Jump to content

Railjack missions just being extended versions of normal.


Ryoma-

Recommended Posts

So this is just my thoughts but I genuinely feel like some of the missions in railjack are just extended versions of normal missions. Let's take defense for example, normally in defense you just go to the objective then BOOM just defend. However, in railjack it's use your railjack to do objectives THEN Go inside the ship and then do the normal defense mission your used to doing 1000 times at this point. Like seriously, when I think of railjack I want to imagine using.....well your railjack. But it genuinely feels bland because some of the modes they did introduce does require your railjack like Volatile. But seriously, survival or Defense on railjack is just not really that interesting. Like I genuinely feel like Railjack should literally use the railjack more often. I don't want a to do a railjack defense mission because it's just an extended version of the same mission we all know of. Now I know they wanted to try and integrate Railjack into the game so its more prevelant but some of these just feel bland. I feel a railjack survival mission would be better if it was something like retrieve a capsule or whatever with your railjack and then enemies spawn to try and take it back. Something that actually involves your railjack because I feel like railjack is just something you Stay in for 5 mins then dip and stay in the enemy ship the entire time when it comes to something like defense and some other modes we all know.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think they should add outside components to the normal missions so you need to split up the groups. Would be fun if they do it right. 

 

And the npcs can be made to take care of the outside for solo players. Since that were sorta the point of the npcs 

 

Edit: for example survival could be as simple as board crew ships steal life support and shot it with the sling shot abord the obilisk ship (big corpus ships) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Oggyswe said:

I think they should add outside components to the normal missions so you need to split up the groups. Would be fun if they do it right. 

 

And the npcs can be made to take care of the outside for solo players. Since that were sorta the point of the npcs 

I agree with that. As long as it involves the railjack in a capacity like that or involves even more would just be better imo. Like some of the modes like I said are just extended versions of normal ones only using the railjack for the beginning then never again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the railjack ship is a style of gameplay that is totally different from land missions.

enemies are smarter and faster, long 40 minute survival against enemies from lvl30 to lvl35 and you feel like fighting lvl100.

there are also persistent enemies has defensive skills, I feel railjack will become the default starmap in the near future as the progression there is higher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Famecans said:

the railjack ship is a style of gameplay that is totally different from land missions.

enemies are smarter and faster, long 40 minute survival against enemies from lvl30 to lvl35 and you feel like fighting lvl100.

there are also persistent enemies has defensive skills, I feel railjack will become the default starmap in the near future as the progression there is higher.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the lvl 35's feeling like lvl 100's. Most enemies in warframe aren't that hard to deal with. Like my Umbra with all the current weapons I have easily clap Railjack missions. Yes railjack may be the default Starmap in the future but right now its just extended versions of normal missions. Besides most of the AI in railjack is stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ryoma- said:

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the lvl 35's feeling like lvl 100's. Most enemies in warframe aren't that hard to deal with. Like my Umbra with all the current weapons I have easily clap Railjack missions. Yes railjack may be the default Starmap in the future but right now its just extended versions of normal missions. Besides most of the AI in railjack is stupid.

I can feel this in corpus survivor, has a lot of persistent enemies and a loot of common strategyes exausted by IA.

for me its a diferent gameplay but this doesn't change my opinion and support on this topic, railjack needs to be more attractive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i agree with the premise. Volatile is a unique non Endless Gamemode made for Railjack, so it feels alright.
everything else is just extra stuff taped onto the Mission for seemingly no purpose. it feels tedious because it's something that we do elsewhere in the game

it would be great, if Railjack only had unique Gamemodes.

 

Railjack will become the center of the game in the future probably sure, but
well, it isn't now and probably won't be for a long time. so we can't build the game around that today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Oggyswe said:

I think they should add outside components to the normal missions so you need to split up the groups. Would be fun if they do it right. 

It already exist, it's called Skirmish.

What DE needs to do is improve that game mode by adding more unique side objectives. Expand it to the corpus aswell, only star chart + railjack missions makes fighting them has no variety and choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

It already exist, it's called Skirmish.

What DE needs to do is improve that game mode by adding more unique side objectives. Expand it to the corpus aswell, only star chart + railjack missions makes fighting them has no variety and choice.

im talking about all the new modes for corpus thats just using the railjack as a taxi. they should have more things that involve the railjack in the mission. because except loot wise theres no reason to not just play a normal exterminate. since theres no mechanical change

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...