Jump to content

Why I don't like invigoration's and my criticism's of Warframe Right now


Ryoma-

Recommended Posts

Hi all, 

I'm finally using the fourms on PC so hopefully all text won't look like a wall. Anyways, I want to talk about invigoration's and why I don't like them and why there are already too many systems in warframe currently. First off, Invigoration's are just easily forgettable that's kinda a fact with them. Like yea its nice to have a MASSIVE buff in lets say ability strength or melee on one frame but its so random that people end up just losing interest after awhile.  

BUT, Those who pay way too much attention to them and take the game way too seriously when it comes to Eidolon hunts and lets say Profit Taker. Might cause some social divide to those who want CERTAIN members of the party who has invigoration's on their frame and only want certain people to join. This is just my opinion but I genuinely think its stupid to value someone who has an invigoration over someone who doesn't and still is pretty damn good at what they're doing. I just genuinely feel invigoration just cause the people who care way too much about power to go F**king ballistic when they hear the guy doesn't have an invigoration. Now this is just a very small part of the community atm but it does concern me. Anyway moving on. 

It's just another system on another system- Invigoration's as we know are part of the helmith system which while it is cool. It makes bad frames irrelevant and good frames more relevant.  Anyways, at this point we all know Warframe has way too much systems at this point. I feel DE is just making new systems for the sake of calling it content. But Warframe is becoming too cluttered with these systems in my opinion.

My current opinion on Warframe right now- Now listen, I really do love this game but I have to criticize these systems because I genuinely feel they would either just add to the clutter and just be another system that people will forget about or abuse later when they find some wacky stuff and DE nerfs it to the ground and then it becomes truly forgotten. Listen I care about this game a lot and The New War looks really good and I really hope DE are gonna make the right changes and listen to their community moving forward. And now I'm gonna move on to my last point. 

Edit- A part of this section was removed.

Listening to the wrong people in the community- I genuinely feel like the community is a mixed bag of good people who genuinely recommend some really good goddamn Ideas but also that part of the community that just really doesn't want the right choices in the game. Like for example, Someone could genuinely make a really good post and make a crap ton of valid points and not get his voice heard. While some guy who would whine about cosmetics and wanting a weapon to be nerfed gets listened too. Like sometimes these moments make me go "what the hell man". Because I feel like sometimes someone who whines about a gun being to strong gets listened too more than a guy with some good constructive criticism about a frame or something. Now, I just want to say this I'm not trying to make DE or the community look bad I'm just telling you the way I see it. Some people in the community I feel really just want to say things like "OMG PLZ NERF IT TWOO STRONG" just to screw it up. The tenet Tetra is a good example of this.  We need stronger primaries and secondaries but overall we need a rehual of ALL THE GUNS STATS TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN. That is just my opinion but i genuinely feel if they were to do the right thing and fix everything. There will always be that one Person "OMG NERF EM ALL DE". 

Closing thoughts- Now I love this game and I just want it to succeed. And all the things I'm saying are just from the bottom of my heart and all I want is to at least help give some criticism of the game. I love this game and I love this community but I feel like certain choices these dev's did are just wrong. Now, I just wanna say this. If any of you read this I hope from the New War and onward this game can improve and show that it still has talent to succeed. But if they go down the wrong path again. I'm just quitting the game outright. Thank you for your time reading this. 

Edit- It seems some people have mistaken this post for me wanting to control how people play. Please note that is not the case, and if it seems like that I'm very sorry. All I'm just trying to do is criticize the state of Warframe atm. Please note I'm not trying to judge others too hard or seem like I have a vendetta against anyone. This is just coming from someone who has 1500+ hours from my Switch to PC playing this game and I'm just giving my thoughts.All I ask is don't be offended by them because I said something this is just my all thoughts and we are all entitled to what we think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If someone has such a large fiberous shaft up their backside that they're going to demand only people that have an invigoration on their frame for some activity, then they were already going to be a jerk about it and demand other things anyway. I've seen people advertise for 5x3 Eidolon squads wanting only people with 200+ captures and whatnot. Those kind of people are likely to fly off the handle if you don't do everything exactly right their way no matter the task at hand. At least if they advertise for a group (or a clan) that way, one can avoid joining if they haven't practiced being a robot.

If a pub group for something like that starts getting truly upset without at least trying to help and guide someone that is less experienced with something, then they're an idiot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game isn't gonna do some 180 just for you. So threatening to leave doesn't really matter.

Don't use invigorations if you don't like them. You have recruit chat to make your own groups and clans and find like minded people. 

If there's a system you don't like then don't use it. Pretty simple. 

