Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gun Arcanes

MrHBN

The issue of AOE Vs single target guns:

So gun arcanes are really good by giving weapons good damage and making builds more diverse. There is a issue though. AOE weapons with arcane merciless or dexterity is really powerful but deadhead isn't useful for those weapons. This isn't a problem on paper because you can use deadhead fine on non-AOE weapons. The thing is though is all arcanes grant the same 360% damage when maxed out and fully stacked. AOE weapons are good against groups. While playing the game you are always fighting groups of enemies which means that you want a AOE weapon rather than a single target weapon like the Braton, Flux Rifle, Paris, etc. Basically Deadhead is only viable on single target weapons but AOE is way stronger. To make it so single target weapons can keep up with AOE weapons I think Deadhead needs some kind of buff to help single target weapons and to reward good aim.

Arcane Deadhead:

The idea I have for a change to deadhead would be that it can't be used on AOE weapons and instead of giving a max damage boost of 360%, like the other arcanes, it should give more damage. Either by giving more per stack or just adding a extra stack or two. I am not a game balance professional so I can't say how much more damage you should get but you should get more damage due to it being procced by headshot kills and being more difficult to use.

Future Arcanes:

It would be nice to see more gun arcanes added at some point. I don't have many ideas but a general one could be that they give status chance instead of damage. So basically a weeping wounds for guns. I think it will make builds more interesting. With the new arcanes we don't have to use serration, hornet strike or point blank because the arcanes can now replace them. I think arcanes that give more fire-rate, status chance, crit-damage etc would help make builds even more diverse. If more do get added I think they should drop from somewhere else than the Acolytes. Basically if you want status arcanes then farm them from X mission/area, if you want damage arcanes then farm Acolytes, if you want crit-damage arcanes then farm them from Y mission/area.

Final Thoughts:

The gun arcanes are a welcome addition to the game and I think they should be expanded upon. More variety is good for the game.  

16 минут назад, MrHBN сказал:

it should give more damage. Either by giving more per stack or just adding a extra stack or two.

I already see people cleaning dust from sniper rifles if this happens :D

Esp combined with galvanized scope. Btw, did you try to use single target weapon with both deadhead and galv scope yet?

4 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

I already see people cleaning dust from sniper rifles if this happens :D

Esp combined with galvanized scope. Btw, did you try to use single target weapon with both deadhead and galv scope yet?

Yeah I did, It's great. It makes snipers really powerful. The problem is that I could have killed everyone quicker with a AOE weapon which is why I think there needs to be a even bigger incentive to use deadhead which could be achieved by giving more damage or maybe even having more headshot damage. so as it stands now a single stack gives 120% damage on a headshot kill which stacks up to 3X. Then you get +30% headshot multiplier and -50% recoil. They either need to make it 150% damage per stack or make it 120% damage and 5-10% more headshot damage on stack and maybe even have it last longer to put more of a emphasis on using the weapon on heavy units. Deadhead just needs a little extra something to help out single target weapons.    

2 hours ago, MrHBN said:

The gun arcanes are a welcome addition to the game and I think they should be expanded upon. More variety is good for the game

Yeah it's good that there are people who are taking their time to try the new stuff out. They are great. Also the Gundition Overload mods seems to work properly now and my god they do crazy damage (I think some guns like the Ogris is still bugged tho).  

What Galvanized Scope and Arcane Deadhead need is an easier way to proc. On-kill effect are incredibly easy to proc as they work off DoT kills, so slash and heat ticks (very common among meta builds) can easily keep these buffs up at 100%. On the other hand, the on- headshot kill effects doesn't work with DoT, so if you have something like Hunter Munition on your Rubico Prime it becomes much harder to proc these effects.  

Either make the DoT kills from headshot count, or make it that they only require headshots, not headshot kills.  

On 2021-07-30 at 2:46 PM, Bakaguya-sama said:

What Galvanized Scope and Arcane Deadhead need is an easier way to proc. On-kill effect are incredibly easy to proc as they work off DoT kills, so slash and heat ticks (very common among meta builds) can easily keep these buffs up at 100%. On the other hand, the on- headshot kill effects doesn't work with DoT

I agree, they need to either make it easier to proc or give a substantial buff to compensate for the difficulty (well, how tricky proccing it can be). I do still think it needs a small buff regardless of how it procs.

• 1 month later...

,es.. DE did a good job in buffing primary/secondary weapons but now we have that some classes of those weapons are way more powerful then others.How about Arcane Deadhead gives bonus mainly to critical damage & instead of additional small crit DMG buff rather change it to accuracy bonus? Are in mind that all primary/secondary arcanes (& galvanized mods) need to have combo duration.This is the only game I've encountered so far where a headshot with a sniper is not a kill not to mention that on steel path it can be a headshot with a stealth multiplier and still no kill while AOE weapons need same amount of time to clear a room full of enemies.

yeah well... dmg isnt the problem, but i heavily agree the problem for single target weapons is that in pub mission the rest of squad will "steal" kills so you cannot maintain any buffs properly (galv scope more a problem than deadhead arcanes). what i'd find useful is  a) give galv scope and deadhead the ability to also gain stacks from dot-applied-to-head-killed enemies like all the other mods n stuff do and

On 2021-07-30 at 1:36 PM, MrHBN said:

Deadhead just needs a little extra something to help out single target weapons.    

b) instead of -recoil give them something like a small explosion or a pax seeker effect so single target weapons can make some fun again and somehow compete. recently i found myself using more or less only aoe weapons since u30.5 instead of amazing and beautiful weapons like vectis, vasto, etc.. recoil in general is not a problem since you can mod in exilus slot if reallyreally needed.

I dislike the arcanes. Makes damage numbers infinity more difficult to calculate.

Aside from that, since all of them work off of getting kills, they make players compete for kills, and now more and more people are resorting to massive AoE weapons to get them, making multiplier much less encouraged in an MMO.

Archived