Why do people like Selkie on Sedna for steel path farming?

(NSW)hazza1834

Question

9 answers to this question

I haven't heard people farming in Selkie specifically tbh. After the SP change, any endless mission works.

I usually farm in Apollodorus(Mercury). Since it's Infested survival, I could bring any warframe/weapon to exp at without worrying about the difficulty.

• Like 2

It's one of my general SP farming spots because there's no need to worry about nullifiers like with Corpus, toxic clouds from Infested, and the Asteroid tileset has a lot of good, long funnels for Grendel to suck everything in and spawn more. My other main go-to is Olympus on Mars because it's pretty hard to fail a Disruption once you can reliably kill the demolysts, and there's no pressure to keep a rapid killrate.

Edited by Alpheus

On 2021-07-29 at 10:22 PM, GPrime96 said:

I didn't know Players enjoy Selkie for Steel Path farming. Mot all day for me.

Unless you care for the relic rewards, Ani is more enjoyable Void survival for me personally, because that mission doesnt spawn nullifiers or bombards at all.

I'd say it's because Grineer are the most simple enemy to face at the moment. While they can spawn the occasional Energy Leech eximus unit, none of their units have anything that can really stop our damage.

Corrosive strips armour, as does Heat, Viral will boost your damage past most armour, and Bleed procs are extremely powerful there. With the right weapon build you don't even need to worry about much more than keeping your warframe alive.

Steel Path spawn levels mean that, as long as you can keep killing, they'll supply you with a steady stream of life support and energy for abilities. The maps have lots of easy-to-manage choke points for making the spawns funnel in... There's no real down-side to going high-level Grineer.

I personally prefer Ani in the Void because the worst you'll find there is an Ancient Healer to reduce damage taken by a group. All the rest is true there, with heavy spawns, lots of locations for choke points and flow management. You do need slightly more varied weapons if you scale really high, but otherwise there's no downside to that node either.

If you take, say, a Zephyr to any of those, with Turbulence to deflect bullets and the new stationary Tornado cast to massively ramp your damage up on your guns (plus arcanes, Galvanised mods and so on), you can do some fairly heavy-duty runs. I've posted times of three hours or so on them ^^

But the same is true for any frame that can ramp up, while surviving the damage, so just have fun with it.

• Like 1