You can control yourself, but don't try to control others. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ryoma- said:

Listening to the wrong people in the community

14 hours ago, Ryoma- said:

My current opinion on Warframe right now- Like bro if someone asked me if I would recommend Warframe to someone. I would say "no" because Warframe has just ended up getting cluttered with systems.

 

Having a bunch of systems isn't a bad thing. The problem is that the way they work isn't very clear. Just based on your OP, I would say you're the section of the community DE should not be listening to. It comes across as whine just to whine instead of encouraging people to take their time with the game and focus on learning and enjoying it.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love the invigoration's because it spices up the game and gives me some ideas on updating builds and add some forma's to frames i haven't used in awhile instead of just using my top 5 frames. like me having primary crit chance on wisp or secondary crit chance on mag which are two i'm tweaking and wrecking everything in my path.

simply put if you don't like something don't play it.

as far as playing some people who want certain invigorates either you go along with them and help or you find another group that doesn't have any requirements

i play with my clan mates for whatever content we do and we get stuff done. i could suggest you focus on content with your clan if you are in one.

as for eidolon hunting for example this is handled by my team just using necromechs for the body parts and have someone with a good amp to handle that end and whoever for the lures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

as far as playing some people who want certain invigorates either you go along with them and help or you find another group that doesn't have any requirements

It's really hard not see this is a fabricated scenario. I haven't met a single person who cares about whether other people are using invigorations or not. There are a few strong reasons this is the case:

1) They are random. The frames chosen and the buffs chosen are random. Expecting someone to bring some meta config of invigorations is completely unrealistic.

2) All the content is doable without them. They are completely unnecessary for anything.

3) They are temporary. Whatever strategy you might want to employ that uses these is as fleeting as Argon crystals.

4) Not everyone has access to their helminth.

 

If there's even the slightest shred of truth to the story, the correct answer is to tell that person to get bent and that you're not going to hard carry them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

The game isn't gonna do some 180 just for you. So threatening to leave doesn't really matter.

Don't use invigorations if you don't like them. You have recruit chat to make your own groups and clans and find like minded people. 

If there's a system you don't like then don't use it. Pretty simple. 

You can control yourself, but don't try to control others. 

I'm not trying to control others idk if my post gave some people the wrong idea. I'm gonna read through it again to see if I made some mistakes with my grammar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

 

Having a bunch of systems isn't a bad thing. The problem is that the way they work isn't very clear. Just based on your OP, I would say you're the section of the community DE should not be listening to. It comes across as whine just to whine instead of encouraging people to take their time with the game and focus on learning and enjoying it.

 

 

I'm not trying to encourage people to take their time with the game. please point out the part so I can fix the sentence if it comes off that way.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Ryoma- said:

I'm not trying to encourage people to take their time with the game. please point out the part so I can fix the sentence if it comes off that way.

 

No, that's the problem. We should be encouraging people to be patient with the game and focus more on learning than on simply getting all the rewards asap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I that is what it came off as then I will get rid of the sentence that said it. But I'm still in a firm belief that the whole beginning of Warframe is definitely a bit of a clutter even with its revamp. 

EDIT- I genuinely only really meant the beginning part of Warframe which I honestly should have given more detail about. It come off as me kinda complaining which kinda sucks cause thats NOT the message I'm trying to promote,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

My current opinion on Warframe right now- Like bro if someone asked me if I would recommend Warframe to someone. I would say "no" because Warframe has just ended up getting cluttered with systems.

You are saying that because there are complicated systems, you would recommend against someone playing the game. Lots of games have complex systems that take time to learn. While I would agree that this game could do a lot more to better explain everything, all the info is available for people online across various web sites and there's an in-game channel devoted to helping people by answering questions. We should be pointing new players to these resources instead of saying they shouldn't play at all. We should also be telling them that it's quite MMO-like, so they shouldn't expect to get everything right away. Expect the game to be something you play for years, but it's not necessary to play 20 hours a day unless you like it that much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FrostDragoon said:

You are saying that because there are complicated systems, you would recommend against someone playing the game. Lots of games have complex systems that take time to learn. While I would agree that this game could do a lot more to better explain everything, all the info is available for people online across various web sites and there's an in-game channel devoted to helping people by answering questions. We should be pointing new players to these resources instead of saying they shouldn't play at all. We should also be telling them that it's quite MMO-like, so they shouldn't expect to get everything right away. Expect the game to be something you play for years, but it's not necessary to play 20 hours a day unless you like it that much.

True I got rid of the certain part as it come off as something else Which I will apologies for. But the rest of the stuff is just coming from someone who just has some harsh criticism's of DE throughout my time with Warframe. As I originally started from switch at launch to now on my PC .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ryoma- said:

True I got rid of the certain part as it come off as something else Which I will apologies for. But the rest of the stuff is just coming from someone who just has some harsh criticism's of DE throughout my time with Warframe. As I originally started from switch at launch to now on my PC .

