honestly, my dude... You don't have to put 15 hours into Nightwave? And I am seriously judging you for not using such an easy way to beat the grind.

Maybe over the course of about three weeks, I guess, but the challenges for Nightwave are incredibly simple. Like 'complete a Sortie' and it's nearly half of a Rank. 'Complete three Nightmare missions' you're almost there. 'Kill 150 Enemies with Cold damage' you can do that accidentally if you're using more than just Viral/Slash builds, that's a whole rank, that's 15 Credits (on the Prestige ranks) and you have 5 Nitain.

I did the maths on one of the other threads; If you actually do Nightwave, you can get all of the Nitain you need to ever grind (if you're a solo player in a Solo clan), in just one Nightwave.

This Intermission had the function of giving you bonus Credits for already having the other Cosmetic rewards, and if you had those then you would have had 750 Credits by rank 28 of the Intermission, which is 50 bundles of Nitain, or 250 Nitain.

The total amount of Nitain needed for every weapon and solo-clan research in the game is 248.

So when you say 'don't talk to me about Nightwave' I can only side-eye you, dude.

On 2021-07-29 at 10:09 AM, Ceryk said:

Not sure where you're coming from here, you can knock out the nightwave challenges in like an hour, one day a week. It does not take "24/7" gameplay or even daily logins for that matter. Plus if you just don't have the time even the hour required for most of them, just wait till next week and maybe you will then. Nightwave isn't a terrible system just because your busy life can't spare a few minutes to do a challenge or two. Even if you don't have some features unlocked like the Profit taker or a build for hunting Eidolons, that's not Nightwave's fault and you can still reach max rank with minimal effort within the confines of the "season" by doing half the challenges. The system is very forgiving and the seasons last for like six months or longer at times.

If you've got time to play the game and complain about Nitain, you've got time to knock out a couple of Nightwave challenges and get some. Trying to say you need to play all-day every-day to get some Nitain from Nightwave is a hilariously overblown exaggeration.

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx
  • Like 1

Where he's coming from is that IF YOU ARE A NEW PLAYER, THAT STARTED DURING NIGHTWAVE INTERMISSION, there is no possible way you had enough time or points to get the 250 nitain needed. and now, with no actual official date of when it starts again we have 2 options, sit on our hands while we wait for the next nightwave, or burn ourselves out doing crazy involved missions where the drop rate is like 1% for 1 nitain. Yes. All you veterans who have played every single nightwave season and intermission, GOOD FOR YOU, you don't EVER need nitain again (until the release something new that needs it) I'm glad you aren't being actively screwed over by a gated f***ing resource that is necessary for many major items or frames. DE, Nitain should not be gated behind nightwave, MAKE IT A DROP LIKE EVERY SINGLE OTHER MAT IN THE GAME. WHY IS THIS SUCH A FOREIGN CONCEPT?

• Like 1

22 минуты назад, srdwall сказал:

with no actual official date

Wut? You probably confuse intermission with the absence of nw. Intermission starts tomorrow and people will be able to get nitain again.

The problem is this period of nothing and the fact that nitain is not the only thing one can need in that nw shop thus forcing people to make very tough choices what to buy first. There should be another way with more than sabotage cache or Prelate percentage to get one.

7 hours ago, srdwall said:

Where he's coming from is that IF YOU ARE A NEW PLAYER, THAT STARTED DURING NIGHTWAVE INTERMISSION, there is no possible way you had enough time or points to get the 250 nitain needed.

You're quite right.

There's no way that a new player, starting in the middle, could grind all of the Nitain they'll need.

It's a good thing that, after only 1 week of down-time, because DE clearly listed the start date of the new Nightwave in the in-game news feed, they can immediately get their grind on again.

It's also a good thing that DE have, every single Nightwave, made the Rank 1 reward 150 Nightwave Credits, meaning that the desperate-to-gain-Nitain can immediately buy 50 Nitain if they so desire, which is double the amount to build even the most expensive ticket item that requires that resource (entirety of Vauban Prime) that they might want. And, funnily enough, averages out at being able to build around 10 of any other single items that require Nitain, if not more, because other blueprints average out at less than 5 Nitain total.

7 hours ago, srdwall said:

I'm glad you aren't being actively screwed over by a gated f***ing resource that is necessary for many major items or frames.

You know, it's interesting how you seem to not make the logical connection here;

We players who have played Nightwaves before?

We also had to sit through the one-week down time. Between the end of Wolf of Saturn Six and that Intermission, the end of that Intermission and the start of The Emissary, the end of Emissary and the start of that Intermission, the end of that Intermission and the start of Glass Maker, the end of Glass Maker and the start of the last Intermission.

All of us, no matter when we started, have already been 'gated' by the one-week down time.

In fact, those of us who started Warframe before Nightwave existed were actually 'gated' by not having Nightwave. Instead of easily-accessed bundles of 5 Nitain, we had to wait in cycles for Alerts. There were four Nitain Alerts in a day, on an 8 hour cycle. So many players were able to get 1 Nitain per day, only, and literally missed out on the other 3. Meaning that the players who started after us, with Nightwave, have this really convenient means of gaining around 15-20 Nitain in a week, while the rest of us starting out were able to get around 7 at maximum, or less if they couldn't play daily.

The point being; unlike being Boomers in real life, who went through a time when almost no hardship happened and getting a house was possible on a single income and a handshake, when you're a Boomer in Warframe you had the literal worst version of any system and lived through scarcity that is actually hard to imagine being seen as normal.

Heck, I come from a time when you had to pay Platinum for more than 4 self-revives per day, which is a far cry from the state of having 4 free self-revives per mission...

So...

Good for you, with their only complaint about Nitain being that they can't get bundles of 5 of it for a week, and then can get instant access to 50 in one day. That seems like a really nice state of affairs, 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, srdwall said:

did you have fun typing all that out? cuz i had a blast not reading any of it. 

Did you have fun not quoting me to reply? Because I'm having fun calling you out as a coward ^^

tl;dr for your tired, whiny eyes:

I have facts and experience, you have attempted sass and a deep desire to act out for attention.