Sisters of Parvos: Hotfix 30.5.5

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

According to the video proof I just shared on the OP of the thread. The DR is not aggressive against Sonar stacking. If you look at Voidrig that rapid fires 1M+ rockets it reduces the damage significantly, while Banshee does not.

I'm more thinking a bigger backlash will be anytime DE nerfs anything, cuz people always get upset. 

But are you saying you are worried about a bigger backlash if DE lets it go for a while and then nerfs it anyways, making people angrier when it happens? If so I get where you are coming from, although I think we can definitely deal with this without touching the way Banshee affects anything but the Sisters, that is, if you are serious about avoiding backlash. 

12 hours ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

Makes you wonder, long ago they used to release Warframes that were good on release. Typical "release now, fix later" mentality, as with many things "Warframe" these days

Are you maybe remembering things selectively?

Let me offer counter points, to highlight that DE has a track record of wtf:

Excalibur - super jump

Zephyr - ability 1 and 2 for years... that are now one ability

Zephyr again - tornados made enemies invincible

Nova - the teleport trolling

Limbo - the rift trolling

I'm hoping this is enough, but if not you could pick almost any frame and have fun.  Heck, even Loki had a near infinite switch teleport range.

So, is Yareli new?  Is she a new low?  No.  If you really dig in there's plenty of bad design from DE.  If you believe otherwise you're giving them way too much credit.

Let's keep this real.  Yareli will get a rework as part of an early 2022 refresh.  She'll get basic stat increases, scaling powers, and DE will call it an unbridled win.  Cue flashbacks to Grendel.

It's a shame DE can't be bothered to fix immediately...but not new.

• Like 7

On 2021-07-30 at 3:08 AM, [DE]Megan said:
  • On-Call Sisters will no longer clone targets when using Soul Punch and said Shadow Clones no longer have drop tables, as this leads to exploitive gameplay.

This isn't fixed. I just had a sister get cloned when I spawned my on call sister. 

• Like 1

The gun buff did not work out as planned, it needs immadiate revision:

• The galvanized mods should not have been new mods. You should have modified the already existing variants.
  • The new galvanized mods should not cost more capacity than their regular version: if you want to buff guns, you need to make them just as accessible as melee. No melee build requires additional formas, why should we bother with the guns if we can still achieve everything faster, easier and cheaper with melee?
  • The arcane adapters are a really bad joke. None of us should waste steel essence on these. Arcane slots have always been unlocked on every single melee and frame, they should be unlocked by default! Again, why should we waste our resources on guns, when we can do everything faster, easier and cheaper with melee?
  • Several of the galvanized mods are not working at all, they need to be fixed ASAP!  Thanks for the fix :)

This is NOT a gun buff, this is another grind to waste our time to maybe get a gun that can do a fraction of melee damage....

Another problem is corrupted holokey. It is a bad joke. Lich weapons not from liches??? The holokeys are not dropping (1 out of 10 is not 35% chance, please do not try to RNG me, calculate the odds, its basic math, it is very unlikely to happen). Also: we have to wait a WEEK?!? to rotate the weapons at Glast and maybe, MAYBE get an element I want??? I finished the whole sister grind in a week!

There is something very wrong with your decision making lately. You make so many cool stuff and you always ALWAYS do something stupid like these and its getting very frustrating!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, zaturalma2 said:

The gun buff did not work out as planned, it needs immadiate revision:

• The galvanized mods should not have been new mods. You should have modified the already existing variants.

I've made a suggestion before that CO-like mods should have been available in the base star chart, Condition Overload, Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds, the Gladiator mods, are all available from the base star chart, meaning without the mods you need to complete the entire star chart* for, melee has an advantage, which is far from addressing the gap, but it does address endgame issues, which is a welcome change.

5 minutes ago, zaturalma2 said:

The new galvanized mods should not cost more capacity than their regular version: if you want to buff guns, you need to make them just as accessible as melee. No melee build requires additional formas, why should we bother with the guns if we can still achieve everything faster, easier and cheaper with melee?

Capacity cost is tricky, the devs have to find a balance between cost and the output, Primed Mods cost more capacity than their regular versions for the upgrade of whatever mod it was based on, Galvanised mods do the same thing, they improve upon existing mods and the upgrade is worth the cost, though if the previous suggestion goes through, these Galvanised mods would need to be upgraded to justify the cost, thus creating a power creep.

8 minutes ago, zaturalma2 said:

The arcane adapters are a really bad joke. None of us should waste steel essence on these. Arcane slots have always been unlocked on every single melee and frame, they should be unlocked by default! Again, why should we waste our resources on guns, when we can do everything faster, easier and cheaper with melee?