Fair enough. FWIW, I agree with the sentiment about people being too quick and too happy to call for everything to be nerfed. These are the same types of people that ruin every other game with this same behavior. I don't know if it's just that they are too young and only grew up in the era of "criticize the game to its actual death" or if the older players (like me) have forgotten that usually things that are too balanced aren't often that fun, especially outside of a PvP environment. This game isn't League of Legends, Hearthstone, Dark Souls, etc. It's a lot more like Borderlands or Mass Effect in some ways, except with a lot more emphasis on farming, progression, and multiplayer (even if this isn't always expressed well through the game's design) and not as much about individual narrative, and certainly not this notion that "everything is viable." That's just not what this game is. The story is getting expanded and improved over time, but this game didn't start out with that as an emphasis. I don't know if it's that veteran players have forgotten this, that newer players didn't know, or both, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

Fair enough. FWIW, I agree with the sentiment about people being too quick and too happy to call for everything to be nerfed. These are the same types of people that ruin every other game with this same behavior. I don't know if it's just that they are too young and only grew up in the era of "criticize the game to its actual death" or if the older players (like me) have forgotten that usually things that are too balanced aren't often that fun, especially outside of a PvP environment. This game isn't League of Legends, Hearthstone, Dark Souls, etc. It's a lot more like Borderlands or Mass Effect in some ways, except with a lot more emphasis on farming, progression, and multiplayer (even if this isn't always expressed well through the game's design) and not as much about individual narrative, and certainly not this notion that "everything is viable." That's just not what this game is. The story is getting expanded and improved over time, but this game didn't start out with that as an emphasis. I don't know if it's that veteran players have forgotten this, that newer players didn't know, or both, but it's worth keeping in mind.

I genuinely feel like the Tenet Tetra was the victim of this. Like they actually made it a GOOD primary weapon and with what they said earlier before of making primaries stronger so they can at least be on par with melee. It made sense the Tenet Tetra was strong along with the other primaries/Secondaries. I just find it really bad when People ask for a nerf of a certain weapon that is suppose to be strong and reward you for grinding for it to be nerfed because all of a sudden it was deemed "too op". Idk I just don't like that part of the community because I feel like it ruins it for people who love those weapons and invested time into it for it to all of a sudden get hit with a nerf.  

Edit- And if they touch my Tenet arca I'mma cry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ryoma- said:

I just find it really bad when People ask for a nerf of a certain weapon that is suppose to be strong and reward you for grinding for it to be nerfed because all of a sudden it was deemed "too op".

I've been trying to explain this to people recently. Warframe is not balanced like a competitive online game in the vein of League of Legends, Hearthstone, Fortnite, etc. It's balanced like an RPG. Some stuff is supposed to be weak. Some is supposed to be strong. It's all supposed to be part of your progression in the game.

Nerfing primaries is pretty suspect considering how few are usable in SP on their own (usually need a frame to really juice them up), but people are okay with melee being so much stronger than guns that if there was a SP+ (where it was 200 levels above star chart) that it would still trivialize this content. It's fair for people to say they want guns and melee to be closer in power, but it's not okay to complain that a gun is actually strong now when that was the explicit intent by DE with the Sisters update. These kinds of people should not be taken seriously. They should have their calls for nerfs summarily dismissed and they should be called out for trying to ruin the game, because their kind ruins every game where devs listen to their trashy opinions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Ryoma- said:

I genuinely feel like the Tenet Tetra was the victim of this. Like they actually made it a GOOD primary weapon and with what they said earlier before of making primaries stronger so they can at least be on par with melee. It made sense the Tenet Tetra was strong along with the other primaries/Secondaries. I just find it really bad when People ask for a nerf of a certain weapon that is suppose to be strong and reward you for grinding for it to be nerfed because all of a sudden it was deemed "too op". Idk I just don't like that part of the community because I feel like it ruins it for people who love those weapons and invested time into it for it to all of a sudden get hit with a nerf.  

 

It was obvious from the start that the tenet tetra would get nerfed. It was the only aoe gun in the entire game with 0% falloff after all, which makes it an obvious oversight. So they added 60% falloff, which is basically in line with other explosive weapons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

invigorations means waste or resources in warframes we dont like...

Helminth needs better ideas...

There would certainly be no shortage from the community. The obvious one is to give us a list of buffs we'd like and put different costs to each one, then let us just use what we want on whichever frame we want. This RNG nonsense actually does undermine the usefulness and enjoyability of invigorations quite a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...