You get 5 steel essence per alert completed, 5 alerts a day = 25 essence, 7 days a week = 175 steel essence you can get for just doing alerts, let alone whatever acolytes show up. The intention is that primary/secondary arcanes should be something reserved for lategame, if anything, warframe arcanes should be moved to lategame too in the future.

10 minutes ago, zaturalma2 said:

Several of the galvanized mods are not working at all, they need to be fixed ASAP!  Thanks for the fix :)

If you submit a bug report via https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new, and others do too, they may follow up on it, with enough evidence to suggest they aren't working, as people have said they've tested weapons in the Simulacrum but provided no screenshots of actual damage numbers done with the radial damage. While explosive weapons should have been playtested when this was being fixed, having them not work on projectiles is what was originally reported, and is now fixed.

14 minutes ago, zaturalma2 said:

Another problem is corrupted holokey. It is a bad joke. Lich weapons not from liches??? The holokeys are not dropping (1 out of 10 is not 35% chance, please do not try to RNG me, calculate the odds, its basic math, it is very unlikely to happen).

The problem with railjack is that rewards are rolled up to 3 times at the end of a mission, holokeys are a common reward at 37.5% or so, meaning the entire rest of the loot table is weighted (if even slightly) towards the uncommon/rare rewards, as well as Sevagoth parts in the mix.

Sevagoth should've been seperated per proxima instead of having every part drop from every proxima, or replace ash in the defense drops instead of populating it with a frame you could get passively from somewhat uncommon enemies, it was clearly an attempt to have an incentive to play that node more than once, newer players are gonna have to suffer through that grind or wait until Ash comes back out of the vault, not to mention the Ambassador, a sub-par rifle that's sitting at 8%~ for a Rot C reward.

There is no hard cap for RNG, there never has been for anything else in the game, personally, I've not gone between about 2-3 missions without a drop, which is roundabout where most of your holokey drops should be. 

However, an explanation for the way railjack reward drops work would be welcome, if it's 3 rolls on the entire table, there should be a possibility that you get 3 holokey drops, and we know that's not the case. 

27 minutes ago, zaturalma2 said:

Also: we have to wait a WEEK?!? to rotate the weapons at Glast and maybe, MAYBE get an element I want??? I finished the whole sister grind in a week!

It's on a 3 day rotation, last I heard. Which sounds reasonable to me when it takes so much time to go out of our way to farm the keys, which can take a few hours per few days, per weapon, if you're not constantly grinding it.

28 minutes ago, zaturalma2 said:

There is something very wrong with your decision making lately. You make so many cool stuff and you always ALWAYS do something stupid like these and its getting very frustrating!

DE make decisions to encourage players to buy platinum to skip time spent grinding, especially with Forma and other grinds that take up a lot of time. I think so far they've been more than fair with their free-to-play model.

• Like 2

THanks for the fix galvanize status mod, works in projectile now, TESTED IT not in simulacrum but in steel path as well....
but what i notice is that this is following hits to apply the buff 

And can please increase the drops of Holokeys?

8 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

So, is Yareli new?  Is she a new low?  No.  If you really dig in there's plenty of bad design from DE.  If you believe otherwise you're giving them way too much credit.

Problem is, with Tennocon there's been a huge delay in fixes, so Yareli has gone longer than other frames have in terms of having changes/fixes and buffs/nerfs applied, doesn't mean they won't address it, it'll just take a bit longer. In the long scheme of things it won't even matter, as new players will have to wait a couple weeks to get to Venus anyways before they can consider grinding for her.

30 minutes ago, DarknessNightshade said:

This is the same for Condition Overload, you can't proc a status if there isn't one already on the target.

I see, never try that Condition Overlord, my first Steel Path is the time when Gun buff release

On 2021-07-29 at 1:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

For non-endless missions, most notably Sabotage, a max of 3 Acolytes will spawn and their levels will incrementally increase with every new Acolyte spawn.

undo this, or increase it to 5, this goes back on the idea of what acolytes were meant to be, you cannot encounter all the acolytes with only 3 spawns.

• Like 1

In case anyone hasn't noticed already, alarms in non-endless missions are disabled to enforce the 3 Acolyte max current rule...

So I guess my suspicions are confirmed. Acolyte spawns were always tied to kills and not tied to time as it was and still is advertised.

Thank the team on my behalf for ruining that part of the gameplay in Steel Path, @[DE]Megan, as my chances of collecting a moderate amount of resources and mods that are difficult to drop are now lower than regular Star Chart.

You guys could've easily limited Acolyte spawns by tying a Spawn Counter on non-endless missions, and then disabling spawns completely once Extraction was activated.

Where's my Primed Master Thief with 100% chance of opening lockers as a compensation for that change?

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 7

On 2021-07-30 at 10:35 AM, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Players were stacking Steel Essence in a corner somewhere and then collecting them when their Smeeta resource buff was active

Well duh. I want them to straight up admit:-"We don't want you to to have an ability to efficiently grind Steel Essence."

• Like 5

Hello [DE] I am a long time player who after this update can no longer "farm" the Acolytes because the rewards are not showing in my inventory.  I have been playing 383d 3h58min (9196 hours). I am for the first time in this game unable to proceed with getting weapons even farming the ever so long way that it takes. This "update" has stopped the weapon arcanes from showing in my inventory. When it is fixed will I get all the back arcanes I didn't receive? I think I am one of your players you wish to keep. I am finding it hard to find things to do without this fix. Holokeys take so very long. If I were a new player how would I enjoy the length of farming these things? CAN YOU HEAR ME? 

Edited by Owlinaz
  • Like 2

On 2021-07-29 at 11:58 PM, [DE]Saske said:

Hello Raineltu! The issue of Acoyltes not spawning in Kuva Survival or Disruption has been fixed a couple of Hotfixes ago, it had nothing to do with Lotus transmissions.

Hello Ms_Salami! Please record a mission of the Acolyte not spawning. In every instance we have tested the Acolyte is spawning just fine.

Here are two videos for issues regarding acolytes and their spawn times. Can u please send this to the respective teams?

Issue 1: Sometimes Timer starts way past 5 mins which makes ppl confused about the mission time, NBD, but still

Mission timer starts late Video

Issue 2: Acolyte spawns very very late, unless the claims that now acolyte will spawn faster and between 3-5 mins. it spawns even later than 3-7 mins mentioned in wiki. what are players supposed to do other than do nothing but stand near extraction?

Acolyte spawning very very late video.

Edited by krrysis.
Bold and text color
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, krrysis. said:

Here are two videos for issues regarding acolytes and their spawn times. Can u please send this to the respective teams?

Issue 1: Sometimes Timer starts way past 5 mins which makes ppl confused about the mission time, NBD, but still

Issue 2: Acolyte spawns very very late, unless the claims that now acolyte will spawn faster and between 3-5 mins. it spawns even later than 3-7 mins mentioned in wiki. what are players supposed to do other than do nothing but stand near extraction?

See also (coincidently same mission)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, krrysis. said:

I can't speak to endless missions for farming acolytes, but I think the daily incursions should just have a guaranteed spawn within one minute of starting it, or within 10-20 seconds of completing the objective.  The current system rewards AFK solo play, logging in and staring at your phone for a few minutes before heading off to complete the capture.  Not saying I do this, but it's what the system is incentivizing.  And we've all probably experienced that "should we / shouldn't we" ambiguity in public matchmaking as people decide whether to wait near extraction for an acolyte to spawn.  

It's a crappy system that is effectively penalizing people with good loadouts / game knowledge who complete these missions efficiently.

• Like 7

Thank you so much for the hotfix!

For next time, could you by chance please look into fixing these issues?

• Using Transference as Excalibur Umbra will cause the Operator to return to Excalibur Umbra's position rather than the Operator's position if you are not the host in a mission.
  • Using Blade Storm as Ash Prime, with Fatal Teleport and a hammer, will sometimes cause Ash to remain stuck in Blade Storm camera angles. Only way to fix this currently is by aborting the mission or dying and reviving.
  • You are currently unable to put any kind of Special Forma on the Dark Split Sword (Aura, Stance, Umbra, etc.). This has been going on for several hotfixes.
  • Equipping the Oxylus, upgrading it, and then setting it's current color palette on default in that order will cause the user to be logged out their account.
  • Certain instances of Sisters not being able to be stabbed during the showdown.
  • Inviting other people to your squad will result in multiple of the invitation sent messages to appear in the textbox, in random amounts. Not sure if this means it sends multiple invites or not.

Possible changes too?:

• Increasing the drop rates for Corrupted Holokeys and Ambassador parts
  • Vauban Prime being compatible with the Phased Skin, similar to how Rhino Prime is compatible with his Rubedo skin
  • Would you be willing to extend some "Toggle Prime Details" to regular skins, such as Valkyr Gersemi?
  • Like 2